Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 09:30 AM

876 posts, read 1,001,498 times

Advertisements

It utterly baffles me. Yes I understand that people need to pay their bills and all, but it honestly makes me feel sick to my stomach when I hear about stories of employees suing their employers for being fired "unjustly".

I am saying this as a minimum wage worker, and not as one of them fancy "skilled" workers. I just can't stand this kind of horrible work ethic. You are not entitled to having a job. And no, the employer really should not need a reason to fire you other than because he doesn't like you. His company his rules. I also can't imagine that somebody with a history of suing everybody is going to be popular in future job interviews. Why hire a ticking time bomb? Why introduce such unpredictability into your company? Why not just hire someone more stable instead? Do people who sue a lot think about what they are doing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 09:33 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Sometimes employees are fired unjustly.

Of course many employees deserve to be terminated and in our system they can protest that termination by suing their former employer ... it doesn't mean they're going to win. Most in fact do not win.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:37 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
It utterly baffles me. Yes I understand that people need to pay their bills and all, but it honestly makes me feel sick to my stomach when I hear about stories of employees suing their employers for being fired "unjustly".

I am saying this as a minimum wage worker, and not as one of them fancy "skilled" workers. I just can't stand this kind of horrible work ethic. You are not entitled to having a job. And no, the employer really should not need a reason to fire you other than because he doesn't like you. His company his rules. I also can't imagine that somebody with a history of suing everybody is going to be popular in future job interviews. Why hire a ticking time bomb? Why introduce such unpredictability into your company? Why not just hire someone more stable instead? Do people who sue a lot think about what they are doing?
Not entitled to a job, just the money a job would bring. could care less about having a job, just the cash.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:38 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Sometimes employees are fired unjustly.

Of course many employees deserve to be terminated and in our system they can protest that termination by suing their former employer ... it doesn't mean they're going to win. Most in fact do not win.
Since one is not entitled to a job, there is no such thing as an unjust firing.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:39 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:

You don't think that happens?

[]

Old 11-06-2015, 09:40 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
So if not everyone is entitled to a job, what do we do for those unemployable folks? No one wants them collecting welfare either. How should they support themselves?

Old 11-06-2015, 09:41 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
So if not everyone is entitled to a job, what do we do for those unemployable folks? No one wants them collecting welfare either. How should they support themselves?
Get employable or starve.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:42 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
It is a cultural issue. You grew up to be submissive to the employer (not to be confused with loyalty or gratitude). You defend the person that controls your destiny. During slavery that was known as an Uncle Tom.

876 posts, read 1,001,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Because people can't obtain something without being entitled to it? I guess the people winning the Olympics only do so because they are entitled to the right and not because they worked hard for it, then.

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
An employer should need no more justification to fire someone than one would need to ask an unwanted guest to leave their house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies