Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 10:46 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Once that "boy" turns into a teen and discovers she really isn't a he because she liked guys would the fathers label her a "girl" or a "gay transgender" ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 11:52 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
This was predicted.

Old 11-07-2015, 11:57 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
That boys should be raised as boys and girls as girls with, ultimately, no crossing of that line is hardly debatable - except in the minds of the liberal idiots who believe that boys can become girls or girls can become boys.

If I glue feathers to my dog, does it make him a chicken?

That child needs help. And removed from that household.
Thanks for your opinion, but how a parent raises their child or how their child wishes to be raised in none of your business.

No, that child is in a loving home and does not need help because it goes against your opinion.

Old 11-07-2015, 02:26 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
That boys should be raised as boys and girls as girls with, ultimately, no crossing of that line is hardly debatable - except in the minds of the liberal idiots who believe that boys can become girls or girls can become boys.

If I glue feathers to my dog, does it make him a chicken?

That child needs help. And removed from that household.

do you know there are countless boys who were raped by a man in the house- and some have not fared well at all- but many have grown up - some get help- some just heal- and now they have families and cope very well- and are great fathers- I do believe they should have been removed - and the attacker shot....but what am I saying-- even with all that today they are just men- this is who they are despite the horrible upbringing- not saying 100% - some parents get divorce and their kids go nuts-- so nothing is 100%. You can raise you kid how ever you please-- but seems you in someones esles' business now

Old 11-07-2015, 02:38 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Actually, Angelia Jolie and Brad Pitt their daughter is now being raised as a boy.......yet no one is talking about it.

Should Shiloh Jolie-Pitt Be Called ‘John’ By The Media? 2015 Declared ‘The Year Of The Transgender Child’
Anything for publicity when old stars get old and out of the media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
It's only child abuse if it's forced on the kid.

If the child is seeing a certified child psychologist and all of that for these issues, that is not child abuse.
It isn't unusual for a child to want to be like the same gender. Mommy or Daddy. So?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The ONLY person who can decide what he/she wants to be is the boy or girl him or herself.

These two men WANT TO raise this girl as a boy when the girl's sexual orientation is unique, and only this little girl can decide who she really is. These two have taken away her chance of deciding for herself.
It is sad when a little girl doesn't have a mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
She will make that decision when and where and how she wants to.
It is being made for her. I suspect she has no female role models and wants to be like daddy. Sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Once that "boy" turns into a teen and discovers she really isn't a he because she liked guys would the fathers label her a "girl" or a "gay transgender" ?
Two men raising a little girl? How many girls would want to have been raised by two men? I can see where the problem lies. No female role model. Sad.

Old 11-07-2015, 02:42 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
there are many one parent homes- its is sad the other is not active -but trust me they find some one - even if its from TV

Old 11-07-2015, 03:05 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
If I was in the business of caring for a group of little kids and one day parents told me X was now going to be Y and we all had to deal with it I wouldn't be able to do it. My logical brain doesn't bend that far and I'd constantly feel like I was "playing pretend" as an adult and lying to everyone on a daily basis.

While I do feel for the transgendered I think 6 is way too soon to be insisting the world change for one individual. The fact is it's going to be an issue for that child their entire life so they need to learn to that not everyone is going to go along with what they want. I'm not saying it should ever be mean or vicious, but trying to get the world to call the sky red instead of blue for one person's well being is never going to happen. Transgendered have a burden to bear, it's not everyone else's job to go along with them. We all have our burdens and we should never expect that. It's a simple fact of life that people are desperate to pretend doesn't exist.

Old 11-07-2015, 11:44 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
We know that there is only one way to conceive a child: male sperm and female egg. I hope that is not open to argument. There are cultures where women live and raise children communally, and the men live apart from them. I think a child can have a healthy development in a home parented by two or more women OR men OR combinations of the two. When these women and men behave like adults living communally that is. When two men living like husband and wife or two women doing the same or mixed aggregations living polyamorously raise children, there will come a time when the disconnect between the dynamic at home comes into direct conflict with the dynamic presented by 97% of the rest of the world. That's bound to create anxiety in some of the children raised this way. I don't think it should be encouraged. But that's me. In many cultures sons are revered. Daughters not so much. Lots and lots of aborted female fetuses. To say nothing of all the baby girls at the bottom of rivers in these countries. Think of all the lives that could have been saved if these people simply raised the sons they wanted, regardless of what actually came out of the oven.

Old 11-07-2015, 11:53 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I love how people are born gay, but at any time they can spontaneously choose their sex. yeah, that's rational. bu bu bu but there's science to back it up. the same science that claimed the earth was flat?
There is no science. Your brain controls you does it not. Without a brain you couldn't function. And a brain defines who you are. Are you going to argue against that.

Old 11-07-2015, 11:54 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
If I was in the business of caring for a group of little kids and one day parents told me X was now going to be Y and we all had to deal with it I wouldn't be able to do it. My logical brain doesn't bend that far and I'd constantly feel like I was "playing pretend" as an adult and lying to everyone on a daily basis.

While I do feel for the transgendered I think 6 is way too soon to be insisting the world change for one individual. The fact is it's going to be an issue for that child their entire life so they need to learn to that not everyone is going to go along with what they want. I'm not saying it should ever be mean or vicious, but trying to get the world to call the sky red instead of blue for one person's well being is never going to happen. Transgendered have a burden to bear, it's not everyone else's job to go along with them. We all have our burdens and we should never expect that. It's a simple fact of life that people are desperate to pretend doesn't exist.
I think you have hit on the key reason this is so difficult. There is a transgendered person on my job. This individual has done the bare minimum to qualify for that title. Truthfully, transvestite, is a more accurate term for what they are than transgender. However, to be PC we all call that person by the gender they wish to be called. At least once a week someone not in the know makes the mistake of calling this person what they appear to be. That person is then made to feel like an idiot and they spend the rest of the day apologizing and feeling awful.

You say six is too young. Maybe I agree, but, when then? Have you heard the story of the 11 year old whose physical development is going to be halted with drugs until they are 18 and legally able to make the decision for themselves? I think that is lunacy!! They will be 18 years of age in the body of a pre-pubescent child. And that is supposed to be a good thing??? They will have fallen seven years behind all their neighbors and classmates and will have to develop an entirely new social network. And all because the adults involved are too squeamish to take charge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies