Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 09:11 AM

295 posts, read 181,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Were YOU or were you not the person who had sex and got pregnant? Are you saying at age 17 you didn't know how girls/women get pregnant?

Curious again that you say nothing about HIS personal responsibility or the fact that I was a child and suffering under serious emotional abuse but that's all my fault.
HE wouldn't have had unprotected sex with YOU had YOU not allowed it.

Actually, I did:

"What do you think would happen to me if I made the bad CHOICE of not filing and paying my taxes? Yep. Fines, jail, etc. Will others pay the fines for me and/or go to jail for me? No.

This whole lack of personal responsibility thing is NOT others' responsibility to fund. It just isn't. YOU make bad CHOICES. YOU suffer the consequences.

What do some people NOT get about that? "
[/quote]

Okay so basically you think he should go to jail and my daughter and I should have just died on the streets. Sounds like a lovely place to live.

As I thought, you have no constructive thoughts on the matter. All you want to do is grumble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 09:23 AM

89,028 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharinganAi View Post
Okay so basically you think he should go to jail and my daughter and I should have just died on the streets. Sounds like a lovely place to live.
What about any of that scenario is anyone's responsibility but YOURS and HIS? NONE of it.

I could grumble about others NOT paying my IRS penalties or going to jail for me if I don't file and pay my taxes, but I don't. If I don't act responsibly, that's on ME, and I'M expected to suffer the consequences. I have no problem with that.

Old 05-30-2016, 10:16 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I suppose this forum and this thread in particular are where people with heartburn about every and any problem can vent their frustrations with ridiculous notions about how we can deal with these sorts of issues by way of just rounding people up and/or sterilizing them, regardless the ethical, moral and/or practical facts of the matter. Put those sorts of notions in writing and post as a comment, and suddenly it almost appears as if our problems could be gone just that simply, but of course those actually dealing with these issues and problems know better.

Would be fun if with every such comment that reads like something Hitler might suggest to rid society of these pesky "low-lifes," it should be required to include what happens to the children after the irresponsible mothers and fathers are rounded up, put in jail, and/or sterilized. You know, actually grapple with these problems from a realistic standpoint like policy makers and assistance workers are required to do...

Fact is, most if not all people posting in these threads have their way of life subsidized by the more wealthy folks in one manner or another. IOW's, given the demographic largely represented by those who post in these threads, YOU have paid into the financing of our "general welfare" far LESS than you have taken OUT! What this means is that YOU TOO have been something of a welfare beneficiary, because when it comes to Americans per capita cost of education, national security and all the rest that makes the American world turn, the lion's share of who pays for all that are the sources of highest income in America, and that is not likely to be YOU.

Just another fundamental fact I might point out to all of you who are still malcontents about everything having to do with the poor. Most of our federal expenses, including welfare for the needy are financed primarily by people who pay more taxes than you EVER will. Why? Because they are also making all the money and garnishing an extreme portion of the wealth off the top while the bottom half of America grapples to make ends meet.

I do not know what you are implying- is it a simple problem to fix NO- it's a huge problem, but little is being done to correct any of it. People just blame it on the poor- because its easier-
1- I never mentioned sterilized- you took it down the road- being held accountable is a real problem when dead beat dads are even in congress do not pay child support -yes, the system to collect child support is also broken, and young girls "save" their baby daddies from it by saying " I do not know who the daddy is"-- I have seen it- this can be tightened up if they know the next baby will not just have free funds-
2- I don't know where you get off that the wealthy subside my way of life? That very pompous of you- collectively we all pay in - You know nothing about me to- make any determinations about of my life at all.
3- The wealthy hide money not to pay taxes- some do- many do not- and they took the jobs overseas in order NOT to pay taxes. So as far as the wealthy putting in a higher share- there is no choice -if they pay the taxes- but they try NOT TO- ask any hedge fund manager.
4- I do not despise the poor, ignorant or uneducated,-- never have -never will- I was not raised to look at human beings that way- by counting $$ as their worth. We are all the same- and deserve respect- but we do need better plans to handle all of our population and our economy... should NOT be in politicians hands unless approved by the most educated top pf the line economists . Congress just passes Bills, if they have a "goodie" in the pkg-- and never even READ the SHYTE they pass-
and
5- Cooperate welfare is still-very healthy-- why do they need it at all?? tell me

Old 05-30-2016, 10:33 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
2- I don't know where you get off that the wealthy subside my way of life? That very pompous of you- collectively we all pay in - You know nothing about me to- make any determinations about of my life at all.
Not pompous. Just an attempt to humble a few others who seem to think they take care of themselves and some when all you really need to do is the math...

Simply figure out what all we spend as citizens through our federal expenditures. How much have you collected in the way of attending public schools, national security (the cost of our military complex and activity), and so on...

Figure out what that comes to per American citizen, what value can be applied to you as a beneficiary vs what you have paid in, particularly as compared to say the to 10 percent of income earners in America. Unless you are up in that bracket, your way of American life has essentially be assisted/subsidized by people (and corporations) more wealthy than you. Simply note the level of those expenses financed by the most wealthy, and that should become more clear to you.

And again why is that? Well need I repeat myself?

Jeesus! I had hopes that on a Memorial Day weekend it would be easy to catch up on far fewer comments in these threads, but turns out all too many to read let alone respond to...

And as such, I'm pretty well ready to move on toward more productive things to do with this last day of the Memorial Day holiday weekend. A good one to you as well!

Old 05-30-2016, 11:51 AM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharinganAi View Post
Am I responsible for the choices my parents made? Nah. It's not my fault I grew up in that.

Why do others have to pay for that? Because the system is broken and I had to legitimately fear that a bad person would do bad things to hurt my child. If the system wasn't broken, he'd have had to own up to his mistakes too. So maybe you should turn your angst toward him? Or does he get a free pass from you too?
It seems obvious that poster was meaning you should have used protection, especially knowing your family situation. Why would you sleep with someone who is as awful as you say he is?

Old 05-30-2016, 01:19 PM

295 posts, read 181,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It seems obvious that poster was meaning you should have used protection, especially knowing your family situation. Why would you sleep with someone who is as awful as you say he is?
Abusive relationships don't start out abusive and it doesn't just start one day. It's a very gradual thing.
At the time, I was a very silly kid who believed he was going to marry me, we'd be together forever and it wasn't a big deal if I got pregnant. As it turns out, that wasn't the case. It is my fault for being naive, but he's just as much to blame as I was.

Old 05-30-2016, 05:21 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Not pompous. Just an attempt to humble a few others who seem to think they take care of themselves and some when all you really need to do is the math...

Simply figure out what all we spend as citizens through our federal expenditures. How much have you collected in the way of attending public schools, national security (the cost of our military complex and activity), and so on...

Figure out what that comes to per American citizen, what value can be applied to you as a beneficiary vs what you have paid in, particularly as compared to say the to 10 percent of income earners in America. Unless you are up in that bracket, your way of American life has essentially be assisted/subsidized by people (and corporations) more wealthy than you. Simply note the level of those expenses financed by the most wealthy, and that should become more clear to you.

Jeesus! I had hopes that on a Memorial Day weekend it would be easy to catch up on far fewer comments in these threads, but turns out all too many to read let alone respond to...

And as such, I'm pretty well ready to move on toward more productive things to do with this last day of the Memorial Day holiday weekend. A good one to you as well!
Hope you had a good Memorial Day as well ! I come in from the heat and type a few lines while drinking sweet tea. Enjoy !

Old 05-30-2016, 07:07 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,383 times
Quote:

My income is well over that level. Nice to know that certain people don't mind being a hardship to others no matter how big or small. But hey, it's one less thing I can get my kid and a few less dollars that I can save for retirement. As long as I can pay for other people's mistakes it's all ok! And if I can't I shouldn't say the .gov should stop subsidizing, free of any sort of payback, people's bad decisions (not solely inclusive of sexual stupidity, we shouldn't pay for the care of drug ODS or housing bubbles either).

Also the avoidance of any level of responsibility is rather telling.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:21 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
My income is well over that level. Nice to know that certain people don't mind being a hardship to others no matter how big or small. But hey, it's one less thing I can get my kid and a few less dollars that I can save for retirement. As long as I can pay for other people's mistakes it's all ok! And if I can't I shouldn't say the .gov should stop subsidizing, free of any sort of payback, people's bad decisions (not solely inclusive of sexual stupidity, we shouldn't pay for the care of drug ODS or housing bubbles either).

Also the avoidance of any level of responsibility is rather telling.
Congratulations if you are in the upper bracket as I was once upon a time when I wore a younger man's clothes. You should appreciate how rare a feat and how fortunate you are considering how the great majority of people on the planet live. Whether you do or don't appreciate your good fortune, no doubt well earned and/or deserved, if you are in that bracket, I don't know why you might want or lack for what to buy for your kid or why you fear retirement unless you think your stay in that upper income bracket will be short lived. Is that it?

For me personally, I was never more satisfied from a financial standpoint as compared to when I paid the most taxes I ever did in one year...

Those taxes pay for much more than "other people's mistakes," and if you really think about where that money goes to help those in need, in particular the children born into homes where the parents are ______ (describe as you wish), you typically get that money back in the way of income one way or another, either directly or indirectly, if you follow the flow of that assistance dollar from pocket of poor person to/from wherever they may spend that dollar; to you the landlord if you rent the house, or you the Safeway worker where they spend their food stamp money, or you the 401K holder that may have Safeway stock in that portfolio, or you the doctor that may provide medical assistance to the poor, or you the CPA who may be that doctor's tax preparer...

By the time you consider ALL manner of how our world turns and where our taxes goes, one's perspective can change considerably depending on the depth of that analysis.

Then we can also talk about the person who makes on the order of say $14 million in one year and pays only 14% NET taxes on that income (like Romney did). You in that category as well? If not, then you too owe a little something to those uber-wealthy types, because if not for their tax contributions, the demand for yours would be all the more pressing.

Again, all you need do is the math, and then some economic critical thinking...

Which brings me to the point of advocating yet again that the uber-high income earners as represented by the Romney example should pay the appropriate higher NET tax rate in keeping with how our progressive tax code should be applied, with fewer exceptions at the top such as those individuals and corporations that are paying a lesser rate than average in their group thanks to tax loopholes, off-shore tax havens and crafty teams of tax attorneys.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:02 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,383 times
Quote:
Congratulations if you are in the upper bracket as I was once upon a time when I wore a younger man's clothes. You should appreciate how rare a feat and how fortunate you are considering how the great majority of people on the planet live. Whether you do or don't appreciate your good fortune, no doubt well earned and/or deserved, if you are in that bracket, I don't know why you might want or lack for what to buy for your kid or why you fear retirement unless you think your stay in that upper income bracket will be short lived. Is that it?

For me personally, I was never more satisfied from a financial standpoint as compared to when I paid the most taxes I ever did in one year...

Those taxes pay for much more than "other people's mistakes," and if you really think about where that money goes to help those in need, in particular the children born into homes where the parents are ______ (describe as you wish), you typically get that money back in the way of income one way or another, either directly or indirectly, if you follow the flow of that assistance dollar from pocket of poor person to/from wherever they may spend that dollar; to you the landlord if you rent the house, or you the Safeway worker where they spend their food stamp money, or you the 401K holder that may have Safeway stock in that portfolio, or you the doctor that may provide medical assistance to the poor, or you the CPA who may be that doctor's tax preparer...

By the time you consider ALL manner of how our world turns and where our taxes goes, one's perspective can change considerably depending on the depth of that analysis.

Then we can also talk about the person who makes on the order of say $14 million in one year and pays only 14% NET taxes on that income (like Romney did). You in that category as well? If not, then you too owe a little something to those uber-wealthy types, because if not for their tax contributions, the demand for yours would be all the more pressing.

Again, all you need do is the math, and then some economic critical thinking...

Which brings me to the point of advocating yet again that the uber-high income earners as represented by the Romney example should pay the appropriate higher NET tax rate in keeping with how our progressive tax code should be applied, with fewer exceptions at the top such as those individuals and corporations that are paying a lesser rate than average in their group thanks to tax loopholes, off-shore tax havens and crafty teams of tax attorneys.
Yep, that's our tax code which I have railed and voted against, go to a flat tax. But libs don't want that because they can't force winners and losers. Your lacking the Clinton Foundation being a way for the chosen leftists from paying their taxes.

And I am thankful to my parents. Everyone else can go scratch. My parents helped me. The government didn't. Friends didn't. Strangers didn't. Politicians didn't. I took loans out and my parents gave me a roof over my head to go to school. Done.

If you want to be a minimally trained worker you can take your minimally paid job. When I could beat you at 16 years old, that's your problem not mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies