Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 08:30 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Reading through this thread, I come to the conclusion that right-wingers would like to see unproductive people shot and killed, or rounded up and put into concentration camps.

Some of you who complain about people receiving government services (the 'taking money out of my pocket' meme) would have no problem accepting government services for themselves. One of you is stompy-foot PO'd because her mother receives $5.86 too much to qualify for government services. She'd be quite happy to pick our pockets for HERSELF, but has the nerve to complain about others??

So much hate and hypocrisy...and outright lying in this thread.
Reading through the thread, I have come to the conclusion that liberals are liars, idiots or both. Your post reinforces that conclusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 08:48 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
What is your solution?

All I read is a bunch of kvetching and no problem-solving.

Besides, we all benefit one way or another from the revenue states and the federal government garner.

That's called living in a society, as opposed to anarchy.

What is your solution?

I have a solution but I'm not sure it's plausible or relevant to this thread..although it can be relevant because it may eliminate the need for welfare.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:20 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
I posted my proofs, where are yours.
Proofs? You mean you posted how much you spend on taxes. The majority of them were incurred as state or local taxes and fees, not federal.

Quote:
That's like saying the school lunch program is part of defense spending
Huh?

No, it's like saying that the Nuclear defense budget isn't accounted for in the DOD, it is accounted for the in DOE.

Quote:
And isn't New York and related lefty states what the lefties want?
No, I think New York sucks completely. I think your complaining has more to do with New York than the United States. I think you're confused.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:37 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,894 times
Quote:
Sorta like a chain gang?

Most people on welfare have children. Are you prepared to offer the people on the chain gang child care services while they are working, or should the children just be added to the gang? Maybe the babies can be strapped to their mothers' backs while moms sweep the streets.

Welfare does have a time limit, you know. The days of generational welfare or welfare for life are over.

I do hope that using the word 'you' in your post does not refer to ME. I put in 50 years of working and I'm retired now.

Problem????
Sorry, do we provide child care for WORKERS going to work? Why should we provide yet another benefit that working stiffs do not get? Figure it out. The vast majority aren't working full time, find a friend and trade off kids or work opposite schedules with a spouse.

"You" was the universal "you" not a specific person (unless you would fall under the auspices of the conversation).

Old 11-09-2015, 09:43 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,071 times
Quote:
Who the hell are YOU to judge the worth of another human being?
Anyone with an IQ above warm has a perfect right to judge the worth of another human being. A lot of human beings are completely worthless and should be treated as such. The problems start when we stopped judging people for their actions. Only morons think a fundamental behavior like exercising judgement is unacceptable.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:44 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Proofs? You mean you posted how much you spend on taxes. The majority of them were incurred as state or local taxes and fees, not federal.

Huh?

No, it's like saying that the Nuclear defense budget isn't accounted for in the DOD, it is accounted for the in DOE.

No, I think New York sucks completely. I think your complaining has more to do with New York than the United States. I think you're confused.
School lunch program origins were from the military during the Great Depression. You should read up on it. DOE expenditures for the DOD are usually secondary to power generation and the byproduct for nuclear weapons. There are a ton of cross departmental expenditures, not just the red herring military industrial complex. Please list where ONLY military expenditures are "hidden" in other accounts. And read up on the lunch thing, it's pretty interesting and goes along with changes to things like Ranger School in recent years.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Every human on the planet is entitled to food, shelter, and healthcare and I can't imagine why anyone would deny those to any person.

Regarding checks, phones and education, I firmly support the right of representative democracies to offer or deny those as a majority of members/citizens deem appropriate.
Everyone on the planet is entitled to pursue what they want and buy what they can pay for, nothing more. Anyone who believes otherwise is a Utopian fool.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Why should someone who works a 40 hour week not expect to make a living wage?
When their production is less that whatever amounts to a living wage. If someone else has to make up the difference it is theft, plain and simple.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:09 AM

1,431 posts, read 912,837 times
Quote:
Sorta like a chain gang?

Most people on welfare have children. Are you prepared to offer the people on the chain gang child care services while they are working, or should the children just be added to the gang? Maybe the babies can be strapped to their mothers' backs while moms sweep the streets.

Welfare does have a time limit, you know. The days of generational welfare or welfare for life are over.

I do hope that using the word 'you' in your post does not refer to ME. I put in 50 years of working and I'm retired now.

Problem????
Why don't you ask those people on welfare why they have children if they can't afford to take care of them? Other people are supposed to foot the bill while they work? Do you see how you sound? Was your favorite fairy tale Robin Hood?

Old 11-09-2015, 10:10 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
There are a ton of cross departmental expenditures, not just the red herring military industrial complex.
Which is my point, defense spending is not contained within the DOD, therefore your chart was not a meaningful depiction of defense spending.

Quote:
Please list where ONLY military expenditures are "hidden" in other accounts.
Why would I do that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies