Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 02:19 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Conservatives generally have no sense of economic and finance. They screamed we were heading for a Japanese stagflation in 2009, if anyone had listened to those idiots he/she would have missed one of the best stock/housing boom in generations.

All you have to do to beat the market, is listen to what conservative pundits are saying about the economy, and then invest in the opposite direction.
Yeah, that's why we aren't the typical democrat voting layabouts on welfare pumping out babies like a puppy mill. Liberals want to hate on the wealthy 1% and assume them to all be conservatives which makes them "the enemy".
Kinda shoots down your empty statement, right?

Old 11-09-2015, 02:22 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Conservatives generally have no sense of economic and finance. They screamed we were heading for a Japanese stagflation in 2009, if anyone had listened to those idiots he/she would have missed one of the best stock/housing boom in generations.

All you have to do to beat the market, is listen to what conservative pundits are saying about the economy, and then invest in the opposite direction.
Missed out on the best boom and BUST you mean. LMAO yea more should have invested in the housing scam . Now you're thinking.

Why since the stock market is doing so well guess those companies are going to have plenty of high paying jobs right. Huh strange how that hasn't happened.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:23 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tujuleez1 View Post

It surprises me anyone not in the top 10% of wealth votes Republican. The Republican party has been the part for the rich for decades. They have never cared about the poor except to employ them in low paying jobs nobody else will do. Why there are poor Republicans baffles me.

Democrats love the poor so much they want to make us all poor.

Where do white males who work for a living go but the Republican Party?

We are certainly not welcome in the Democrat Party.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:55 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,635 times
How can the unemployment be at 5% when there is massive layoffs and closings happening nearly everyday of the month? Go look here
If the economy is doing so well why didn't the interest rate get raised? As a matter of fact they are looking to go with negative interest rates!! If that happens banks can TAKE a percentage of YOUR MONEY out of your account!!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-10-2015 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 11-10-2015, 09:14 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:

It surprises me anyone not in the top 10% of wealth votes Republican. The Republican party has been the part for the rich for decades. They have never cared about the poor except to employ them in low paying jobs nobody else will do. Why there are poor Republicans baffles me.
Yeah, meanwhile the Dems raise taxes and make it harder and harder to survive by giving away freebies to the unproductive.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:25 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:

Delusion is one of the reasons.

Just look at Joe the Plumber. Makes $40k a year, thinks he is getting killed because Obama raises taxes on people making $250k or more.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Yeah, that's why we aren't the typical democrat voting layabouts on welfare pumping out babies like a puppy mill. Liberals want to hate on the wealthy 1% and assume them to all be conservatives which makes them "the enemy".
Kinda shoots down your empty statement, right?
This brings up another shortcoming of most conservatives - an inability to think logically. This could be a reason why they don't seem to grasp economics, which requires an ability to understand abstract concept driven by data.

At any rate, how much money someone makes has very little correlation to how well someone understand economics. I know plenty of people making six-figure salary who doesn't know the definition of a recession.

In fact, take a look at the Republican nominees - Bush and McCain, rich men but knew squad about the economy. Wealth and economic knowledge do not go hand in hand.

Furthermore, it's silly to say that liberals hate on the 1% when blue states are always among the richest states in the nation. The rich in blue states tend to vote Democrats, the rich in red states tend to vote Republicans.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Missed out on the best boom and BUST you mean. LMAO yea more should have invested in the housing scam . Now you're thinking.
I invested in housing from 2010-12 when ALL the conservatives were saying this baby was heading for a bottom. Rush Limbaugh and Fox News were yelling, "This ship is sinking!! We are going down!!!"

I love it. All the frightened Rushheads stayed out of the market and gave me an opportunity to snap up properties at bargain basement prices. I wish Obama hadn't been so good in righting the ship so I could have more time to add to my porfolio.

Anyway,you were saying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why since the stock market is doing so well guess those companies are going to have plenty of high paying jobs right. Huh strange how that hasn't happened.
I told you conservatives have no understanding of the economy. When does stock prices = creating high paying jobs?

The high paying jobs will come as the economy gets even better. They are not driven by stock prices.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:51 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiResident View Post
1. We finally have affordable care for everyone.
2. Unemployment rate hit 5 percent and wages are increasing.
3. The dollar is stronger than ever.
4. Real Estate markets are solid.
5. God bless America.
1. Partial success. I'll give you that one.
2. Not counting actually unemployed people helps a lot with that.
3. Ironically due in large part to drill baby drill...big oil and big agra.
4. True.
5. Whatever floats your boat.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:53 AM

899 posts, read 1,015,552 times
Completely agreed with OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies