Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 07:09 PM

860 posts, read 1,193,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
That's exactly how they want you to think so you support more war.
My last post on this subject. My stepdaughter disagrees with me. She is an immigrant that has impressed me. She works 3 jobs and goes to college at the same time. She has been at the top of her class since she was in kindergarten. She is so proud to be an American, and she wants others to have that opportunity. My job is to keep her safe.

Old 11-21-2015, 08:33 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norb123 View Post
My last post on this subject. My stepdaughter disagrees with me. She is an immigrant that has impressed me. She works 3 jobs and goes to college at the same time. She has been at the top of her class since she was in kindergarten. She is so proud to be an American, and she wants others to have that opportunity. My job is to keep her safe.
Safe from who?

Old 11-21-2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Safe from who?
Annie, I'm done with this subject. I will say that our thoughts on this situation are closer than you think. Re read my posts. I'm not anti Muslim. Just concerned about the process of how these people are brought here.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:04 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,860,270 times
Not sure what to thank, but if this bankrupt country is going to feed, house and help 100,000 people how bout we start with our own veterans, I'm just saying? Why Obama wan't interested in helping the Christen refugee's of which 100's of 1,000's were slaughtered? Just a thought. Funny how the media spins thangs.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Annie, I'm done with this subject. I will say that our thoughts on this situation are closer than you think. Re read my posts. I'm not anti Muslim. Just concerned about the process of how these people are brought here.
You didn't answer the question. Protect from who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
Not sure what to thank, but if this bankrupt country is going to feed, house and help 100,000 people how bout we start with our own veterans, I'm just saying? Why Obama wan't interested in helping the Christen refugee's of which 100's of 1,000's were slaughtered? Just a thought. Funny how the media spins thangs.
We aren't bankrupt and Obama has brought more than one veterans bills to Congress and they were all shot down.
What Christian refugees?

Old 11-22-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:

We aren't bankrupt and Obama has brought more than one veterans bills to Congress and they were all shot down.
What Christian refugees?
Annie, if you ever have a daughter you will realize how ridiculous that question is. I think I have been clear about my concerns about this subject. I have always respected your opinions on here and still do, but I don't want to discuss this anymore. I come to this site to talk about what a great city I live in, not about politics. I should have stayed off here to begin with.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Annie, if you ever have a daughter you will realize how ridiculous that question is. I think I have been clear about my concerns about this subject. I have always respected your opinions on here and still do, but I don't want to discuss this anymore. I come to this site to talk about what a great city I live in, not about politics. I should have stayed off here to begin with.
I don't really have an opinion on this subject although I think being scared of this situation is a bit ironic. I think the fact that so many Americans are apprehensive and scared that they would probably have a better experience in a more welcoming nation.

From my perspective, there's more to be scared of than IS, who've killed far more Muslims than any other demographic.

However, I do share your concern, just not necessarily with the same issue.

Old 11-22-2015, 02:25 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,860,270 times
Quote:

What Christian refugees?
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...oAVmJNdnO8xMIw Take a look and you tell me

Old 11-22-2015, 02:59 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
You need that translated? He's saying that if you can see the difference between the Klan(a supposed christian organization) and Christianity, you should also be able to see the difference between Islam and religious extremists like ISIS.

It always strikes me as odd how christians so readily align terrorism with the Muslim faith, yet conveniently forget about the Christian Crusades and the Inquisition. And just in case those events are seen as old and archaic, here are few recent acts of christian terrorism...I'll exclude the Iraq War of the 2000's:

10 of the Worst Terror Attacks by Extreme Christians and Far-Right White Men | Alternet

6 modern-day Christian terrorist groups our media conveniently ignores - Salon.com

...but back to the matter at hand

Not really true. You see nut jobs like the Klan and the Fred Phelps group are quite transparent. They're whacky, but they don't hide it.

How many times have we now heard(and again in the Paris attacks) how nice the young men were? One neighbor interviewed said "they were nice and quiet and didn't even smoke".

There is a reason they're called "sleeper cells". They blend in until they're ready to act.

I am by no means saying that all Muslims are terrorists, of course they're not. I'm saying the radical ones will blend in until it is time to act out when they're in the country they intend to cause chaos in.

It happens time and time again.

Old 11-22-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
A dozen people isn't really damning information in relation to the thousands of Muslims they've killed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Not really true. You see nut jobs like the Klan and the Fred Phelps group are quite transparent. They're whacky, but they don't hide it.

How many times have we now heard(and again in the Paris attacks) how nice the young men were? One neighbor interviewed said "they were nice and quiet and didn't even smoke".

There is a reason they're called "sleeper cells". They blend in until they're ready to act.

I am by no means saying that all Muslims are terrorists, of course they're not. I'm saying the radical ones will blend in until it is time to act out when they're in the country they intend to cause chaos in.

It happens time and time again.
Tha Klan has been in law enforcement and government since it's beginnings.
Why are they categorized as Muslims only? Was Dylan Roof not a Christian terrorist?
These people are far from the cores of Islamic faith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies