Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 05:56 AM

58,666 posts, read 26,998,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Really?? I don't see anyone being voted out. Nor do I see anyone being impeached either... the last two presidents should be impeached. NOW! .
Yes REALLY. How old are you? Your lack of knowledge about the number of politicians voted out over the past 5 years is ASTOUNDING.

I guess you missed the repubs taking back the house in the LARGEST turnover in 100 years.

The DEM Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschele was voted out of office.

How could a man in such a powerful position in the party loose his seat? The PEOPLE of that state VOTED HIM OUT.

More state legislatures turned party in the largest turnover in years.

1 example, the dems controlled the N.C state legislature for 100 UNINTERRUPTED YEARS until the PEOPLE of N.C. VOTED THEM OUT and now the repubs control it.

The sitting Gov. of N.C REFUSED to run for a 2nd term BECAUSE she KNEW she could NOT win. She was right, a repub was elected Gov.

How did that happen you say. The VOTERS spoke LOUDLY and VOTED OUT the people they didn't want.

" the last two presidents should be impeached. NOW"

AGAIN, your lack of knowledge is ASTOUNDING.

It take 60 SENATORS to get a president impeached.

The reality is that the dems will NEVER impeach a dem Pres. they didn't vote to impeach Clinton and they will NEVER vote to impeach Obama.

If the people of a particular state DON'T like what their elected representatives do, THEY vote them out.

You might want to do some research on incumbents being voted out of office BEFORE making ignorant statements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 08:07 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,463,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Yes REALLY. How old are you? Your lack of knowledge about the number of politicians voted out over the past 5 years is ASTOUNDING.

I guess you missed the repubs taking back the house in the LARGEST turnover in 100 years.

The DEM Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschele was voted out of office.

How could a man in such a powerful position in the party loose his seat? The PEOPLE of that state VOTED HIM OUT
More state legislatures turned party in the largest turnover in years.

1 example, the dems controlled the N.C state legislature for 100 UNINTERRUPTED YEARS until the PEOPLE of N.C. VOTED THEM OUT and now the repubs control it.

The sitting Gov. of N.C REFUSED to run for a 2nd term BECAUSE she KNEW she could NOT win. She was right, a repub was elected Gov.

How did that happen you say. The VOTERS spoke LOUDLY and VOTED OUT the people they didn't want.

" the last two presidents should be impeached. NOW"

AGAIN, your lack of knowledge is ASTOUNDING.

It take 60 SENATORS to get a president impeached.

The reality is that the dems will NEVER impeach a dem Pres. they didn't vote to impeach Clinton and they will NEVER vote to impeach Obama.

If the people of a particular state DON'T like what their elected representatives do, THEY vote them out.

You might want to do some research on incumbents being voted out of office BEFORE making ignorant statements.

I don't see Bush getting impeached either.. As far as the rest of your post goes, those were scapegoats. Let's get all of them out.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:14 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,668,849 times
I vote for local issues like tax levys, school district things, and city government. But I find voting for the president rather useless. The candidates always have negative qualities. The libertarian candidates are usually the best (for me), but they will never win, so it's pointless. No way am I voting for the "least worst" candidate.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:34 AM

9,871 posts, read 7,625,621 times
Voting for the last 10 year's. Only has the chance to vote in two presidential elections. I have been voting Republican for our next President. However, doesn't matter if the Rep. Candiate wins in our state our Electoral College is all blue and blue wins the state.

Voting is a crock and a sham.

Need to get rid of the Electoral College only utilize the people's votes. Use Electoral only if a tie.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:36 AM

58,666 posts, read 26,998,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I don't see Bush getting impeached either.. As far as the rest of your post goes, those were scapegoats. Let's get all of them out.
"I don't see Bush getting impeached either." Because he did NOT do anything impeachable.

"As far as the rest of your post goes, those were scapegoats."
I am glad I don't live in your cynical world.

"Let's get all of them out." OK, then what?

Old 11-15-2015, 08:38 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,720,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
if everyone thought like the OP...

well, you know.

people who don't vote IMO have no right complain
so if you don't vote, you give up freedom of speech? gotcha.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:41 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,920,056 times
Here's my take on voting.

I live in a non-swing state that for the time being is solidly Republican in national elections. The state is also a closed primary state.

I pick the primary I care more about and register to that party. In the general election it doesn't matter how I vote, the electoral votes from AZ will go R regardless of what I do so voting D is a waste and voting R is just affirming the inevitable.

Vote 3rd party to the highest polling candidate, likely Gary Johnson this year. The higher they poll the more funding they'll get in the next go around if they can break 15 in 3 polls they'll get a spot on the debate stage helping to break up this D v. R system we have.

If you don't live in a swing state your vote doesn't really matter.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:43 AM

9,871 posts, read 7,625,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Here's my take on voting.

I live in a non-swing state that for the time being is solidly Republican in national elections. The state is also a closed primary state.

I pick the primary I care more about and register to that party. In the general election it doesn't matter how I vote, the electoral votes from AZ will go R regardless of what I do so voting D is a waste and voting R is just affirming the inevitable.

Vote 3rd party to the highest polling candidate, likely Gary Johnson this year. The higher they poll the more funding they'll get in the next go around if they can break 15 in 3 polls they'll get a spot on the debate stage helping to break up this D v. R system we have.

If you don't live in a swing state your vote doesn't really matter.
Thinking Jill Stein will get the nod for the green party.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:28 AM

2,761 posts, read 3,415,116 times
If I don't vote and avoid Jury Duty, can I be excused from paying taxes ?

Old 11-15-2015, 10:44 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,391,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
If I don't vote and avoid Jury Duty, can I be excused from paying taxes ?
No, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies