Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 10:50 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
We take more than the whole world combined.
They need to assimilate to our culture.
We need the wall to stop illegal immigration and terrorism to the extent we can.
We also need to make English the official language of the USA.

Nothing Trump or I posted here would be bad for the USA, as far as the rest of the world we can only do so much and maybe more should stay home and create their own paradise at home.

PS: Mexico is screwed and got taken over by cartels and corrupt governments because the people are not allowed to possess guns. They don't have guns to take their government back. Also think about that.

Also, Mexico has gotten so bad that my wife who was born in Mexico can now no longer travel there for fear of kidnapping, decapitation or torture.
Building a wall wouldn't do any good. It would just drive the traffic out to sea, and there would be tunnels under it making it superfluous. It would wind up being a New Deal style big make-work construction project to create jobs in Texas - in short, like something LBJ would come up with.

I've read Trump's position paper on immigration. Half of it is reasonable, and some of it is necessary (like ending sanctuary cities and deporting illegal gangbangers). The other half of it is batsht crazy, like making Mexico - a country which is a creditor nation of the US - pay for a wall. They have power over us via debt. That's something we need to fix, but until we fix it, we're in no position to tell them to do anything.

I know parts of Mexico are in very bad shape. Trump keeps insisting that Mexico is kicking butt and is in much better shape than the US, so you'll have to tell him otherwise.

(Agreed about the guns, btw. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 11:55 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Don't believe it, NOPE!

Old 11-20-2015, 12:52 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
"More Mexicans Leaving US Than Coming In"

Not sure how they are measuring the illegals, they go back and forth all the time. Currently, I'm seeing just as many illegal Central Americans as I am Mexican Nationals. I think a wall would help, but you're still going to have drones, cameras and manpower. Of course, the problem would be solved if people would quit hiring them. Apparently, that's to much to ask of the greedy selfish pigs.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:00 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,667,968 times
Is this a good thing? seems so.

Old 11-20-2015, 04:39 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
<looks around>
Nope, not one factual rebuttal from conservative posters.

Old 11-20-2015, 04:45 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Donald Trump's idea of a border wall just got blown out of the water.
Or does he want a wall to keep Mexicans from leaving the U.S. ?

More Mexicans Leaving US Than Coming In

The GOP just lost a major campaign issue -- it was built on fear of uncontrolled illegals streaming into the U.S. LOL, will the GOP support an open border so the Mexicans can go back home? This is too funny...
"Recent months have seen a dramatic uptick in the number of children trying to trek across Texas' southern border alone, according to new data from the U.S. Border Patrol. August and September, the most recent months with available data, have borne the brunt of the recent increase. After a months-long decrease in solo child arrivals after the surge in summer 2014, the numbers are back up to their highest levels for early fall in at least six years. Statewide, 7,390 unaccompanied children were caught crossing in those two months, an 85 percent increase over the same period last year."

Throngs of children are trying to cross the Texas border again - Houston Chronicle

Old 11-20-2015, 05:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Horsecrap
I do not suport Trump, like you do, but I agree with what you are saying about about the border. I too heard the report about Mexicans leaving and not as many coming in, but there are still too many. The report, which we all know if it came from the government it is probably doctored up: said, those who do come, stay an average of 10 years. So, for average; we are supporting them and, in many cases their families, not to mention how many commit crimes while here. Of course the majority of them are not violent criminals, they just want a better life, but they are still here illegally. As OLDGLORY pointed out: the study speaks of Mexicans only, not the number coming from central America and other places. The fact remains, we have too many living here, in our coutry that have not gotten here the legal way.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:27 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,946,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not that I don't have any faith in your link but more Central Americans are coming here illegally now so what's the difference? We still have at least 11 million illegal aliens here so get back with us when a good portion of them leave. The number leaving is just a drop in the bucket compared to those who are still here and not leaving.

Wanting to protect the national security, identity, culture and language of our nation not to mention retaining the rule of law is not fear. It is common sense and patriotism. You know what you can do with your "LOL" there is nothing funny about this issue. The GOP has never supported an open border so WTH are you talking about? The border wall is to keep more illegals and other criminals from coming in not to keep them from leaving. Why in the world would Trump or any other law abiding American want to keep them here? A wall would not stop them from leaving. There will always be legal ports of entry and exit.
Good post except the bolded (emphasis mine). Of course the GOP supports an open border. If they don't how come they have used any of their opportunities over the past few decades to do something about it?
Follow the dots and you will see that they are all in bed together on this issue.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:33 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
<looks around>
Nope, not one factual rebuttal from conservative posters.
I guess if Mexicans are leaving some other groups are coming ?

Border crossings by unaccompanied kids are up 85% from last year.

More Central Americans fleeing violence to enter U.S., suggesting another major surge - LA Times
Many more unaccompanied children are also crossing, with 4,476 apprehended in September — an 85% increase over that month in 2014, according to new Border Patrol data.

Texas' Rio Grande Valley has been the epicenter of both the earlier and the latest influx. In 2014, the region saw 77% more unaccompanied children and more than four times as many families caught crossing compared with the previous year. The number of families who crossed this September was 5,273, more than twice the number seen in September 2014.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:49 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I guess if Mexicans are leaving some other groups are coming ?

Border crossings by unaccompanied kids are up 85% from last year.

More Central Americans fleeing violence to enter U.S., suggesting another major surge - LA Times
Many more unaccompanied children are also crossing, with 4,476 apprehended in September — an 85% increase over that month in 2014, according to new Border Patrol data.

Texas' Rio Grande Valley has been the epicenter of both the earlier and the latest influx. In 2014, the region saw 77% more unaccompanied children and more than four times as many families caught crossing compared with the previous year. The number of families who crossed this September was 5,273, more than twice the number seen in September 2014.
That surge (if you can call it that) has declined 58% since last year:

Illegal immigrant children border crossings down 58 percent from 2014 surge - Washington Times

Every single metric shows that illegal immigration has slowed to a trickle since the Great Recession and Mexico's significantly reduced birthrate (down to almost U.S. levels) will ensure it stays that way. The huge surplus of able-bodied workers Mexico had during the peak decades of illegal immigration are long gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies