Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2015, 11:57 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Religion is the problem. Don't "pray" for Paris.
ONE religion is the problem. The others should pray.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 11:59 AM

4,795 posts, read 2,797,347 times
Default It's not algebra, after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
For what purpose? You trying to draw a false equivalency? Islamic terror is currently happening and has for millenniums.
From 620CE, more or less? I make that 1500 years, almost. So not quite 1.5 millennia.

Old 11-14-2015, 12:00 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Anyone who thinks this won't happen again in America is a fool. Anyone who thinks obambo will protect America and do what needs to be done is a damn fool.
I would hope that people realize that no one can protect us against terror attacks. Yes they will happen again and again on our soil and elsewhere around the world. No one can stop it. All they know is hate and killing and they will go on hating and killing no matter what we or our leaders do.

Old 11-14-2015, 12:08 PM

989 posts, read 1,876,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blunt Conservative View Post
Just thought I'd throw in some interesting stats for all of our determined Muslim apologists

26% of young Muslims in America believe suicide bombings are justified.
35% of young Muslims in Britain believe suicide bombings are justified (24% overall).
42% of young Muslims in France believe suicide bombings are justified (35% overall).
22% of young Muslims in Germany believe suicide bombings are justified.(13% overall).
29% of young Muslims in Spain believe suicide bombings are justified.(25% overall).
http://www.pewresearch.org/files/old...ns.pdf#page=60
Thanks for taking the time to post this link. Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and we all have at least one brain-dead progressive with so called good intentions family member who just doesn't get it. Make sure you kindly remind them at the Thanksgiving table about this not so nice reality the next time they start lecturing you about tolerance and inclusion. Maybe they'll finally get it, but I won't hold my breath.

Old 11-14-2015, 12:10 PM

42 posts, read 27,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I would hope that people realize that no one can protect us against terror attacks. Yes they will happen again and again on our soil and elsewhere around the world. No one can stop it. All they know is hate and killing and they will go on hating and killing no matter what we or our leaders do.
This is a bit ridiculous and defeatist, to say the least. I think not letting in millions of Muslims who hate the Western world would be a great start. You know, actually protecting our borders, like almost every other country is allowed to do? I won't hold my breath, we racist whites don't deserve that privilege.

Old 11-14-2015, 12:14 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
That's an incredible attitude of bending over because they'll never stop. When we left Iraq, with our arrogant leader broadcasting the dates, we created a massive vacuum. The uninformed were warned about the way this would play out, and they denied it all the way. Well... HERE WE ARE, and WE WERE CORRECT!

How those same deniers who said everything would be fine and dandy, can come in here and tout how we're still wrong... even in the face of the facts, is beyond me. So, who are the true idiots in this room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blunt Conservative View Post
Just thought I'd throw in some interesting stats for all of our determined Muslim apologists

26% of young Muslims in America believe suicide bombings are justified.
35% of young Muslims in Britain believe suicide bombings are justified (24% overall).
42% of young Muslims in France believe suicide bombings are justified (35% overall).
22% of young Muslims in Germany believe suicide bombings are justified.(13% overall).
29% of young Muslims in Spain believe suicide bombings are justified.(25% overall).
http://www.pewresearch.org/files/old...ns.pdf#page=60
I'd say those stats are actually a bit low. Your FACTS will also go entirely ignored, because the people you are trying to enlighten only care about forwarding what they believe, not the truth.

It wasn't more than an hour before Muslims all over the globe were dancing in the streets last night.
Tweets From Muslims Celebrate Paris Terror | The Daily Caller
IS Supporters Use Social Media to Celebrate Paris Attacks
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/15/wo...cles.html?_r=0

The religion of peace is based on hate. Just like the new term for regression is progressive. What these people say, and what they do, are two entirely different things. Unlike Jews and Christians, they are taught that lying is just fine as long as the lies perpetuate their religion.

...and for all of you apologists who were making claims that this attack had nothing to do with the Syrian refugees:

Syrian passport found near body of Paris attacker belonged to migrant processed through Greek island, says Greek government.

It took less than a month for our warning that Europe would have major problems by opening their borders. These same people jumped in to refute such warnings then, and now jump in here to refute the facts yet again.

Is there something about being completely wrong that you people gravitate towards?

Last edited by steven_h; 11-14-2015 at 12:22 PM..

Old 11-14-2015, 12:14 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I'll get blasted for this but in wake of these horrible attacks in Paris what wrong with the French making announcements to innocent civilians in ISIS held territory to get the hell out---give them a month to pack their bags---and then without warning once the area is cleared dropping neutron bombs and wiping ISIS out like radiating cockroaches?
That's a brilliant plan. Except for the bit about announcing a month ahead of time and then nuking without warning. And the part that relies on ISIS not walking out among the innocent civilians.

Let me share a bit of wisdom that was handed down to me as I tried for that 3rd stripe: "If your plan is based on enemy cooperation, it's a bad plan."

Old 11-14-2015, 12:15 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
I want to apologize for putting a number in my posts. I knew things would change. So the number of 140 dead, that I heard, on many news outlets is wrong. 129 and many in critical condition.

I think as the days go by, information will also change. Even though I got those numbers from news anchors, I am sorry for repeating the wrong numbers.

The numbers really don't matter, because the intent of what was done is evident, and horrendous.

A friend I just talked too, said to me Paris now, what city tomorrow will also see this violence. Because the intent is more then evident, of what these idiots really want. Can we really be trusting! this is what he said too me.

Last edited by california-jewel; 11-14-2015 at 12:24 PM..

Old 11-14-2015, 12:18 PM

41 posts, read 47,326 times
If the US wanted to stop ISIS, they'd send help to Assad's regime, instead of actively trying to weaken it. This is all big politics and so far only the 'pawns' are being eaten.

Old 11-14-2015, 12:20 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times
Sarcastically Speaking, I thought we were there to liberate them and spread freedom and democracy?

Ok then, how do you propose we extract oil and resources from their irradiated lands?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies