Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 07:52 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
FOX is a right wing network with ZERO credibility. It is basically a Rush Limbaugh type show. Why would anyone watch this network?
Why would anyone be afraid to appear if their policies are working for everyone? Hillary refuses it also. Do you only vote/listen to a President that sees it your way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 07:59 AM

756 posts, read 424,698 times
I really am amused when liberals endlessly prattle on about how bad Fox news is when the most of the mainstream media is and traditionally was tilted to the left heavily.
I really tend to believe they aren't outraged by the bias, they are outraged that the bias is AGAINST their viewpoint.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:14 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
The lies Fox news tells are against him, while the lies CNN tells are for him. It's simple.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:18 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,893,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The truth is this:

Obama doesn't need Fox. He never needed Fox. If anything, Fox needs him which is why they're putting out the call nationwide in an effort to get him on. But really, he should blow them off.

Fox is a bug to be stepped on by Obama. They're insignificant. Meaningless. Not worth his time.

He's won two elections fairly easily without ANY support from Fox anchors and talking heads, so why should he play ball with them? What benefit is it to him? He can find a dozen other networks to talk to.

Fox News is whistling Dixie. He's crushed every candidate they've openly supported against him and he's spent most of his two terms punking out the Republican congressmen that Fox claimed would rein him in. He smacked around the last Speaker so bad that his caucus basically forced him to resign.

Face it, Obama has owned the Republican Party and the party's propaganda apparatus (Fox) is sore about it. Obama should continue to ignore them the way you would a small child chiming in on adult matters. They're a laughingstock.

1. He can find a dozen mamby-pamby thumbsuckers who praise him as does every other demolib in the country. He would rather go to RT or other non-American news networks who will also stroke his narcissistic ego.
Obama is all about ego. Ego is fine as one who is in the public eye needs one to succeed but Obama is so far out there it's not realistic.

Obama will call out FOX in speeches and press conferences. Why? They don't suck up to him and will call him out on BS; something the sycophants at MSNBC or CNN won't. What CNN huckster got Goosebumps when BHO won in 08? Why do the female gang talkshow hosts all gush on about Obama? It's sickening; good thing I only see them once in a blue moon.

2. He has? If FOX is the republican propaganda apparatus where does that leave the rest of so called news journalism?
I suspect it leaves them where most would assume. Mouthpieces for the progressive liberal left, which is what he and most democrats are. Who would push PC down the throats of Americans whether they want it or not? The progressive left - democrats. What new networks push a PC agenda? Any but FOX.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:22 AM

2,761 posts, read 3,427,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
What is sad is that in all probability you honestly believe this.
Faux news:

Sad is that they have a big audience of supporters.
Scary is when they are considered a legitimate news source.

Every time I caught a glimpse of faux news I was disgusted.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:23 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
He knows what his weaknesses are and he wants to save face.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:27 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Faux news:

Sad is that they have a big audience of supporters.
Scary is when they are considered a legitimate news source.

Every time I caught a glimpse of faux news I was disgusted.
Quite frankly I feel that way about MSNBC but they are actually a branch of NBC with Tom Brokaw, Lester Holt, Andrea Mitchell, etc. making frequent apperances. How can supposedly legitimate news anchors and reporters make appearances on this network?

Last edited by toryturner; 11-05-2015 at 08:44 AM..

Old 11-05-2015, 08:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
Fox News isn't a news station - it is entertainment junk food for political junkies who have no idea what reality is. I doubt any other developed nation on earth would consider airing such junk. Haven't studies shown that those who watch Fox News only are those who know least about what is going on in the world (or country)?

Obama isn't "afraid" of Fox. What is there to be afraid of exactly? He just calls a spade a spade. It is the exact same as MSNBC for the left, except that MSNBC doesn't claim to be "fair and balanced". The thing that should scare everyone about Fox News is that those who watch it actually believe that is is fair and balanced.
OMG, what do you really know about anything? He may not be afraid of FOX, but he doesn't like confrotation and will not subject himself to be questioned.

As for FOX not being news, what do you consider a news network, MSNBC< CNN< CNBC? The thing that scares me a lot more than people who watch it are people, probably like you that do not take the time to get a cross view of what is really happening. some of us, those with brains, watch FOX as well as PBS, CNN, read a couple of newspapers and get some info on line.

Fair and Balanced? Of course FOX leans right, no one including he network itself denies that, but, at least they do have contributors from both sides. Lis Wiehl, Juan Williams, Kirston Powers, Alan Combes, and even Chris Wallace. Now, gives us a list of conservatives or even Republicans that are regular contributors on MSNBC, CNBC or the other left leaning networks?

I think several of us would like to know where you got the information about those who watch FOX know little of nothing about what is going on in the world and how did you come to the conclusion no other country would have a network like FOX? You are basing this on your opinion and absolutely nothing else. you don't get out much do you? It appears you live in the UK, so what do you really know about what, we in America watch or think?

Now last but not least, you do realize what a racist statement you have just made: saying Obama knows when to call a spade a spade. I doubt you would ever hear him use that term.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Fox news is a corporate run news outlet that actually uses "propaganda techniques" on their viewers.
Fourteen Propaganda Techniques Fox "News" Uses to Brainwash Americans

Literally 60% of things Fox news says as facts are actually lies.
‘Pants On Fire’: Analysis Shows 60% Of Fox News ‘Facts’ Are Really Lies

And Fox news viewers are the most misinformed people in America.
Survey: NPR’s listeners best-informed, Fox viewers worst-informed | Poynter.

The corporate controlled Fox news has their viewers/cult believing global warming is a hoax (because combating it would reduce corporate profits), they lie to them about Social Security's problems (so they can privatize SS and send our SS money to Wall Street), they have them wanting to abolish the EPA (so they can no longer regulate corporations), they have them believing supply side tax cuts increase revenues (all respected economists say they don't), ex.ex.ex.

And the only reason Fox news is so tough on Obama is he opposes supply side tax cuts like these,

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

"Fox news tells it like it is" (that's not even funny.)
and everyone of us can gives examples of what you are saying being untrue. You believe what you see on left leaning blogs, but not what the public thinks, do you really think FOX is that much different than other media outlets? You talk about Cults I can think of a few cult followers on the left side, but I guess that is totally different. I can't understand how anyone call think they know what is really going on when they depend on blogs for their information.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:41 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
This summer, it was made public that Obama continues to steer clear of difficult interviews and stays with friendlier journalists. He prefers softer questions and being surrounded by those that agree with him. News was reported in Europe.

Cornel West Bottom Line: Obama

Is the media growing more or less supportive of Obama since the summer?
Ironic, isn't it? 0bama ridicules the Republicans for hitting back against the biased CNBC moderators in the debate, and yet he refused to attend a any debate that was moderated by Fox News Channel. At least the Republicans show up at all the debates moderated by the liberal media places, like CNBC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies