Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2015, 01:10 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,911,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Michigan and Pennsylvania are TOSS UPS at the moment.
Michigan and Pennsylvania haven't voted Republican in a presidential race since 1988. They always seem toss ups but are rather dependable Democratic states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 01:12 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,485,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Philly has changed so much that many of it's born and bred residents would not recognize their old neighborhoods.
It has become a very different city with urban decay, immoral, crime ridden, etc.
Even the churches who try to help the poor are going under because there is no community support.

By and large the urban population centers will continue to want more government intervention in their lives to try and control the mayhem that will ensue. So while PA might very well vote (D) more than (R) because of that, I'd bet it looks like most other states that are predominately red, except in small blue pockets of the urban jungles.
Even FL is mostly red, but the tri-county are of S FL along with a couple of other areas is enough to turn the tide. That is evident not only by the colors on the map, but most of the state legislature and governor has been (R) for a very long time.

`

Texas is so big... Just think if Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas and El Paso, were in a state the size of Pennsylvania. It too would be blue, with approximately 17 million living in those Democrat ruled regions, in a sea of red and that doesn't include the blue Rio Grande Valley.

Old 11-06-2015, 01:18 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,493,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Everyone said trump wouldn't last.

Does someone have to be 100% accurate in everything they do?
Your question is a logical fallacy argument.

We are talking about Nate Silver and his election predictions. He has been put up as someone how can predict elections, yet his prediction about Trump, is 100% wrong. Thus if he is wrong about that, then there absolutely no reason to think that he will be right about anything.

I realize that Democrat partisans are grasping at any straw of hope they can, but the fact of the matter is they will nominate someone who most of America does not like. A disaster in the making for them. Dreaming about past elections and thinking it will continue to be the same, is just a symptom of that.

Old 11-06-2015, 01:22 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,789,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Sanders is doing the same but even more so by pushing Hillary left.
He is pushing her left but it's unlikely to have the same effect for her. It doesn't look like she's going to have to do much to beat him. He'll become a non issue early on.

Her Bernie problem is more about securing turnout among his base next November, which skews younger.

Income equality is their big issue and she can speak to that without alienating too much of the middle.

Old 11-06-2015, 01:27 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,382,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Your question is a logical fallacy argument.

We are talking about Nate Silver and his election predictions. He has been put up as someone how can predict elections, yet his prediction about Trump, is 100% wrong. Thus if he is wrong about that, then there absolutely no reason to think that he will be right about anything.

I realize that Democrat partisans are grasping at any straw of hope they can, but the fact of the matter is they will nominate someone who most of America does not like. A disaster in the making for them. Dreaming about past elections and thinking it will continue to be the same, is just a symptom of that.
Silver has been proven wrong a year before the election? Nice try. Trump has to win the nomination (LOL) for that happen.

Trump is the least likable candidate of them all, on top of being an ill-prepared, unlettered oaf who can barely articulate his worldview to his adoring audience. Lucky for him, they're too busy dreaming about a giant wall (paid for by Mexico) to notice.

"An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that Barack Obama's birth certificate is a fraud." - Trump the Clown

Old 11-06-2015, 02:08 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,589,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Silver has been proven wrong a year before the election? Nice try. Trump has to win the nomination (LOL) for that happen.

Trump is the least likable candidate of them all, on top of being an ill-prepared, unlettered oaf who can barely articulate his worldview to his adoring audience. Lucky for him, they're too busy dreaming about a giant wall (paid for by Mexico) to notice.

"An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that Barack Obama's birth certificate is a fraud." - Trump the Clown
Trump has several qualities the other republicans candidates don't have.

1.) Dude is a quick thinking on his feet, able to go for the jugular on anybody approaching him or coming at him. Right now he is a baddest ass dog in the room and he has taken enough meat off of the other pretenders they don't know how to approach him. Ask Rubio about approaching the big dog, he is in the corner licking his wounds. Now the guy is going to fight the credit card issue for the next 6 months. Donald and everybody else will eat his ass with the fact he cannot keep his cards straight.
2.) He knows his audience and he is playing it up to them. Telling them sh$t that nobody else will, such as I will throw 11 million illegals out of the country withing 6 months of me becoming president & I'll face Putin down and put his Ruskie ass in it's place. The loonies are eating this ship up.
3.) Outsider status as a billionaire business man. For all white collar republicans who want to make it big this is the ultimate street cred.
4.) Don't **** with the Donald, and I can't address this enough, once he smells blood he goes for it and the other candidates are jumping into the feed frenzy. Rubio will not be able to get over the credit card issue this election, I am eagerly awaiting Trump and the Dr. discussing the history of the Pyramids, that'll be fascinating.

Old 11-06-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post

Yep. Go look at what he said about Trump. He's now back tracking as hard as he can.

Never claimed that Trump will win the nomination. The people get a chance to vote for a candidate in the GOP primaries. Totally unlike the DNC where the SuperDelegates have already picked King Hillary as nominee. I can't imagine why anyone would support this sort of nonsense. Of course Mr. Silver ignores this as well.

As far as being liked, the polls speak for themselves. Get back to us when any other candidate can fill an arena with 10s of thousands.

Old 11-07-2015, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Ironic. You mention "they will nominate someone who most of America does not like" while you support Trump, who most of America does not like.

Old 11-07-2015, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Yep. Go look at what he said about Trump. He's now back tracking as hard as he can.

Never claimed that Trump will win the nomination. The people get a chance to vote for a candidate in the GOP primaries. Totally unlike the DNC where the SuperDelegates have already picked King Hillary as nominee. I can't imagine why anyone would support this sort of nonsense. Of course Mr. Silver ignores this as well.

As far as being liked, the polls speak for themselves. Get back to us when any other candidate can fill an arena with 10s of thousands.
Sanders repeatedly does that.

Old 11-07-2015, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Sanders repeatedly does that.
Sanders is no longer a real candidate since DNC is going to nominate King Hillary regardless of the voters & primaries. Only a few hundred show up to see him now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies