Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 02:03 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I am moving nothing. But you know that. SSM never existed, and therefore could never be banned.

Trying to redefine an historic institution and then claiming this new definition is BANNED is just another case of newspeak by the left.
Ok, all of the historical records of same sex marriages don't exist.

Have a good day, I don't have time for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 02:05 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,838,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Marriage has not always been a LEGAL arrangement as it is now. Once you just shacked up and called yourself married unless you were royalty or of the landed class. The vast majority of human culture marriage was not a legal contract. You didn't go to city hall and file a marriage certificate. Even in the US there was not a legal requirement for a filed license of any type to be considered married.

Yup, until those darn Democrats figured out how to profit from it.

Old 11-10-2015, 02:06 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
You seem to have a problem with understanding parentheticals.
Quote:
Some parentheticals are designed to make legal
writing more detailed, while others might be intended to make legal writing more concise.
https://www.law.georgetown.edu/acade...ntheticals.pdf

Have a good one.

Quote:
Ok, all of the historical records of same sex marriages don't exist.

Have a good day, I don't have time for you.

Must have been on Hilary's server.

3,216 posts, read 2,229,911 times
Quote:
Marriage has not always been a LEGAL arrangement as it is now. Once you just shacked up and called yourself married unless you were royalty or of the landed class. The vast majority of human culture marriage was not a legal contract. You didn't go to city hall and file a marriage certificate. Even in the US there was not a legal requirement for a filed license of any type to be considered married.
Marriage has been the LEGAL preference of a man and woman for thousands of years. This is a fact.

Old 11-10-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
I stand corrected, you have a great handle on internet searching about parentheticals! Have a great one!

Old 11-10-2015, 03:38 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Default There are no such thing as socially liberal leftists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
So can we please stop buying into this horsecrap that there is any such thing as a economically statist but socially liberal people? They simply don't exist.
Not the first time you've been wrong, I'm sure.

Old 11-10-2015, 03:48 PM

599 posts, read 401,265 times
Why I'm not a member of the Democratic Party is that there are many that are considered liberal that want big government and and less personal freedoms. I'm a liberal Republican and am economically conservative and very liberal when it comes to social issues.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:01 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,933,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post

But wait! What about stuff like gay marriage? Progressives support that and that's pretty liberal right?

Nope. Social liberalism is basically not making the state tell people what to do. A person that honors the right of a gay person to look for priests to marry it, and the right of said priest to not marry a gay if he doesn't want to, is socially liberal. Progressives however only care about the right of the gay, and not the rights of anybody who doesn't like them. This means that they merely take the nonsense into the other direction, and are thus not actually socially liberal.

So can we please stop buying into this horsecrap that there is any such thing as a economically statist but socially liberal people? They simply don't exist.
What a bunch of foolish nonsense.

I call this B. S.

People who do not like gay people are not being forced into same sex marriages. They are not forced into being gay or engage in homosexual acts. You are not forced to invite gay people into your home.

This "victim card" being played by anti-gay conservatives doesn't fool anyone.

Unprejudiced, tolerant and fair minded people recognized that as a minority gay folks faced bigotry and discrimination in many spheres of society. Gay people were forbidden to apply for many jobs, enter schools, get security clearances, received credit and financial services, get housing in the place of their choice, etc. Gay folks for generations were stigmatized as a criminal class ...and guess what??? ... it was "Social Conservatives" that perpetuated that bigoted nonsense for decades. It was the "Social Liberals" that stood up on behalf of the marginalized and persecuted gay community.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
Why I'm not a member of the Democratic Party is that there are many that are considered liberal that want big government and and less personal freedoms. I'm a liberal Republican and am economically conservative and very liberal when it comes to social issues.
Why don't you consider yourself a libertarian? Your policy viewpoint mirrors many of my libertarian friends' stances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies