Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2015, 11:11 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,473,186 times

Advertisements

Few knew and no one cared. I bet the ratings were dismal at best, which should tell you what the Democrat voter turnout will look like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 11:18 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,446,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Well no. I saw an interview of Ben Carson. They could have talked about the debate instead of that interview. So your point is disproved.

Nobody cares because there is no debate. King Hillary will be nominated due to Super Delegates overriding any competitive vote. The others might as well pull out now. There is no point. Maybe they are simply there as plants to make The King look competitive instead of being selected Soviet style.
Super Delegates can change. Just because someone voices their support for Hillary now doesn't mean they will actually e a Delegate for her. The Super Delegates make up about 15% of the total delegates for both the GOP and Democratic delegates (a tick higher for the GOP). 14.97% of the overall Democratic delegate count come from unpledged or "Super Delegates", that amount is 15.05% for the GOP.

Last edited by Smash255; 11-15-2015 at 11:36 AM..

Old 11-15-2015, 11:34 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,749,142 times
My husband turned on for five minutes then I couldn't take it any more and turned off. Yawn!

Old 11-15-2015, 11:42 AM

3,325 posts, read 1,959,538 times
Default putting lipstick on the three little pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The camera man for this debate needs to be fired, what is the point of changing angle halfway through every sentence ??????
The angle of the shot is determined in the control booth, and clearly the a hole "calling the shots" was trying to frame these 3 doddering old fools in a dramatic way in order to make them seem less irrelevant. It didn't work.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:45 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You must be new to C-D, or at least to the P&OC forums, if you have to ask this question. It seems that's a concept that most of our conservative friends here can't grasp.
You must be new to debates or a politician in training who fails to answer the simple question that much is within our grasp.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:50 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
You must be new to debates or a politician in training who fails to answer the simple question that much is within our grasp.
Actually, your grasp is weak. I did answer it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Why would you think no one understands this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS
It seems that's a concept that most of our conservative friends here can't grasp.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:51 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,940,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, please! And I suppose you think that is what is driving ISIS? You really believe such nonsense??? OMG, we are in real trouble if our so-called "leaders" actually believe this garbage (and I have heard some make these ridiculous statements before).

But, this doesn't explain why Muslims have been doing this since the founding of Islam in the 7th century A.D. I don't think anyone had heard of "climate change," a.k.a. "global warming" back then.
You do realize that there can be more than one threat don't you? Climate change is a global threat and ISIS is a global threat. But putting things in perspective, the global threat of Nazi Germany in 1940 was far more threatening than ISIS now, yet, somehow, the rest of the world defeated Germany, which was the strongest world military power in 1940.

Getting conservatives to even admit climate change is a problem is a more daunting task.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:51 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Super Delegates can change. Just because someone voices their support for Hillary now doesn't mean they will actually e a Delegate for her. The Super Delegates make up about 15% of the total delegates for both the GOP and Democratic delegates (a tick higher for the GOP). 14.97% of the overall Democratic delegate count come from unpledged or "Super Delegates", that amount is 15.05% for the GOP.
They serve no purpose except to insure the "preferred" candidate will be nominated no matter what the people vote. Furthermore pledging to a candidate before the vote even starts places a huge handicap on the other candidates.

The entire process is a farce.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:58 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,446,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They serve no purpose except to insure the "preferred" candidate will be nominated no matter what the people vote. Furthermore pledging to a candidate before the vote even starts places a huge handicap on the other candidates.

The entire process is a farce.
Someone pledging their support for one candidate doesn't mean that it will wind up being the case. I'm not saying I agree with the Superdelegates or their impact, however when it comes down to it they make up about 15% on each side and they can change. The Superdelegates haven't changed the nominee.

Old 11-15-2015, 12:03 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Someone pledging their support for one candidate doesn't mean that it will wind up being the case. I'm not saying I agree with the Superdelegates or their impact, however when it comes down to it they make up about 15% on each side and they can change. The Superdelegates haven't changed the nominee.
They did in 2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies