Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2015, 10:28 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
If that is indeed the case we should look at the likelyhood that we would be confronted by a mass murderer? It would be very unlikely compered to 25% of the Gay population that has attempted suicide.

You may think that I'm Homophobic but I'm not. I am equally against the 4% of the overall population that have attempted suicide from adopting also. Aren't you?
So, people who have attempted suicide should be banned from adopting. Is there any proof that either of these people have?

Did these two go through all of the same training, and home visits as other foster parents? Did these two have the same background checks as other foster parents? IF so why should they not be treated like all other foster parents?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 10:36 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
"Children living in households with unrelated adults are nearly 50 times as likely to die of inflicted injuries as children living with two biological parents, according to a study of Missouri data published in the journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics in 2005.

Children living in stepfamilies or with single parents are at higher risk of physical or sexual assault than children living with two biological or adoptive parents, according to several studies co-authored by David Finkelhor, director of the University of New Hampshire's Crimes Against Children Research Center.

Girls whose parents divorce face significantly higher risk of sexual assault, whether they live with their mother or father, according to research by Robin Wilson, a family law professor at Washington and Lee University."
Those studies are not about same sex couples raising children, it's well known that there is a relatively high incidence of sexual molestation, physical injuries and death to children in their household. And we are talking about hetero step parents here.

Here is some information on gay parents:

Research has shown that the kids of same-sex couples — both adopted and biological kids — fare no worse than the kids of straight couples on mental health, social functioning, school performance and a variety of other life-success measures. In a 2010 review of virtually every study on gay parenting, New York University sociologist Judith Stacey and University of Southern California sociologist Tim Biblarz found no differences between children raised in homes with two heterosexual parents and children raised with lesbian parents.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:48 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
Nice - so my daughter is an aberration that should be culled?
Entirely up to you.

I am just saying what nature does.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:54 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,058,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Entirely up to you.

what exactly does nature do?

Old 11-13-2015, 10:56 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,058,955 times
Quote:
Entirely up to you.

Male lions will eat the cubs of other lions when taking over a pride - should we be doing the same because "thats what nature does"?

Old 11-13-2015, 10:59 AM

1,077 posts, read 872,433 times
Quote:

PRICE, Utah – The juvenile judge who has ordered a foster child be removed
from a Utah same-sex couple’s home to be placed with a heterosexual couple now
seems to be backing down on his order.

Judge Scott Johansen canceled his decision to remove the child from the
lesbian couple’s home Friday morning.
Utah judge backs off order to remove foster child from same-sex couple’s home | fox13now.com

I believe he overstepped his bounds based on his own beliefs.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:05 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Two guys? Try reading the thread title again

lesbian: (lĕz′bē-ən) n. A woman whose sexual orientation is to women.
Two guys in Texas got a teacher fired because their little girl has no female figure in the family. So the two "guys" have decided to raise her as a boy.

Attorneys: Katy-area teacher fired for refusing to address girl, 6, as transgender boy - Houston Chronicle

Quote:
Madeline Kirksey, of Houston, who worked at the Children's Lighthouse Learning Center location on Clay Road, was fired Nov. 3 after she would not agree to treat the child as a male and call the child by a new male name, according to a copy of the filing with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

Taylor maintained the child's gender identity wasn't set in stone. He said the child continued to use the girls' bathroom. The 6-year-old also played football with the boys and, when hit hard, cried and said, "I'm really not a little boy."
Taylor likened the imposition of such a decision over gender on a child to "child abuse." At such a young age, he said, kids haven't even decided what ice cream or cereal they prefer.
The attorney praised Kirksey for standing up to protect the child from ridicule, as well as keeping the other children at the school in mind who would have been "mightily" confused.
So these two guys have this girl confused. Put her in a normal household and watch that confusion vanish. The judge is right in Utah.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:18 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Two guys in Texas got a teacher fired because their little girl has no female figure in the family. So the two "guys" have decided to raise her as a boy.

Attorneys: Katy-area teacher fired for refusing to address girl, 6, as transgender boy - Houston Chronicle

So these two guys have this girl confused. Put her in a normal household and watch that confusion vanish. The judge is right in Utah.
And here is a straight couple that did the same thing.

Parents Share 5-Year-Old Son’s Transgender Journey « CBS Boston

At 5-6 years old kids should simply be left alone to be kids, period but the point here is that there will be stupid ignorant parents whether they are gay or straight or whatever. They do not represent the whole.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:29 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
All right.... allow me to be the voice of reason here. OK, look... I understand that the natural order of things is that a child should be raised by a man and a woman, and that while homosexuality itself may not be the natural order of things, it does occur in nature. Whether gay people were born that way, (which I believe, because who would WANT to be gay if given the choice) or not, they are obviously wired differently. Now, having said that, I'd rather a child be safe, and have their needs provided for in a stable and loving home regardless of whether or not the couple is of the same sex or not. Let's face it, there are a lot of us straight folks who are irresponsible parents, and a lot of kids born out of wedlock from straight parents where either 1 or both parents are non-existent. So, as long as this child is in a loving home and all of their needs are met, where is the problem? So, we should just uproot this child from it's home thus destroying any stability in it's life, because some of you don't think that it's normal, or feel "icky" about it? We should rip the child away from it's parents, and place it in foster care, and make it an object of the state, on our taxpayer's dime? Now that is really some "it takes a village" mentality from all you so called small government folks out there! You know the thing you proclaim to be against?

I mean, what's worse people? A gay couple adopting a child, and providing it a stable, loving home, or the child being aborted, or with straight parents where 1 or both are non-existent, thus setting the kid up for a world of failure?

Old 11-13-2015, 11:31 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,520,230 times
I just read in the Washington Post that the judge has reversed his order - the couple will be allowed to keep their adopted child after all. Awesome news!

This goes to show if there's enough of a backlash to a bad call, it'll often get reversed. This is the kind of stuff that makes proud to be an American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies