Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 04:37 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
There LOTS of legal ways of getting back at ILLEGAL aliens. Tho ending birthright for any US born kid unless at least 1 parent's a US citizen is a start when talking about changing the law. IF things got worse; then DC might start doing what Zoe's own country; the Dominican Republic now does to illegals and anchor babies. To be fair; even I think the DR's going too far IMHO. Like as in going all the way back to 1929 to end birthright citizenship.
Well Congress is free to reverse birthrights in the US. Though you are talking about changing an Amendment, so good luck with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 05:27 PM

62,949 posts, read 29,141,740 times
The topic is not Latino "immigrants". The topic is Latino illegal aliens or any other illegal aliens. Why can't you get that through your head?

Old 11-11-2015, 05:33 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
She was talking about legal immigrants if you ever bothered to read the actual interview, but why can you be bothered to do that, all right wingers can comprehend when it comes to immigrants is that they must be illegal.
Why did she say this......she is not saying legal or illegal! Why do we need to adjust our laws for her and her people?

The “Avatar” actress added that the laws need to be adjusted because immigrants are “not going away.

Nobody is trying to get rid of legal immigrants Or are you adding to the conversion?

Seems this woman really has no idea who she is......I guess she thinks she is a human Avatar. Wonder if she plays which ever card that gets men's attention.

Today I am a flower, tomorrow who knows! Zoe Saldana:

Old 11-11-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The topic is not Latino "immigrants". The topic is Latino illegal aliens or any other illegal aliens. Why can't you get that through your head?
This woman is as confused as the people who support her confusion!

Old 11-11-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, that is the topic you want to talk about, we have an entire subforum that you are free to talk about illegal aliens till your heart explodes, but this thread is about comments Zoe Saldana made, and when you read the original interview, you would see she isn't talking about illegal immigrants....but that would require you to read the original interview, which I know you haven't done, nor will you ever read it because YOU are here to ONLY talk about illegal aliens.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Why did she say this......she is not saying legal or illegal! Why do we need to adjust our laws for her and her people?

The “Avatar” actress added that the laws need to be adjusted because immigrants are “not going away.

Nobody is trying to get rid of legal immigrants Or are you adding to the conversion?

Seems this woman really has no idea who she is......I guess she thinks she is a human Avatar. Wonder if she plays which ever card that gets men's attention.

Actually it seems a number of people on this forum would love to push out legal immigrants from Latin America. But you keep thinking this is about illegal aliens.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:37 PM

62,949 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

Exactly! Why would our laws need adjusting if she were talking about legal immigrants? Latinos already enjoy the highest quotas by far for legal immigration into our country annually. Of course she was talking about illegal immigration! Anyone with half a brain could see that. Who is trying to make legal immigrants leave? Just another clue for the clueless in here that she was speaking of illegals not legal immigrants.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:20 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Quote:
There was a history of xenophobia against the Irish and Americans did treat them as second class citizens that only deserved the lowest form of work.

Trying to deflect and make this about the Dominican Republic isn't going to work, this isn't about the Dominican Republic, this is about the US.

She is also right, Europeans invaded North America and claimed the land as their own, taking it from those that lived there. Also, she isn't talking about illegal immigrants, that is just something those that think all Latino immigrants are illegal want others to think.

She isn't saying she wants to take away anything about this country you like, you can keep your heritage, and the Irish didn't turn this country into Ireland either. So I would put away the fear when it comes to Latino immigrants.

What about Spanish speaking legal immigrants? Where these Hopi and Navajos that you say you knew okay with them?

Not everything is about illegal immigration when talking about immigration. Not all immigrants are illegal.
It's not a deflection to talk about the Dominican Republic when Saldana talks about Dominican culture in the article (I read the original interview, not just the article about the interview).

Since legal immigrants are more likely to speak English and assimilate than illegals, the focus of my discussion (with the Natives) about illegals was forcing everything to be bilingual Spanish when they've been there for much longer and are already being bilingual English and their native tongue. I know that doesn't fit the PC narrative of only English-speaking whites being against the replacement of their culture, but too bad it's true.

Who said all immigrants are illegal? My problem is entirely with illegal immigrants not legal ones, but I'm also getting sick of some of the legal immigrants advocating for the illegal ones. And I have a problem with illegals of any origin, but bring up Spanish because this thread is about a Latin actress.

You live in the whitest major city in the country. Oregon defeated drivers' licenses for illegals so probably more left the state since then. You live in a bubble untouched by illegals yet are trying to tell those of us in the sanctuary state of CA and other places what we're seeing with our very eyes.

Last edited by Kaphawoman; 11-11-2015 at 08:18 PM..

Old 11-11-2015, 07:25 PM

899 posts, read 1,015,552 times
I agree with Saldaña. The moaning has gotten old.

Old 11-12-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Actually it seems a number of people on this forum would love to push out legal immigrants from Latin America. But you keep thinking this is about illegal aliens.
Why should we adjust our laws to fit people who brought their children in illegally or had children while here illegally? Do you actually think they didn't no any better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies