Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 12:21 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
You talk a lot but haven't proposed a single thing
if global leaders call me this afternoon and ask for some proposals, I'll make them.

Quote:
just whining endlessly as to why its far too difficult to contemplate training native Syrians to go fight for their own country in place of American or European troops.
I didn't say it was difficult , I said your particular plan was stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
What's your suggestion then, how do you settle the Syrian conflict, as well as the refugee crisis.
That doesn't answer my question.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:24 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,686,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
if global leaders call me this afternoon and ask for some proposals, I'll make them.

So the value of your comments is utter bull****, thanks then. Its easy to point out flaws in something when you don't offer anything at all.

I think the idea should be at least worth considering and exploring further.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:25 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
I think it is strange that most of them are young men .. where are the feeble, the children, the women? All young men who are all potential Isis terrorists who are getting a free ride to form terror cells in Europe and America.

How stupid and gullible the left are. And that is an understatement.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I think it is strange that most of them are young men .. where are the feeble, the children, the women? All young men who are all potential Isis terrorists who are getting a free ride to form terror cells in Europe and America.

How stupid and gullible the left are. And that is an understatement.

I think when you have that many young Syrian men, if you can't put together a competent fighting force, get enough of them that are willing to fight for their home, then Syria has far far bigger problems than ISIS.

Let them reclaim their homeland, whether it is fighting on the side of Assad, supporting the FSA or exclusively going after ISIS, they know the terrain and the people far better than anyone else, it should be their war to fight and if you can find enough that are willing, that option should definitely be on the table.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:33 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,677,577 times
Yes but there are many rebel groups fighting ISIS and Assad, why would this be different?

Old 11-16-2015, 01:02 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,172 times
Quote:
And who, praytell, would lead this "Refugee Army" ?
Those Poles who got out of Poland; they chose their leaders to take care of business.

Old 11-16-2015, 01:05 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,729 times
Quote:
That doesn't answer my question.
That is the very problem. It doesn't matter what is said, you will continue deflecting. I don't have a problem with what you are saying but you are deliberately disconnected with the concerns of others. People may not have a plan but they know they want something to be done. Instead of you working together, you are simply sitting back with your bottle of wine just flinging at everyone. Just like the press was asking Obama, all he could do was ramp up his agenda to keep borders open.

It's just the lack of sense of mission, commitment, and urgency that concerns many. But for some reason, it's across the line in how many people think. Unfortunately, it happens to be often, not always, a liberal (nothing to see here) view.

Old 11-16-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Yes but there are many rebel groups fighting ISIS and Assad, why would this be different?

The point that the FM made was in response to a question about putting European boots on the ground in Syria. His argument was along the lines of why should we send soldiers to fight in Syria when you have all these young Syrian males coming to Europe that are perfectly capable of doing so. If they won't fight to save their own country, why should we?

Old 11-16-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The young men are escaping conscription into the Syrian Army and/or ISIS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies