Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does This Attack put a Dent in Obama's Gun Control Agenda?
Yes 46 67.65%
No 22 32.35%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 05:29 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Thanks for waking us sleepy Americans. We just didn't know that there are jihadists out there. Your argument is that even the best efforts at prevention will fail sometimes and even the best intelligence will let this fairly elaborate plot go undetected and in that case, citizens will go against these guys who have bombs and AK-47s with their pistols.

In the real world, nothing about the story so far suggests that it should fundamentally change how we see the world.

Fortunately, these terrorist acts are rare. In th.e meantime tens of thousands of Americans are killed by handguns every year. So, of course, we should get more guns in the hands of people to protect against these rare events.

I think the best way to get conservatives to stop their gun fetish is to publish the new research about the linkage between gun owners and being gay.
Of the 30,000 gun deaths every year 60% are suicides. There are around 800 accidents. And of the 11 or 12 thousand mmurders 80 to 90 percent of that is black on black gang/drug crime. So for the few thousand non black murders and accidents there are tens of millions of guns that are used properly.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:18 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,473,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Of the 30,000 gun deaths every year 60% are suicides. There are around 800 accidents. And of the 11 or 12 thousand mmurders 80 to 90 percent of that is black on black gang/drug crime. So for the few thousand non black murders and accidents there are tens of millions of guns that are used properly.
To add, the rate of negative use (if every individual negatively effected had a different gun used against them) would be, in total (inclusive of accidents/suicides/crime): ~0.086%. Find me any modern drug, prescription or OTC, that has that has that rate and I'll be interested.

If anyone hasn't watched yet, check out the video released today from the French Cafe. The terrorist presented a full frontal profile from 15ft or so away from where people had dove for cover. An easy shot for most regular shooters (good guys).

Old 11-19-2015, 05:35 AM

285 posts, read 176,721 times
The American outlook towards gun control will probably never change, so what Obama says on the issue won't matter that much. As for the rest of the world, the Second Amendment is a complete turd that no one wants – and rightfully so.

Old 11-19-2015, 05:47 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre
With Americans now more conscious of the dangers of the world, will it put a dent in Obama's gun control agenda?
No it helps it!!!

This was all planned MONTHS AGO.... Its all a game.... PART OF THE NWO!!

Already more mass Surveillance laws are in effect already!!! (Most only in paris right now)

Old 11-19-2015, 06:06 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
The french are looking for weapons now to protect themselves, even if it is illegal in France, to carry a handgun.....

Sales are up and the black market is fast & furious over there..........

Old 11-19-2015, 11:23 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
When I speak bout gun control with many of my Liberal friends they tell me their greatest fear is they might have to kill someone and they do not want to carry a gun because of that. Some express that they would rather be shot and possibly killed because they are unarmed. I then ask them about protecting their children. The response, mostly by the women, is very different. It is fierce by any standard. So I comment that they are really wiling to kill another person but only to save the kids. I then comment that everyone has a price. They are not very happy with that realization.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:53 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
When I speak bout gun control with many of my Liberal friends they tell me their greatest fear is they might have to kill someone and they do not want to carry a gun because of that. Some express that they would rather be shot and possibly killed because they are unarmed. I then ask them about protecting their children. The response, mostly by the women, is very different. It is fierce by any standard. So I comment that they are really wiling to kill another person but only to save the kids. I then comment that everyone has a price. They are not very happy with that realization.

No logical person WANTS to shoot and kill someone. I'll be the first to say that I hope I never have to do it. However; I will protect myself and my family if the need were ever to arise. That is not up for negotiation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies