Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 07:51 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Why would Obama want to appear before a network whose entire goal was to discredit him, they trot out hacks from the morning to the evening just to state that Obama is bad. I enjoy Kelly, Bret Baier, even O'Reilly but the rest of the program is just criticism directed at Obama. Very, very slanted and not objective.
By discredit you mean calling someone out for not telling the truth? Obama covered for Hillary saying she never had a private server(s) and didn't send classified emails. How can 60 min (cbs) give him a pass on that? Whose running that investigative reporting hs club?

It's great seeing visits to the late night talk shows and frequent visits to the golf course. Focused. Priorities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 08:42 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You guys are mad. I'd be mad too if I were you.

But the truth has been told...Obama doesn't need Fox. That's all there is to it.
Fox and America doesn't need President Obama......

Although it seems you need him.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:12 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times
The simply answer is, obama is NOT president of the United States, he is only president of the democrat party. He doesn't recognize anything else.
You can be one of two things, you can be an American, or you can be a democrat.. You can't be both...

Old 11-06-2015, 08:03 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
So should the President after he has won the election. Now Hillary is doing the same thing. How useful will you and others be if Obama and Hillary get their wish and we have a one party system?

The president is first and foremost a politician.

He is not a journalist and does not need to be objective or impartial. In regards to his governing, IMO he hasn't done all that bad of a job. Many of you who focus so much on Fox news though only focus on specific, non-important issues. Some of my biggest complaints and gripes about him are in regards to the tens of thousands of people he has killed, including Americans and children, in foreign countries in regards to drone attacks. As a black person, I feel he has not done enough in regards to getting rid of mandatory sentencing when it comes to crack cocaine. I also feel that he should be more active in releasing from prison the thousands of people who were caught up in crack back in the 1980s and 1990s. I feel that he should have charged and tried bankers who were involved in the "Great Recession." There are many other items that I can and do criticize him about, but all in all, he is not all that different from all the recent presidents. He also has a lot of plusses on his record. I also don't think he is some evil, anti-christ like Fox tries to paint him out to be. I honestly do believe he is doing the best he can, that he loves America, and that he is a nice, decent person in his professional life. He is also intelligent and IMO he is right to not go on Fox. The "contributors" on that channel, for the most part are not intelligent. All they want to do is argue. I think it admirable that he doesn't want to go on their channel and be badgered just so their "contributor" of choice can yell and turn red in the face and make all the idiots who watch Fox news happy that someone yelled at Obama.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:11 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Obama is afraid of anyone who disagrees with him. He is an intellectual lightweight and lacks the intellectual capacity to cope with people who disagree with him. He is an idiot, just like the people who elected him.
No teleprompter=no interview.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:43 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
The president is first and foremost a politician.

He is not a journalist and does not need to be objective or impartial. In regards to his governing, IMO he hasn't done all that bad of a job. Many of you who focus so much on Fox news though only focus on specific, non-important issues. Some of my biggest complaints and gripes about him are in regards to the tens of thousands of people he has killed, including Americans and children, in foreign countries in regards to drone attacks. As a black person, I feel he has not done enough in regards to getting rid of mandatory sentencing when it comes to crack cocaine. I also feel that he should be more active in releasing from prison the thousands of people who were caught up in crack back in the 1980s and 1990s. I feel that he should have charged and tried bankers who were involved in the "Great Recession." There are many other items that I can and do criticize him about, but all in all, he is not all that different from all the recent presidents. He also has a lot of plusses on his record. I also don't think he is some evil, anti-christ like Fox tries to paint him out to be. I honestly do believe he is doing the best he can, that he loves America, and that he is a nice, decent person in his professional life. He is also intelligent and IMO he is right to not go on Fox. The "contributors" on that channel, for the most part are not intelligent. All they want to do is argue. I think it admirable that he doesn't want to go on their channel and be badgered just so their "contributor" of choice can yell and turn red in the face and make all the idiots who watch Fox news happy that someone yelled at Obama.
First he is everyone's President, not for just you lefties. He announced pretty much his first day in office the Republicans could get in the back seat. He as also slammed Fox through his whole Presidency, so don't pretend he is being picked on.

Your last sentence shows the immaturity of both the President and his supporters. Guess becoming President still doesn't make some grow up! Guess all you expect from him is that he shows up on SNL.....now that's a non challenging move.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:11 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes those 2 are fair but there are so many others, every network has some degree of bias but Fox is far from subtle.
And you think NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, CNN and NPR are subtle about their bias?

Fox commentators and analysts do indeed usually lean to the right. But at least Fox has a regular cadre of kook Leftists to represent the Democratic Party racist, street agitators and zombies (read: elected Democrats). Can't really say that for the other networks.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:21 AM

57,221 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
And you think NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, CNN and NPR are subtle about their bias?

Fox commentators and analysts do indeed usually lean to the right. But at least Fox has a regular cadre of kook Leftists to represent the Democratic Party racist, street agitators and zombies (read: elected Democrats). Can't really say that for the other networks.

Lou Dobbs used to be fair but after he went to Fox he became like the rest. Fox's so called analysts like Hannity, Bolton, KT McFarland consume the program with nothing but Anti-Obama rhetoric.

None of the other networks have a cadre of shills that they trot out daily to do nothing but offer one side of the story. If Obama puts more troops in the ME he is wrong, if he stays out he is wrong, it's boring and tiresome.

Comparing NPR to Fox news, please.

Old 11-06-2015, 04:55 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr409 View Post
Look at Alyson Camarato or whatever her name is. Compare her at CNN to when she was at Fox.
And?

Old 11-06-2015, 05:33 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
First he is everyone's President, not for just you lefties. He announced pretty much his first day in office the Republicans could get in the back seat. He as also slammed Fox through his whole Presidency, so don't pretend he is being picked on.

Your last sentence shows the immaturity of both the President and his supporters. Guess becoming President still doesn't make some grow up! Guess all you expect from him is that he shows up on SNL.....now that's a non challenging move.
Care to back up the bolded with an actual link of him saying that. I can show you a leading Republican saying that their only goal is to make him a one term president. I wouldn't work with idiots who say things like that either.

Why should Obama go on Fox news? They have shown nothing but distain for him from the time he has been elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies