Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 03:02 PM

241 posts, read 189,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Some white males have benefited because they wielded power ruthlessly.

The remainder is a modern construct extrapolated to a past where those contemporaries would have not comprehended what you are referring to as it would be alien to their world. Probably whip you to get back to your labors as well. Or enter you sexually if you are comely female.
I wasn't talking about females, was I? I was talking about white men. There is no doubt that the high standard of living they enjoyed wouldn't have been possible without the Native American's vast land, the resources extracted from 3rd world countries, the African's slave labor, the rest of the developed world bend decimated after WWII, our brave soldiers defending our freedoms all over the world, and successful employers creating opportunities through their hard work and risk-taking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 03:07 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,839,139 times
I responded to your post and you failed to note that.

History 101. The world as we know it and benefit from was made by Conquest. Too bad if that does not fit your guilty conscience.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:13 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Well, so far we've had answers of

* 570 AD
* 1960s

I might be missing a few.

Looks like we should all just jump off a cliff.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
The world as we know it and benefit from was made by Conquest.
That doesn't make it right.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:15 PM

Life is not fair.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Life is not fair.
No it's not, but we can try to make it as fair as possible for all races/genders. Only in recent decades have we started to do that through programs like Affirmative Action and Title IX. But a lot more could be done to help minorities and women in this country.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:31 PM

No. Because life is still life and there will always be haves/have nots, the motivated and the unmotivated. I worked for mine and sacrificed for it. I do not intend to share to someone else who has not. Something free is not appreciated. You earn it you appreciate it. I never had an entitled attitude. I could as well.

That is the barrier between you and me. You have guilt I do not. I benefit immensely and appreciate everything those who came before me have done.

If you want to do as you say then go to it in your personal life. Be your own Bright Shining Example. But do not force your beliefs on others. I pay enough taxes for those who do not.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:33 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It all started in the 1960's when communist were allowed to spread their influence.
That's OK ..... the McCarthyism of the Fifties is alive and well on our campuses and in our media.

But it's the Lefties who have adopted those tactics and are seeking to stifle free speech and persecute their opposition under the banner of Political Correctness.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
No. Because life is still life and there will always be haves/have nots, the motivated and the unmotivated. I worked for mine and sacrificed for it. I do not intend to share to someone else who has not. Something free is not appreciated. You earn it you appreciate it. I never had an entitled attitude. I could as well.

That is the barrier between you and me. You have guilt I do not. I benefit immensely and appreciate everything those who came before me have done.

If you want to do as you say then go to it in your personal life. Be your own Bright Shining Example. But do not force your beliefs on others. I pay enough taxes for those who do not.
I have also worked for everything I own, but also realize that not all people have the same opportunities as I had. My life could have been very different if I were born a minority or a woman. Realizing this, I have no problem with giving a leg-up to minorities and women who faced historical oppression at the hands of the white man. I would much rather have my tax dollars support them than go towards young, privileged white men who are too lazy to work and represent the REAL entitled class in this country!

Old 11-14-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earn Your Own Keep View Post
I have also worked for everything I own, but also realize that not all people have the same opportunities as I had. My life could have been very different if I were born a minority or a woman. Realizing this, I have no problem with giving a leg-up to minorities and women who faced historical oppression at the hands of the white man. I would much rather have my tax dollars support them than go towards young, privileged white men who are too lazy to work and represent the REAL entitled class in this country!
Good. Live it then.

If I help someone it is because I have known them and they earned it. Not because their ancestors were treated as biological machines as most humans tended to be.

I am labeled a Minority but in the USA of my youth I was just an American. I prefer that as it does not create divisions within the country. Which is what you beliefs as detailed above will do and has done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies