Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 12:35 AM

5,455 posts, read 3,386,497 times

Advertisements

The “dirtiest oil in North America” is not produced in Canada, but just outside Los Angeles, where the Placerita oil field generates about twice the level of upstream emissions as Canadian oilsands production; and Crude oil from Alaska’s North Slope, which makes up about 12 per cent of California’s total crude slate, is actually “dirtier” than the Canadian dilbit known as “Access Western Blend".

How clean is our ‘dirty’ oil? You’d be surprised.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:39 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
The “dirtiest oil in North America” is not produced in Canada, but just outside Los Angeles, where the Placerita oil field generates about twice the level of upstream emissions as Canadian oilsands production; and Crude oil from Alaska’s North Slope, which makes up about 12 per cent of California’s total crude slate, is actually “dirtier” than the Canadian dilbit known as “Access Western Blend".

How clean is our ‘dirty’ oil? You’d be surprised.
12% of Californias oil output is around 24million barrels a year.
Canadian oil sands output is around 24million barrels every 2 weeks.

It's important to note scale when making comparisons.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:45 AM

21,124 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Is there a controversy over the cleanliness of crude oil that I missed?

Old 11-12-2015, 07:48 AM

412 posts, read 451,591 times
I assume this is really about Obama's killing the Keystone pipeline.

Since constructing that pipeline would have meant almost nothing in long terms gains, but would have allowed a foreign company's shell companies to use eminent domain to seize American lands from American citizens, I think it is a no brainer. The damn thing should have been killed years ago.

Shame on the Republicans for endorsing those land grabs, and shame on Obama for not denouncing them.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:58 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestArea View Post

Since constructing that pipeline would have meant almost nothing in long terms gains, but would have allowed a foreign company's shell companies to use eminent domain to seize American lands from American citizens, I think it is a no brainer. The damn thing should have been killed years ago.

Shame on the Republicans for endorsing those land grabs, and shame on Obama for not denouncing them.
Here we go again.... And shame on the American people for not actually knowing that KEYSTONE is in the ground and running. That Keystone XL was an expansion for capacity, and that everything you read in the media and hear on the TV isn't the truth....

Old 11-12-2015, 08:11 AM

412 posts, read 451,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Here we go again.... And shame on the American people for not actually knowing that KEYSTONE is in the ground and running. That Keystone XL was an expansion for capacity, and that everything you read in the media and hear on the TV isn't the truth....
Wow, talk about an over the top reaction. I used the common term and left out XL, which just about everyone does. It does not change the arguments for and against the new pipeline whatsoever.

Get a grip.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
12% of Californias oil output is around 24million barrels a year.
Canadian oil sands output is around 24million barrels every 2 weeks.

It's important to note scale when making comparisons.
What you dug up with the 24 million barrels actually worked against your intent to to rebuff.

In California, the oil output is only 24 million per yr yet produces more emissions than Canada's 576 million per year.

Please....clean up your own back yard first.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:19 AM

Quote:

Well, if it was me I would stop Alaska from piping their oil through Canada. And see how Alaska likes it.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:58 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,823 times
Oil is a natural resource. It is no different than burning trees or corn.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:14 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Wow, talk about an over the top reaction. I used the common term and left out XL, which just about everyone does. It does not change the arguments for and against the new pipeline whatsoever.

Get a grip.
Wrong, no land would have been seized. A trench would be dug, pipe laid, covered, land returned to the owner with compensation for lost crop growth.

Stop repeating the lie about a foreign company seizing private property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies