Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Reverse-Racism a Problem in the United States?
Yes, the ethnic majority (Caucasian) is experiencing racism. 69 75.00%
No, the ethnic majority is not experiencing racism. 23 25.00%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 08:58 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackParow View Post
yes.
I live in baltimore city. As a White man, I experience racism towards me daily.
Baltimore, eh? Sorry to hear that. That city has been very poorly run for decades and now appears to be completely out of control.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:59 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,969,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackParow View Post
yes.
I live in baltimore city. As a White man, I experience racism towards me daily.
How does it impact your quality of life?

Old 11-12-2015, 09:12 AM

756 posts, read 424,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lucas View Post
Also, some should also stop saying that "blacks sold their own people" unless perhaps you are willing to say that whites killed and burned their own people during World War 2 and the Holocaust, respectively... hence it was justified...
no one is saying it justifies or excuses anything, just that black people partially share the blame as well.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:25 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
I voted no. There is no such thing as "reverse racism" IMO.

Anyone who thinks there is such a thing, IMO has some sort of superiority complex as if they think they should be treated "special" when it comes to racism.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:39 AM

369 posts, read 374,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
no one is saying it justifies or excuses anything, just that black people partially share the blame as well.
Do you know for certain that those black people were of the same nation as the ones they sold?

Old 11-12-2015, 09:53 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Yes. Friend of mine tried to join a softball team and was told Latinos only. He started an Anglo only team and was sued for racism.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:08 AM

756 posts, read 424,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lucas View Post
Do you know for certain that those black people were of the same nation as the ones they sold?
no, but if the conversation is about reparations, does that mean an attempt will be made to go after the descendents of the African kings and rulers who benefited from the triangle trade?

Old 11-12-2015, 10:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
If this kerfuffle in Missouri has taught us anything, it's that reverse-racism is in full-effect in the United States. Three white individuals have now resigned for alleged racist events that they in no way participated in. The most recently casualty is a professor who wrote an email to his students by saying the following:

"If you give in to bullies, they win," Brigham wrote. "The only way bullies are defeated is by standing up to them. If we cancel the exam, they win; if we go through with it, they lose."

Missouri Professor's Resignation for Email About 'Bullies' May Be Rejected - NBC News

My question is simple: Is reverse-racism an issue in the United States?

Racism is racism... There is no such thing as reverse racism. Racism has been around since the beginning of time and will be here long after you and I are dead.
Today there is just a reverse, of the rolls of the actors in the theater, from that just 100 years ago.

Remember. White people were held in slavery 10x's longer by black people. Ask Moses.

Now get over it and be a blind American.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Yes. Friend of mine tried to join a softball team and was told Latinos only. He started an Anglo only team and was sued for racism.

There are so many "Black Only" basket ball travel clubs. Try having a White Only, anything.
NAACP... Try having a NAAWP!! LOL.
La Raza... Try having the KKK LOL
Congressional Black Caucus... Try having a Congressional White Caucus!! LOL.

You think there isn't a racism problem? You don't have to look any farther than the prison systems and how prisoners are segregated by race.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:36 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There are so many "Black Only" basket ball travel clubs. Try having a White Only, anything.
NAACP... Try having a NAAWP!! LOL.
La Raza... Try having the KKK LOL
Congressional Black Caucus... Try having a Congressional White Caucus!! LOL.

You think there isn't a racism problem? You don't have to look any farther than the prison systems and how prisoners are segregated by race.

On the bold.

When has La Raza ever burned a cross in someone's yard or lynched someone.

Too many of you victims of "reverse racism" don't have a very good education regarding American history.

FYI - there are white people in the NAACP and there are Caucuses representing white people of the united states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies