Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 01:12 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,354,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Your view of how the world functions is either very naive or very disturbing....so I think I am gonna stop talking to you and add you to my ignore button.....
Interesting and telling reaction...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 06:58 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Interesting, how exactly do I represent an extreme?
Here is how you represent an extreme:

Contract: a binding agreement between two or more persons or parties; especially one legally enforceable

Contract | Definition of contract by Merriam-Webster

Merriam-Webster

You are a statist. That means you believe immediately and automatically at birth a person enters into a contract with an involuntary state.

I equate this to an adult sleepwalking into a designated area (exiting the birth canal) and immediately entering into a contract with a random entity...not even knowing the entity or being cognitively capable of agreeing to anything.

It's the exact same thing. EXACT.

Yet I'm sure you would argue that the sleepwalker can't enter into the contract.

To the statist, 99.9% of all contracts must be made between two or more parties with the cognitive abilities to agree to terms either verbally or thru written word.

The lone exception is birth...where a human magically agrees to terms.

This inconsistency is so logically flawed it qualifies as insanity.

So chill out. You refuse to interact with non-voters in terms of politics. Hey, at least I have the cognitive ability to read and check a ballot. I just CHOOSE not to.

Try being a non-statist. Everyday we deal with people like you who believe a baby fresh out of the birthing canal has agreed to not loiter, not catch a fish without a piece of paper, not operate a vehicle for another 16 years, etc.

Quite frankly, I'd say it should be us shunning you.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:34 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
I am dumbfounded by the idea that people TRUST anyone in ANY office. This country is going down fast & the solution seems to be keep putting these idiots into office.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:32 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,354,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I am dumbfounded by the idea that people TRUST anyone in ANY office. This country is going down fast & the solution seems to be keep putting these idiots into office.
I'm sure you support having a state to some degree, but I think you can see part of the reason that people like me and No_Recess are against it altogether. We imagine a society without these sociopaths, and we're called utopian or naĂŻve. It doesn't occur to people like urbanlife78 that THEIR ideas are the utopian ones?

Let's keep doing what people have tried for centuries or more, putting a select few in charge of everyone else, and hope that they don't completely screw up society. Maybe the thousandth time it'll work...

Power corrupts. You can't just pick people to make the world as you wish it was. Society has to do that itself, through the actions of individual people. People want this big powerful system in place to only do good, and then they're surprised when it turns around and stomps on them. That is naĂŻve, and it's preventable. Luckily there are people out there waking up.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:53 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Here is how you represent an extreme:

Contract: a binding agreement between two or more persons or parties; especially one legally enforceable

Contract | Definition of contract by Merriam-Webster

Merriam-Webster

You are a statist. That means you believe immediately and automatically at birth a person enters into a contract with an involuntary state.

I equate this to an adult sleepwalking into a designated area (exiting the birth canal) and immediately entering into a contract with a random entity...not even knowing the entity or being cognitively capable of agreeing to anything.

It's the exact same thing. EXACT.

Yet I'm sure you would argue that the sleepwalker can't enter into the contract.

To the statist, 99.9% of all contracts must be made between two or more parties with the cognitive abilities to agree to terms either verbally or thru written word.

The lone exception is birth...where a human magically agrees to terms.

This inconsistency is so logically flawed it qualifies as insanity.

So chill out. You refuse to interact with non-voters in terms of politics. Hey, at least I have the cognitive ability to read and check a ballot. I just CHOOSE not to.

Try being a non-statist. Everyday we deal with people like you who believe a baby fresh out of the birthing canal has agreed to not loiter, not catch a fish without a piece of paper, not operate a vehicle for another 16 years, etc.

Quite frankly, I'd say it should be us shunning you.
Ah, so because I believe in birthright, then I must be an "extreme." Sorry you don't like being an American, but that isn't really my problem. And last time I checked, you are free to leave this country if you want to. Why do you CHOOSE to stay in the US as an American?

Old 11-15-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Ah, so because I believe in birthright, then I must be an "extreme." Sorry you don't like being an American, but that isn't really my problem. And last time I checked, you are free to leave this country if you want to. Why do you CHOOSE to stay in the US as an American?
And here the logical inconsistency persists which, once again, can be labeled as insane.

Because I don't believe I entered into a contract at birth with one specific entity the burden is on me to disassociate myself from said fictional contract?

Really? I mean...really?

I tell you what: Please renounce the following contract I've placed you under -

urbanlife78 will pay No_Recess $1 per day until one or both parties dies.

Renounce it. Or else I'll fine you, imprison you, or sentence you to death as i see fit just as the state does.

And here is the kicker: by renouncing this ridiculous proclamation made by me you are in fact legitimizing my authority to do such a thing.

Logical inconsistencies such as the statist paradigm require suspending your rational thought on a myriad of levels. It's so perverse in how systematically flawed it is it truly can be labeled insane.

EDIT: BTW...you owe me a dollar

Last edited by No_Recess; 11-15-2015 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: urbanlife78 owes me a dollar

Old 11-15-2015, 09:41 PM

Quote:
And here the logical inconsistency persists which, once again, can be labeled as insane.

Because I don't believe I entered into a contract at birth with one specific entity the burden is on me to disassociate myself from said fictional contract?

Really? I mean...really?

I tell you what: Please renounce the following contract I've placed you under -

urbanlife78 will pay No_Recess $1 per day until one or both parties dies.

Renounce it. Or else I'll fine you, imprison you, or sentence you to death as i see fit just as the state does.

And here is the kicker: by renouncing this ridiculous proclamation made by me you are in fact legitimizing my authority to do such a thing.

Logical inconsistencies such as the statist paradigm require suspending your rational thought on a myriad of levels. It's so perverse in how systematically flawed it is it truly can be labeled insane.
Ah, so you thinks you aren't an US Citizen, I take it you don't have anything like a driver's license or US passport either....

Old 11-15-2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Ah, so you thinks you aren't an US Citizen, I take it you don't have anything like a driver's license or US passport either....
Logical inconsistency #89577764:

Because the non-statist may act in accordance with a policy/procedure/social norm that exists within the state he/she consents to being a subject of the entity.

I just breathed EPA regulated air. I must be a willing subject of the state.

I didn't murder anyone today. Fish without a license. Run a stop sign. I must be a willing subject of the state.

The burden of disassociation falls on me...the party who magically entered into the contract at birth.

Yep, insanity ensues.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Logical inconsistency #89577764:

Because the non-statist may act in accordance with a policy/procedure/social norm that exists within the state he/she consents to being a subject of the entity.

I just breathed EPA regulated air. I must be a willing subject of the state.

I didn't murder anyone today. Fish without a license. Run a stop sign. I must be a willing subject of the state.

The burden of disassociation falls on me...the party who magically entered into the contract at birth.

Yep, insanity ensues.
Ah, so basically you are a registered US Citizen, but you believe you aren't an actual citizen, but receive the conveniences of being a citizen. Sounds like to me you are all talk and ZERO action.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Ah, so basically you are a registered US Citizen, but you believe you aren't an actual citizen, but receive the conveniences of being a citizen. Sounds like to me you are all talk and ZERO action.
Zero action?

What should I do? Renounce a contract I never agreed to (you still owe me a dollar btw)?

What conveniences? Traffic regulations work well? I receive mail? These things go on if I participate or not.

I'm not the fictional entity in this paradigm. The contract (thus the state) is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies