Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 12:01 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,953,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
...with the admonishment that "this is real life"?

I don't need some moron on Madison Avenue telling me what's normal or real because that moron wants me to accept the fact that gay parentage is the same as heterosexual parentage.

It's a commercial. Big deal. There are way worse things to get up in arms about than this.

Quote:
Well, personally, I do nothing more than SMH and argue on messageboards. But then again, I was fortunate enough to have been raised by a married mother and father.

As was I. Well... my mom, and step-dad, and my real dad had visitation rights. But whatever. Given that there are a lot of bad straight parents, where the kid was born out of wedlock, and either 1 or both is non-existent, or worse the kid is aborted, I'd say a gay couple with adopting a child, while not the natural order of things, it beats the alternatives, no?

Old 11-13-2015, 12:04 PM

14,465 posts, read 11,238,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
It's a commercial. Big deal. There are way worse things to get up in arms about than this.
Well yeah, like the Bengals taking the AFC North.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:07 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,953,343 times
Quote:
Well yeah, like the Bengals taking the AFC North.

Nah! I had them picked to win the North. Not a fan of them either, but it beats the other 2.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:25 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,671,535 times
Quote:
Have you told your father that he could have been a woman and it wouldn't have made a lick of difference to you? That his influence as a man in your life from the moment you came home from the hospital to the moment you flew the coop meant nothing?

Or vice versa your mother?

I'm sure he'd be thrilled to know this.
They're both dead, so I can't tell them anything. They also both had emotional problems, and I frequently wished they'd divorce. If they had, I would have chosen to live with my father, hands down. His problems weren't nearly as severe as my mother's.

My mother was a christian fundie and had pretty weird views about a lot of things. I'm sure you're right, she would have been mightily outraged at the thought that a) I preferred my dad, in spite of his physical violence and agnosticism and/or b) that I think most gay people, like most straight people, are OK human beings.

My mother's emotional problems were not caused by her religion, but she sure used her religion to abuse other people, both emotionally and physically.

You'll just have to excuse my conclusion that good parenting has little or nothing to do with parental genitalia.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:43 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,521,102 times
The link is dead, so I must ask, is this the commercial with what appears to be a pair of gay men with their son and the Star Wars tie-in?

Old 11-13-2015, 12:45 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,510,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
No, this is your view that you're projecting onto everyone else. I'm a straight guy, and the commercial seems thoroughly benign to me even though I don't eat Campbells.

The fact is a solid majority in the U.S. now support full marriage equality for same-sex couples, so by definition this is now the 'normal' attitude, and there's nothing you can do.
You're one of the far left people around here so it figures you support perversion. The fact is, a solid majority in the US does NOT support homosexual marriage.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:50 PM

46,866 posts, read 25,830,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
You're one of the far left people around here so it figures you support perversion. The fact is, a solid majority in the US does NOT support homosexual marriage.
The times have changed and left you behind.

Changing Attitudes on Gay Marriage | Pew Research Center

Old 11-13-2015, 12:52 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,076,981 times
Quote:
Well, personally, I do nothing more than SMH and argue on messageboards. But then again, I was fortunate enough to have been raised by a married mother and father.
What does that have to do with who raised you? Also being raised by a married mother and father doesn't mean it is going to be a healthy home to be raised in.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:53 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,076,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The link is dead, so I must ask, is this the commercial with what appears to be a pair of gay men with their son and the Star Wars tie-in?
Yep, it is that commercial the OP is referring to. I thought it was cute, especially seeing Campbells has really jumped in on the Star Wars marketing.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:55 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,323,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The times have changed and left you behind.

Changing Attitudes on Gay Marriage | Pew Research Center
Ummm, no. 40 of 50 states did not allow gay marriage. Even here in liberal as hell California, gay marriage was shot down when put to a vote not too long ago. The Supreme Court overstepped their bounds and forced gay marriage on the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies