Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 09:41 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Why can't celebrities just keep their opinions to themselves instead of alienating people? Just stick to making movies already.
At least she spoke to a human, not a chair.

ETA: Damn you, Ringo, and your fast fingers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 09:44 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
For someone who plays in movies that glorifies the killing of children that says a lot.

I too would find the Republican party more palatable than the Dems if they were Pro choice and were more ok with gay marriage.

Unfortunately for us in the middle we have the choice between the nutty Right or the Lying Left

If you want a party that is pro abortion and SSM, you have Democrats or Libertarians. The fact that you define people who value life and find redefinition of a universally understood institution, nutty, then that is on you.

And if you are honest, the elites in the GOP could care less about pro-life and SSM, just like the Dems, they are mostly liars that are focused on retaining and expanding their own political power.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:47 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I am not voting for Hilary, but does approve of the Paycheck Fairness Act
Rather, why wouldn't you insist that our current laws simply get enforced if there is a problem here as opposed to backing another law that wouldn't get enforced?

Old 11-13-2015, 09:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
One of the reasons I am a Democrat is the Republican Party of my youth is not the Republican Party of my retirement. To consider General Eisenhower and Bush the younger in the same thought is an absurdity. Today's Republican Party is an evil combination of racist ex yellow dog southern Democrats and hyper wealthy corporate thieves. The American elite Republicans love "Freedom" but despise real Democracy.

I have not decided on which Democrat I will pick for the nomination but no matter which one wins I will support them for the Presidency. I do not consider ANY of the current Republican candidates suitable for any government position even though a few have been elected.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:27 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
At least she spoke to a human, not a chair.

ETA: Damn you, Ringo, and your fast fingers!
"I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject."Clint Eastwood

Too bad this young women doesn't see a problem with both parties. One who points out one parties ills and ignores the other parties troubles, is not a balanced person. Why are Dems all about abortion, BC and non-working people? No real substance. When celebrities speak only about abortion and BC shows just how out of touch they are with working Americans.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:35 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
One of the reasons I am a Democrat is the Republican Party of my youth is not the Republican Party of my retirement. To consider General Eisenhower and Bush the younger in the same thought is an absurdity. Today's Republican Party is an evil combination of racist ex yellow dog southern Democrats and hyper wealthy corporate thieves. The American elite Republicans love "Freedom" but despise real Democracy.

I have not decided on which Democrat I will pick for the nomination but no matter which one wins I will support them for the Presidency. I do not consider ANY of the current Republican candidates suitable for any government position even though a few have been elected.

flip the coin and turn off your 1 sided bias for 1 minute.

is the Democrat Party of FDR, Truman and JFK the same as Today? hardly!

Those yellow dog southern democrats of the jim crow days are DEAD!.

Name 1 Republican policy of the present that is racist? name 1......but I can name many Democrat policies that are racist that centers around affirmative action and racial quotas and political correctness.

Funny how you mention corporate thieves when the DNC are in bed with them and you ignore the big whale in the room HILLARY CLINTON who has taken millions from corporations and SUPER PACS....a dirty politician who has made her millions while serving in the government.

but thanks for your 1 sided bias opinion of this.....its shows why democrats are very hypocritical and out of touch.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:52 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:

Why can't celebrities just keep their opinions to themselves instead of alienating people? Just stick to making movies already.
Pretty much shows us how uninformed she is. Isn't she the one who claimed she was paid less than the other male actors, and then it was discovered that based on her hourly pay she was actually paid 25% more?

This would make her an uninformed actor (go figure) who also lacks basic math skills.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:08 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
flip the coin and turn off your 1 sided bias for 1 minute.

is the Democrat Party of FDR, Truman and JFK the same as Today? hardly!

Those yellow dog southern democrats of the jim crow days are DEAD!.
Absolutely correct!

The DNC is the party of racism and intolerance, under the guise of colorblind and tolerant.

- Texas Dem lawmaker who called Republicans “white people and other a$#holes” has received support from the national party to continue the offensive rants.

Why did hard line racists and segregationist politicians like Byrd, Wallace, and even LBJ stay in the party? The people who cheer purely racist idiots like Grayson, Waters, Reid (you can smell them coming), Clinton saying Mahatma Ghandi who "ran a gas station St Louis" (total idiot)), Al Sharpton, and even Clinton who stated that "just a few years ago this guy (Obama) would be getting us coffee"... and they have the gaul to say that it is Conservatives who are the problem?

Really GregW?

This is why you choose to be a Dem?

I agree, the two parties are entirely screwed up now. But saying you are a dem because the rep's have changed is like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. It's just another excuse (go figure) and a poor one at that.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:21 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:

I don't care what any celebrity thinks about any issue at all, ever. Their opinions mean NOTHING to me. Entertain me on TV or in films, then GTFO.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:22 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:

In One Quote, Jennifer Lawrence Sums Up Why She'll Never Be a Republican
Who?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies