Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2015, 08:14 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times

Advertisements

Oh hell, sorry my rear end!

He's one of them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 08:15 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Presidents have writers-blame them.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:17 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Presidents have writers-blame them.
So shouldn't presidents proof any of the idiocy before reading it out loud for millions to hear?

Old 11-16-2015, 08:20 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
In 2004, the iraqis wanted us to leave - USATODAY.com - Poll: Iraqis out of patience

In 2006, the iraqis wanted us to leave - Most Iraqis Favor Immediate U.S. Pullout, Polls Show

In 2007, the iraqis wanted us to leave - BBC NEWS | Middle East | Most people 'want Iraq pull-out'

In 2008, the iraqis wanted us to leave - Iraqi Public Opinion on the Presence of US Troops - World Public Opinion

In 2010, the iraqis wanted us to leave - Iraqi Prime Minister Says U.S. Forces Must Leave On Time - WSJ

In 2011, the iraqis wanted us to leave - U.S. Troops Are Leaving Because Iraq Doesn't Want Them There - The Atlantic

Obama wanted to leave troops in iraq, but iraqis refused - Obama wanted to keep 10,000 troops in Iraq, ABC's Raddatz claims | PunditFact

How did you miss all this?
There is no point . The people wanted us gone. Big deal. If there leader made a deal for us to stay, he would have had problems, but nothing compared to ISIL/ISIS.
If Obama wanted troops to stay, he should have kept them there and told their leader we were. We are that powerful.. You know that, right. Obama chose to leave even with his advisors told him so..
Regardless, beleive the media hype all you want. When you go to these countrys, and are a Military Officer, you understand how important a leader is to establish and commit to a SOF. Iraqs leader was weak, ours was weaker.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:24 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
... to learn of the Paris murders.

That bothers me. You're heartbroken when your wife, daughter, close friend lets you down.

WTF?

Its one thing to have a do-nothing president or one who refuses to say "Islamic terrorism."

It's another when he feels heartbroken.

I take it to mean "his boys went off the reservation." (no native American slur intended)

And he's feelin' bad.

he is only heartbroken that it hurts him politically only.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:26 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
... to learn of the Paris murders.

That bothers me. You're heartbroken when your wife, daughter, close friend lets you down.

WTF?

Its one thing to have a do-nothing president or one who refuses to say "Islamic terrorism."

It's another when he feels heartbroken.

I take it to mean "his boys went off the reservation." (no native American slur intended)

And he's feelin' bad.
He's already over it.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:28 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,546,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Republicans, for the most part, were firmly behind President Bush, until he was out of office. Hillary & Barack, are Corporate Democrats, which makes them about as much left, as Romney.

Remember I voted for Nixon, Reagan and GWBush.

And from my previous post
"If there was something (in this conversation) to criticize the current president, we would".

We are talking about US troops being pulled out of Iraq, nothing else.
You claimed Obama did, I proved that the outcome was determined before he entered office.

These are the presidents fault?
All these things will magically go away with someone else in the White House?

Nobody has been given amnesty.
You can blame the repubs & dems in congress for turning immigration reform into a political football.

There is a lot to criticize Obama over, but just not the usual whine list.
And lumping things that are not part of this conversation and throwing in issues that a American president cannot control is completely expected.
When you are losing, it's time for a Hail Mary........

The price of gas is up - it's Obama's fault.
The price of gas is down - Crickets
The stock market is tanking - It's Obama's fault.
The stock market has record highs - Crickets
Unemployment Up - Obama's fault
Unemployment down - Crickets
Very sound points. Unfortunately, we (Americans) are so polarized and quick to jump on respective liberal and conservative bandwagons that any sort of meeting in the middle to discuss moving forward isn't happening. Even Paul Ryan has said so - we've got *real* threats and issues that require us working with the WH. Stalling the government doesn't address anything.

The bottom line is we killed Saddam (a bad guy) and a very bad entity took his place (ISIS). Right now "it is what it is...". Smart people (and I believe there are a few of those in Washington) understand that defeating an ideology is a generational fight. It won't happen over night. ISIS (or whatever they want to call themselves today, and it will be something different in 5 years) hates the West - how do we deal with that a minimize their impact on our lives. I said minimize because it's not a matter of if, it's when. The west is at war with an ideology and there will be targets they will eventually hit. The saying "they can attack a million times, they just need to hit once". No one remembers the million thwarted attempts.

How can we unify to stop this ideology and stop the internal bickering of pointing fingers back and forth? Really that is our biggest hurdle to over come in order to begin to effectively deal with this war.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:30 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
I can't believe you people are complaining because the president said he was heart-broken over the slaughter that took place in France! There is nothing, NOTHING that HE could have said that will pass your hate-infested Litmus Test. If you were president, what exactly would you have said to the citizens of France? I really want to know.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:32 AM

64 posts, read 40,985 times
Obama is a Muslim sympathizer. Nothing more to say, he is a liar and a threat to America.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:33 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Wow, a bunch of angry right wingers here blathering on about a word. You guys are a hoot.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, Google the words heartbroken and Paris and be amazed at how many people across the globe are using that very word in connection with that attack! My, my! Such a scandal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies