Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2015, 07:57 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,723,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
When do we hold the bankers to this standard?
did the teller at the local credit union receive a bunch of free money? you're painting with too broad of a brush. not sure how you're drawing a parallel from a banking institution to a bratty child. when does bratty child stop being a brat? after their phd? am I on the hook for 8-10 years of their "education?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 07:59 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama was in office for the past 7 years, why didn't he use his pen and phone to hold them accountable?
Because he is one of them.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
did the teller at the local credit union receive a bunch of free money? you're painting with too broad of a brush. not sure how you're drawing a parallel from a banking institution to a bratty child. when does bratty child stop being a brat? after their phd? am I on the hook for 8-10 years of their "education?"
Just keep talking.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Just keep talking.
you don't have to worry about that. no answers huh. is graduate school covered under the brats new law?

Old 11-15-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
you don't have to worry about that. no answers huh. is graduate school covered under the brats new law?
You tell me, you seem to know all about it.....besides...keep on talking.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:09 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,129,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
I agree with you, but we live in a world where money calls the shots. If you owe the bank $1000 and can't pay, you have a problem, if you owe the bank $10,000,000 and can't pay, now bank has a problem and needs to be bailed out by you and me.
Exactly...nothing is free. And the sooner people learn that the better.

My husband has been working in Canada recently. I love how people come on here and shout about how "free" health care in Canada is great. Well... let me tell you.... it ain't free either. The Canadians are taxed for it..... and joy joy....so was my family....even though we didn't get the benefit. Now... how much of that tax we'll get back will remain to be seen come tax time, but if last year was any indication.... I'm owed a thank you from some Canadian folks.......

Someone somewhere is paying for it..... You get that free calendar from your barber/hair stylist someone paid. Get a free pen at the bank... someone paid. Get food stamps.. someone paid. Default on your student loans..someone WILL pay. The only question is who........

Old 11-15-2015, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Exactly...nothing is free. And the sooner people learn that the better.

My husband has been working in Canada recently. I love how people come on here and shout about how "free" health care in Canada is great. Well... let me tell you.... it ain't free either. The Canadians are taxed for it..... and joy joy....so was my family....even though we didn't get the benefit. Now... how much of that tax we'll get back will remain to be seen come tax time, but if last year was any indication.... I'm owed a thank you from some Canadian folks.......

Someone somewhere is paying for it..... You get that free calendar from your barber/hair stylist someone paid. Get a free pen at the bank... someone paid. Get food stamps.. someone paid. Default on your student loans..someone WILL pay. The only question is who........
If you buy an apple and give it to me, did I get it for free?

Old 11-15-2015, 08:17 AM

58,684 posts, read 27,030,609 times
Quote:
The Fed seems to think so.....with that being the case, why shouldn't students want to get some for themselves?

There are no such things as "tax loopholes". it is all tax policy. These weren't put there by mistake. Odd that those who can earn for the next 35 years are spoiled brats for wanting their share of the money the Fed is printing but those who already have theirs aren't?
"why shouldn't students want to get some for themselves?"

Because they have NOT put ANYTHING into the pot yet.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:18 AM

33,843 posts, read 16,875,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"why shouldn't students want to get some for themselves?"

Because they have NOT put ANYTHING into the pot yet.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
You tell me, you seem to know all about it.....besides...keep on talking.
keep not answering simple questions. fyi, I am typing. do you actually dictate to voice recognition software?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies