Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2015, 12:38 PM

2,182 posts, read 1,626,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
No. My decent individual plan ONE YEAR AGO cost $575 a month for my husband and me. In January, that plan was canceled and we had to go with a different plan - for $1137 a month and a higher deductible as well.

Now in January, THAT plan is being canceled but we can go with ANOTHER plan, not a PPO (which we need), with a HIGHER deductible, and now NO copays till we meet that massive deductible. But hey, the good news is that the premium stayed the same! WOOHOOOO, IT'S MORE THAN OUR MORTGAGE BUT AT LEAST IT DIDN'T DOUBLE LIKE IT DID A YEAR AGO!
Thank you for pointing this out. When things changed over to Obama care I got a letter in the mail that said that due to the affordable care act my cost would go up. Its affordable, but I pay more? And like you I pay a lot more for less coverage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 12:38 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,844,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
I don't qualify for a subsidy and I'm not rich. You don't have to be rich to get shafted.
I know - my post was in response to someone complaining about "rich" people complaining - as if "rich" people had no right to be angry.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:47 PM

2,182 posts, read 1,626,929 times
Quote:
I know - my post was in response to someone complaining about "rich" people complaining - as if "rich" people had no right to be angry.
What bothers me is that before these changes happened plenty of people just chose not to buy any health insurance when they could have. It isn't fun or easy to spend a lot of money for it. I did it for years so I know this. People share too much information I guess. How come I know enough people that make more than me that didn't buy it, got sick and lost everything? I think it sucks that it cost so much, but if I could do it it could have been done by so many others. And now the changes that were made aren't lowering actual costs at all.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:54 PM

401 posts, read 287,225 times
The people with Romneycare like their insurance, I guess ol Mitt shouldnt have tried to run away from the only significant achievement in his political life.

Old 11-21-2015, 01:06 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,598,792 times
Quote:
No. My decent individual plan ONE YEAR AGO cost $575 a month for my husband and me. In January, that plan was canceled and we had to go with a different plan - for $1137 a month and a higher deductible as well.

Now in January, THAT plan is being canceled but we can go with ANOTHER plan, not a PPO (which we need), with a HIGHER deductible, and now NO copays till we meet that massive deductible. But hey, the good news is that the premium stayed the same! WOOHOOOO, IT'S MORE THAN OUR MORTGAGE BUT AT LEAST IT DIDN'T DOUBLE LIKE IT DID A YEAR AGO!
I can't tell you why your situation got worse, if it really did. I can only tell you that your case is very unusual. Even among most people who think Obamacare shafted them, it's actually helped them and they're just confused (it's an unfortunately complicated system). That's why I'd prefer a simple public health system, but ACA still helped millions of Americans anyway.

What I don't understand is why the people most vocal about the ACA's problems are most insistent on making those problems worse. High premiums, so we should remove all the ACA regulations capping premiums. Get screwed by networks, let's strip back regulations even more. My crap isn't covered, let's go back to letting insurance companies drop you for getting sick. I have a wound, let's rub some rusty nails in it. Conservatives just never stop being loudly wrong.

Old 11-21-2015, 01:16 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
The people with Romneycare like their insurance, I guess ol Mitt shouldnt have tried to run away from the only significant achievement in his political life.
Actually romneycare was on the verge of bankruptcy.
Obamacare came along just in time to save it.

why ? Too many sick and too many free and low cost plan signups.

When it comes to paying for stuff it seems this "it takes a village" crowd all go "every man for himself".

ROMNEYCARE'S LEGACY

Old 11-21-2015, 01:25 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
I can't tell you why your situation got worse, if it really did. I can only tell you that your case is very unusual. Even among most people who think Obamacare shafted them, it's actually helped them and they're just confused (it's an unfortunately complicated system). That's why I'd prefer a simple public health system, but ACA still helped millions of Americans anyway.
It didn't help me a damn bit. What, just because you like it you think anyone who got shafted should like it too? WOW ARE YOU SELF CENTERED!

Old 11-21-2015, 01:27 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Conservatives just never stop being loudly wrong.
Democrats have no problem taking what isn't theirs. Thieves with the government as their gun.

Old 11-21-2015, 01:37 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,523,860 times
It seems to me on the 2nd year of this the tax credits are not nearly as generous has they were in 2014. I reported a change in income that took me off Medicaid which in WA you can be on it if you make 24k yearly.
Well it was at a similar income 26k that I reported in 2014 and only paid 10 dollars a moth of Ambetter. In September 2015, the same income, cheapest plan was 80 per month. Why?
Unlike the Cons though I believe in Medicaid for all instead of the free market crap

Old 11-21-2015, 01:49 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,940,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
SNAP recipients overwhelmingly vote Dem.

https://ozarkspolitics.files.wordpre...ng?w=650&h=592

Source: Maxwell School
Your link is a mere graph, with no indication of what question on this "poll" was asked.

Since we know that those in Red States receive most of what you call "government handouts," if voters voted the way that your graph indicated, those states wouldn't be Red States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies