Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 08:36 PM

265 posts, read 191,909 times

Advertisements

As ISIS loses leaders, Obama releases more from GITMO:
Pentagon transfers 5 Gitmo detainees to United Arab Emirates | Fox News

This is madness on Obama's part. He makes a great commander in chief (For ISIS)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 08:43 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,440,929 times
With his usual killer comedy timing, the "leader of the free world" told George Stephanopoulos on "Good Morning, America" this very morning that he'd "contained" ISIS and that they're not "gaining strength". A few hours later, a cell whose members claim to have been recruited by ISIS slaughtered over 150 people in the heart of Paris and succeeded in getting two suicide bombers and a third bomb to within a few yards of the French president.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:46 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
I cannot understand, if he is on our side, why he would do such a thing.

(When you accept that he's not on our side,
everything he does makes perfect sense.)

Old 11-15-2015, 08:48 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Good. Bout time we empty that place and close it. Then close the naval base and give it back to Cuba.

Anyone that hasn't been found guilty in a court of law should be released.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:33 PM

42 posts, read 27,696 times

Old 11-15-2015, 10:34 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
He got to please his base.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:49 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times
I have to stop posting on this board, because so many people who have no idea what they are talking about really raise my blood pressure...

Wow, thanks in part to the magic of cannabis, I just realized a perfect way to explain why the OP is completely wrong: What if the Chinese government in the 1970s sold rice to the US? Would that be the US supporting the USSR? No. Why? They are both communist?

Yes, but China and the USSR had different kinds of communism and really hated each other. China was Maoist, in which peasants were the revolutionary class and imperialism was never justified (which is why the USSR spread communism world-wide, but China never really did) as well as cultural revolution etc.

Those in Gitmo follow mostly mainline Salafi doctrine and what I like to call "Wahhabist-Qutbism", which is a mixture of wahhabi adition with the political ideology of Sayyid Qutb. ISIS on the other hand are basically a millennialist group who truly think they are the ones spoken of in the Hadiths and that judgement day is coming in a few years, perhaps less.

In other words, most Wahhabist-Qutbist (Al-queada, Abu-Sayyaf, Ansar-al-Islam, Ansar-al-Sharia etc) believe in creating a state for Muslims to await the coming of their messiah, the caliphate, and judgement day but first they must defend the Ummah (Muslim community) with their lives and overthrow non-Islamic regimes. ISIS says that judgement day is so soon there is no need to wage Jihad against those who hurt the Ummah, because those are not the true Muslims anyway, and that they ARE the army of judgement day.

And hence, most of the Jihadi world hates ISIS and are their enemies. If anything Obama, a guy I really can't stand usually, is doing the right thing: let our enemies destroy each other. Let the Taliban fight ISIS, as well as Al-Ansar and Al-Queada. When Wahabis kill each other instead of us, it is just as good as when China and the USSR have beef.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:54 PM

8 posts, read 6,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
With his usual killer comedy timing, the "leader of the free world" told George Stephanopoulos on "Good Morning, America" this very morning that he'd "contained" ISIS and that they're not "gaining strength". A few hours later, a cell whose members claim to have been recruited by ISIS slaughtered over 150 people in the heart of Paris and succeeded in getting two suicide bombers and a third bomb to within a few yards of the French president.
That's just it- He's arguably not the "leader of the free world" anymore. Putin, China, some countries in Europe, and others are doing what they wish. America is not in relative decline, we are in straight decline. Therefore, the smarter places around the world have had to take matters upon themselves.

France bombed ISI-? .. Putin went in to defend his interests. Iran went in to defend it's interests. Saudi went in to defend it's interests. America fiddled. Drew lines and stepped back.

The situation is so stark, that I would suspect if the IS people pulled off a 9/11, the USA could not, nor would not be able to effectively respond. The congress would be torn and the current President would waffle. Therefore, what could happen is that if an attack is bad enough is completely unknown. The President could be recalled, a council of Governors could go to Washington.

It forces one to think what happens if the President can't or refuses to defend the nation, who else can step in to fulfill that role. If it sounds far fetched, replace NYC for Paris and you're there.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:57 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I cannot understand, if he is on our side, why he would do such a thing.

(When you accept that he's not on our side,
everything he does makes perfect sense.)
Bingo.

People need to wake up.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:59 PM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I have to stop posting on this board, because so many people who have no idea what they are talking about really raise my blood pressure...

Wow, thanks in part to the magic of cannabis, I just realized a perfect way to explain why the OP is completely wrong: What if the Chinese government in the 1970s sold rice to the US? Would that be the US supporting the USSR? No. Why? They are both communist?

Yes, but China and the USSR had different kinds of communism and really hated each other. China was Maoist, in which peasants were the revolutionary class and imperialism was never justified (which is why the USSR spread communism world-wide, but China never really did) as well as cultural revolution etc.

Those in Gitmo follow mostly mainline Salafi doctrine and what I like to call "Wahhabist-Qutbism", which is a mixture of wahhabi adition with the political ideology of Sayyid Qutb. ISIS on the other hand are basically a millennialist group who truly think they are the ones spoken of in the Hadiths and that judgement day is coming in a few years, perhaps less.

In other words, most Wahhabist-Qutbist (Al-queada, Abu-Sayyaf, Ansar-al-Islam, Ansar-al-Sharia etc) believe in creating a state for Muslims to await the coming of their messiah, the caliphate, and judgement day but first they must defend the Ummah (Muslim community) with their lives and overthrow non-Islamic regimes. ISIS says that judgement day is so soon there is no need to wage Jihad against those who hurt the Ummah, because those are not the true Muslims anyway, and that they ARE the army of judgement day.

And hence, most of the Jihadi world hates ISIS and are their enemies. If anything Obama, a guy I really can't stand usually, is doing the right thing: let our enemies destroy each other. Let the Taliban fight ISIS, as well as Al-Ansar and Al-Queada. When Wahabis kill each other instead of us, it is just as good as when China and the USSR have beef.
That's fine but how many Innocents have to die, be raped or tortured by the hord while they are killing each other
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies