Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2015, 12:33 PM

920 posts, read 931,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
wow. didn't know this part of city data was so filled with neo-con right wing religious bearded man in the sky worshiping whack jobs. some of these comments have to be jokes. if not...there's not too much intelligence going around here.
It's not nice to talk about yourself that way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 12:39 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,919,856 times
I've known 2 guys that were raised by a lesbian couple. One I've known her for over 40 years. Her son is one of the most screwed up people you'll ever meet. He has zero friends, doesn't do well in any relationship, and is a welfare leech that will amount to nothing. The other guy was as normal as anybody you've ever known. Friendly, a great dad to his 3 kids, and doesn't screw around on his wife. So I don't see where it's written in stone that a child would be damaged but I can see the judges point trying to do what is best for the kid. If I were the judge, I probably would have left them alone if the child seemed normal.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:45 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,338,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Do you have stats to back that up?
Sure, here is just one study. Took me all of 10 seconds to find it....

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0402092915.htm

Old 11-13-2015, 12:45 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,324,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Why do most lesbian couples adopt little girls and most gay couples adopt little boys? Pretty disturbing if you ask me.
I don't know because the research implies that lesbian couples prefer boys. As for gay men, quite logically, they feel that being men it would be easier for them deal with the issues of raise boys than girls. Of course using your line of thinking, it would be just as worrisome that heterosexual men, when they express a preference, prefer "little" girls... oooh scary!

Old 11-13-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
I've known 2 guys that were raised by a lesbian couple. One I've known her for over 40 years. Her son is one of the most screwed up people you'll ever meet. He has zero friends, doesn't do well in any relationship, and is a welfare leech that will amount to nothing. The other guy was as normal as anybody you've ever known. Friendly, a great dad to his 3 kids, and doesn't screw around on his wife. So I don't see where it's written in stone that a child would be damaged but I can see the judges point trying to do what is best for the kid. If I were the judge, I probably would have left them alone if the child seemed normal.
It's an infant

A man and a woman came to together to produce this child

A man and a woman need to come together to raise the child when possible. Judge knows this, we all know this.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:47 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,338,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I don't know because the research implies that lesbian couples prefer boys. As for gay men, quite logically, they feel that being men it would be easier for them deal with the issues of raise boys than girls. Of course using your line of thinking, it would be just as worrisome that heterosexual men, when they express a preference, prefer "little" girls... oooh scary!

I just posted that. Did you even READ it?

"whereas gay men most often highlighted that they felt more confident about their ability to raise and socialize boys."

Old 11-13-2015, 01:07 PM

31,027 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
So, people who have attempted suicide should be banned from adopting. Is there any proof that either of these people have?

Did these two go through all of the same training, and home visits as other foster parents? Did these two have the same background checks as other foster parents? IF so why should they not be treated like all other foster parents?
I would hope that all people who have attempted suicide should be banned from adoption. How unstable do you have to be to not adopt children?

Im fine with treating gays and straight foster parents to the same standard.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:18 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorsyGal View Post
It's an infant

A man and a woman came to together to produce this child

A man and a woman need to come together to raise the child when possible. Judge knows this, we all know this.

What happened to the heterosexual couple that conceived the child?

Oh right, they ABANDONED him. Tell me again why a man/woman is absolutely required?

Old 11-13-2015, 01:19 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Those studies are not about same sex couples raising children, it's well known that there is a relatively high incidence of sexual molestation, physical injuries and death to children in their household. And we are talking about hetero step parents here.

Here is some information on gay parents:

Research has shown that the kids of same-sex couples — both adopted and biological kids — fare no worse than the kids of straight couples on mental health, social functioning, school performance and a variety of other life-success measures. In a 2010 review of virtually every study on gay parenting, New York University sociologist Judith Stacey and University of Southern California sociologist Tim Biblarz found no differences between children raised in homes with two heterosexual parents and children raised with lesbian parents.
I believe you mistook my post as being in agreement with the poster I was responding to when in point of fact my quoted studies were to refute his position by showing exactly the bolded.

Heterosexual people in non-traditional relationships, in this case anything other than same sex such as divorces remarried, step parented, even the lowly non-biological but nevertheless hetero weekend daddy who comes for a visit, are shown to be fraught with sexual abuses of the full range to a far higher degree than these folks would like to attribute to same sex parents.

Effective nurturing of children has nothing whatsoever to do with what these folks are placing their priority upon, but rather the moral and ethical imperatives of the designated parent/s

Old 11-13-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
What happened to the heterosexual couple that conceived the child?

Oh right, they ABANDONED him. Tell me again why a man/woman is absolutely required?
Required? You'd have to ask someone else, that was not my post.

But it was required to produce the baby in the first place.

Why do you think that is so? Because it is natural order of things that a man and a woman produce a baby, that man and woman raise baby. It's quite elementary my dear
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies