Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 05:34 PM

401 posts, read 287,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
And let's hope the people are waking up to see the oppression of the federal government and what a drain on the economy and an imposition on the people it has been. With Obamacare failing as miserably as it has, workforce participation down and the rich getting richer while thugs like Hillary thumb their nose at the people, it is a wonder why this hasn't happened sooner.

I only hope that we can work together to get the Regressives out of office but it helps to have fools like Bernie Sander, Hillary and Biden in the spotlight to show the ineptness of the left. And let's hope that we have no RINOs in office so we can affect some positive change by shrinking government, corruption and spending!!
The labor participation rate is going to return to the pre-baby boomer level of roughly 58-60%, the influence of the boomers on every aspect of the economy and society is still being felt. As the boomers kids are getting beyond the age to have children, we are seeing the birth rate in the US drop below 2, meaning the US population is goig to start to age and decline, just like in Europe and Japan.
Labor Force Participation Rate September 2014 - Business Insider
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 05:42 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,651,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
Contrary to Republican mythology, Americans fare better - much, much better - under Democratic administrations:
As of Friday, a $10,000 investment in the S.& P. stock market index would have grown to $11,733 if invested under Republican presidents only, although that would be $51,211 if we exclude Herbert Hoover's presidency during the Great Depression. Invested under Democratic presidents only, $10,000 would have grown to $300,671 at a compound rate of 8.9 percent over nearly 40 years.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...4_OPCHART.html
Gee, the NY Times, what an objective source

Old 11-08-2015, 05:47 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Quote:
Ummm, my citation! I lived during the Jimmy Carter years, and under Obama and they both have sucked big time. I saw the nation prosper under Reagan and again when Newt made the contract with America. I have seen big government fail us time and time again.

Now, do you have anything to disprove that? Didn't think so.
Newt was president? Talk about your intellectual dishonesty! The sad part is, I think you actually believe what you're spewing.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-09-2015 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 11-08-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Gee, the NY Times, what an objective source
Try researching it yourself, I used that link cause it haz pretty pictures and I though you might not want to do any readin.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:51 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,651,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Newt was president? Talk about your intellectual dishonesty! The sad part is, I think you actually believe what you're spewing.

If you have to lie to make your point... You probably don't have a point.

Lol. I am embarrassed for you. I really am.
Be embarrassed for yourself for misrepresenting what I posted. Where did I say that Newt was President? Oh yeah....I DIDN"T!!

The bottom line is that Clinton actually had the balls to reach across the aisle and work with the better half. Obama hasn't done that and the country has paid.

Now when you have something worthwhile to bring to this thread, please do. Until then, stop making falsehoods on what others are saying and read some history!

Old 11-08-2015, 05:54 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Ummm, my citation! I lived during the Jimmy Carter years, and under Obama and they both have sucked big time. I saw the nation prosper under Reagan and again when Newt made the contract with America. I have seen big government fail us time and time again.

No, I can't disprove your experience, any more than you can disprove mine - which is that I've done pretty well under all administrations, D or R.

But I can point out that presidents actually have very little power to control either the US or the world economy.
Why the economy performs better under Democratic presidents - Fortune

Now I think that US economic policies can have an affect on which americans do well and how well they do, but it's nothing like the simple relationship you are contending.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:57 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
They don't think it's "rising." They don't know what you're talking about.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It is cyclical. The worm always turns. And guess what? People cope and move on.

The bigger question is what would the conservative establishment do if the extremist wing rises?

But, in any event, you seem to be under the impression that this country is becoming more conservative when it is actually becoming more liberal. So what are you going to do?

Americans Continue to Shift Left on Key Moral Issues

On social issues, Americans are more liberal than ever before. What's behind the sudden shift? - CSMonitor.com
And there you go, proving nononsenseguys point. GOP majority in the House, Senate, most governors offices (nearly 2:1), most state House and Senates and they still think the country is becoming more liberal. Just shows you how out of touch some people are and how little they really understand about conservatives. Guess what, MSNBC and Huffington aren't reliable sources.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...o-state-level/

Looks real liberal...not.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:57 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Quote:

This post is so partisan, it hurts.

Also, did you suffer amnesia during the Bush years? Why no mention of them?

Old 11-08-2015, 06:01 PM

Americans have always been fiscally conservative and socially moderate, the moderates are just shifting to being socially liberal. No Congress in the last 30 years has been fiscally conservative, and we havent had a fiscal conservative in the White House since Carter.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:02 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
No, I believe Europe will rise again. How - that I do not know.

I am sure you are familiar with the Weimar Republic from history. It was a beaten-down, depressed, disarmed country which also happened to live through one of the worst economical crises in human history. What nobody could foresee, is that in less than two decades the Weimar Republic turned into the powerful and warlike Third Reich, and it took concerted efforts of the three world's superpowers to stop it. I am not advocating that, of course. I am only saying you can never know what the future brings. And I believe in the spirit of White Europe. It has been through a lot before, it can handle this one too.
To be fair: neither England nor Russia could've taken down Hitler BY THEMSELVES. IMHO the US COULD'VE but, IF Hitler watched his manners, I doubt we would've gone after his nasty butt. Declaring war on the US was a HUGE mistake by that boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies