Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2015, 07:18 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,376,503 times

Advertisements

I was watching like the history channel, and they were talking about UN involvement in Bosnia. The Bosnian Muslims were being ethnically cleansed several years back. The United Nations promised them asylum... then a bit later abandoned them to their persecutors. I've heard of the failure of their "Common Core" education initiative, basically a dumbing down and rewriting of history. And it seems like their solution to poverty and hunger isbto put everyone on welfare.

The point is, we can't trust megalithic groups to solve our problems. They become a de facto oligarchy. I believe in individuals making a difference. So, since the UN has revealed itself as corrupt, I ask you. For the solution of these problems before 2030.

1. An end to poverty and starvation WITHOUT putting everyone on dependence to government. Both in terms of making more jobs available by removing restrictions to business startup, and by making other means besides government of feeding the hungry. Also the issue of getting farmland to work even in desert.
2. Stopping destruction of old wood forests and destruction of the environment. Being able to use our existing farmland to feed humans, not corn for cattle and cars. We could easily grow enough corn for exports, instead we use it to produce corn-fed cattle which have ulcers because they are grass eaters and corn gives them gas. A stomach problem passed on to us. More protection for national forests, and better use of our land. More locally grown food, and more rooftop farms in cities.
3. An end to crappy processed food. It has been shown (repeatedly) that butter is good for you. Vegetable oils (notably soybean oil and canola) are sometimes cut with trans fats, and they are in too much food. There was no link between real (grass fed) butter and any health problems, but there was a link between trans fats (whether partially hydrogenated, fully hydrogenated, or interesterified) and obesity/heart disease/diabetes. If you want solid veg fats there is a process, it's called fractionation. You separate the saturated fat from unsaturated. And the same link with nitrates and HFCS (to say nothing of the massive misuse of corn) and disease like diabetes and heart problems. Even refined sugar has been linked to Alzheimer's. Basically, the FDA has sold out to the higher bidder because they are not correctly funded and understaffed. It's time to clean house, and get back to food even from 200 years ago (forget paleilithic, much of our junk food came from industrial revolution shortcut additives).
4. Clean cars everywhere, cleaner factories and power plants. Wood burning stoves have gotten cleaner, so I'd like to see people able to rely on straight up electricity (not gas or coal or oil) and develop smoke free woodstoves. I've been in power outages, this is the difference between life and death. And I loathe the trendy fake fire (it's an unenclosed gas fire, you are breathing in the particles, and I'm pretty sure if there is an outage, you're dead). A branch of wood, or some old papers can provide warmth, and keep people self-sufficient. I just want the fumes to be filtered out.
5. Ending animal cruelty. Milking cattle is not cruel, neither is gathering eggs. What is, is raising massive amounts of livestock for slaughter. Stop it. We can use meat that is old, after the animal can't breed or produce milk. Muscular meat has more nutritional value than "tender" fatty meat.
6. End racial conflict. Whatever we are doing isn't working.
7. End tensions for supremacy between Muslims and Christians, Jews and Muslims, and Christians and Pagans, etc. We can't keep doing this and UN's solution would probably be mandatory atheism. But that's a church and state issue. We need something better.
8. A better education system. Ours is not only credit based and unaffordable, it's becoming dumbed down, and the standardized tests just waste time. Let teachers teach!
9. Ditto for healthcare system. Canadian social medicine is fine. Pre-industrial medicine had people paying in cattle or chickens, and was usually cheaper than what we have now. Either model would be better if we had today's medicine.
10. End sexism and rape culture. I don't approve of abortions, but I do think birth control medicine is important for every woman to have. And education of women to use condoms rather than expecting the guy to not be an *******.
11. Equal rights for me an women in all things. Access of women to better jobs, ending the male breadwinner culture (a guy wants to be a househusband, sure fine, and ditto for either gender taking off work).
12. End abuses to LGBT. Not just equal marriage, but anyone being able to use any bathroom they want. Fact is, urinals suck (they're basically just for money saving). We could make big unisex bathrooms, and for changing rooms or showers have stalls for changing or showers. And nobody would complain. Equal employment for LGBT (trust me, it is very hard to find employment when you are trans).
13. In general (because I've forgot something) a more peaceful world with less abuses of people, better health, and clean air. Religions working together on this goal.

And no, I apparently don't have triskadecaphobia. Pick a number and talk about it.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:20 AM

18,529 posts, read 9,215,011 times
Your posts are all over the map.

This one is probably more suited for the political forum.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:25 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,376,503 times
Tough. It's religion. Because I see the mission of religion as social justice while I haven't voted in the last three elections. Smarmy twits. I believe in the power of individuals, not parties that's why it's here.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:25 AM

16,744 posts, read 15,776,165 times
Thread closed pending movement to a more appropriate forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies