Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2015, 07:44 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhno75 View Post
Conservatives are not better than that. At least those who call themselves "conservatives" nowadays. It's a philosophy with hatred as its core.
That is a hateful thing for you to say.

Old 11-08-2015, 08:03 AM

88 posts, read 128,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I can't tell you how tired I am of seeing some backwoods knuckle dragger stand up at a candidate's poltical rally or meeting and say something to the effect of ...."what we gun do bout that ther muslim in the white house, that black muslim?....

And the worst part of it is that we Republicans seem to embrace a philosophy of passive tolerance to these idots.... and why? Because they vote Republican? We don't need these uneducated hicks votes!

This plays right in to the Democrats hands every time something like this happens and candidates don't call it out for what it is! McCain is the only one who did the right thing and stood his ground and put the idiot in his audience back in her place. He didn't want to get her vote by being complicit in her ignorance. Every time one of these hillbillies says something like this and it goes unchallenged, it just lends credibility to the Dems false portrayal of all Republicans being beer guzzling rednecks with an 8th grade education.

First Donald Trump failed us in this regard, and now Carly Fiorina. THIS MUST STOP!!! This is not what the Conservative movement is about... If you're one of these people who believe that Obama is "an arab" or a "muslim", and that combined with his "blackness" somehow disqualifies him from being president in "your white, Christian nation"... than go crawl back under your rock and stay there!!!! There is NO place for you in the Conservative movement you anti-freedom, slanderous hypocrite!

ABC Reporter: Fiorina Didn’t Correct Someone Who Called Obama ‘Black Muslim’ (UPDATED) | Mediaite

WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS CONSERVATIVES!
Sounds to me you're bigoted as a "backwoods knuckle dragger" "uneducated hick" "beer guzzling". But in a hoity toity fashion.

Old 11-08-2015, 08:10 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Are you talking about the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago?

While the location of the Trinity building may have more people of colour attending, the United Church of Christ's nationwide membership is mostly white, so it is not a truly 'black' church.

Former VP Hubert Humphrey and former supreme court justice William Rehnquist were United Church of Christ members.
Attempting to deflect, you did a POOR job.

If I have to explain that he did NOT attend services in those other places all over the world and that he CHOSE to attend a predominately black church with a racist America hating black preacher, then nothing I say will make sense to you.

I am sure there are hundreds of OTHER churches he could have attended but, he didn't, he CHOSE the black church.

Old 11-08-2015, 11:35 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The Depression years. One reason I would rather live in 2015 than today.
isnt today 2015

Old 11-08-2015, 11:37 AM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
isnt today 2015
Typo, no need for splitting hairs better to be living in 2015 than those days.

Old 11-08-2015, 02:59 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Really? When have I said that all I care about is Black people? In fact, one of my posts explicitly mentions that I don't care what race a person is as long as they are decent. I care about making sure all people get treated fairly in a society. I also understand that I was born Black, and for that reason, I have nothing to gain from your desire to have a 1955-style society. Prove to me that I have something to gain. Actually, I asked some question of you regarding that, and you never answered.
You just can't see that you are verifying the assertion within one paragraph. You want a society that you believe benefits any and all black people. I want a society that is lower crime, more harmonious and free, that has accountability, benefits meritocracy, families and America being the most prosperous nation. I have nothing to gain from a 2015 society.

Quote:

As for "it's always about race", I've seen you make so many comments
complaining about Blacks as a whole. Accusing Black people of
doing that is quite hypocritical.

I complain about all progressive liberals. It's responding in kind to their incessant complaints and attacks against white people.

Quote:
And it was also Hispanic and Asian immigrants(the ones who came the legal way) who struggled to help build this country too. The fact that you singled out Blacks without considering that there are people in other groups not taking this issue to heart, that shows me that it is about race with you.
Because our immigration policy is all about race and multiculturalism and changing the demographics. Hispanic and Asian were less than 1% of America's history. You minimize the 99%. So why now just in the last 40-50 years is America being given away to Latin America and Asia, after it long was built into the greatest superpower? America has historically been 87%/12% white and black and also Christian and I support conserving that.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:59 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You just can't see that you are verifying the assertion within one paragraph. You want a society that you believe benefits any and all black people. I want a society that is lower crime, more harmonious and free, that has accountability, benefits meritocracy, families and America being the most prosperous nation. I have nothing to gain from a 2015 society

I live in an area that is low crime. Blacks today have more opportunities to seek out low crime areas than at any time at USA history. 1955 was not a time of meritocracy. If it was, Blacks would have done alot better in those days. There would have been no need for the Civil Rights movement.

Show me where I said that all I care about is Black people. Show me.

Quote:
I complain about all progressive liberals. It's responding in kind to their incessant complaints and attacks against white people.
I've seen alot of complaints directed towards Blacks.

Quote:
Because our immigration policy is all about race and multiculturalism and changing the demographics. Hispanic and Asian were less than 1% of America's history. You minimize the 99%. So why now just in the last 40-50 years is America being given away to Latin America and Asia, after it long was built into the greatest superpower? America has historically been 87%/12% white and black and also Christian and I support conserving that.
Immigration policies of the past limited non-Whites coming here. Nowadays, it's about quotas based on Western Hemisphere vs Eastern Hemisphere.

And personally, I'm not concerned about what the demographics are. I'm more concerned about being treated with respect, people treating each other with respect, and people being decent. Come legally, obey the law, be a hard worker, I do not care what race or ethnicity you are.

And to clarify, it doesn't matter what percent of the population they were in the past. Last I checked, Asian and Hispanic immigrants have made contributions to this nation. The ones who come legally do work hard. If anyone should be concerned, everyone who is here legally should be concerned. Singling out Blacks does not make sense.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:09 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Christ was never a Christian. Had nothing to do with the religion.
Christ had "nothing to do with religion?" LOL!!! Oh, boy! We've got a live one here! This is rich!

Of course Christ was not a "Christian!" He was a Jew! But he was sent to die on the Cross for the sins of man, and to redeem all who believed. Those who believed, and followed him, became known as "Christians." Hmmm, I wonder why?

<SMH>

Old 11-08-2015, 05:11 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Being a Christian means to be like Christ though.
Not exactly. It means you have accepted Christ as Lord and Savior.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:12 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Hate to break it to you (actually, I don't), but you're fighting a losing battle. May I suggest finding the nearest dustbin of history and jumping in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Not exactly. It means you have accepted Christ as Lord and Savior.
Would Christ accept you though? He was as liberal as it gets.

Last edited by RaymondChandlerLives; 11-08-2015 at 06:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies