Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 07:47 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
the Amish cover their faces in public? the Amish wear robes and cover their hair because they're told that men might rape them otherwise?
If you are unable to comprehend what I said even though I made it easy to comprehend maybe silence would be a better option.

(And yes, their customs are also done so as to not temot men among other reasons)

Old 11-17-2015, 07:48 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If you are unable to comprehend what I said even though I made it easy to comprehend maybe silence would be a better option.
the irony. telling me to be silent because you've lost the argument.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Bad analogy. The Amish women don't cover up their faces.
Did I say they did? No, you did because you don't want to address what I actually said.

Quote:
And they don't even live among us (they segregate themselves away from mainstream society) so who cares.
You have obviously never lived around them. They most certainly "live among us".

Old 11-17-2015, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
the irony. telling me to be silent because you've lost the argument.
You didn't address my point so there was no argument to lose.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:57 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
A muslim women should be allowed to wear a hijab or Niqub (or whatever they call it) and as long as she is following the rules like any other citizen then her and her hijab are of no harm to society. A head or face cover isn't a symbol of oppression or terrorism , it is the symbol of their religion.

Modesty isn't something anyone should look down upon. Since the US is a symbol of freedom then any person should be allowed to wear whatever and believe whatever they please as long as is of no harm to others.

Symbol, flags, (any flags), head pieces, accessories, etc, don't bother me.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:08 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
I've seen a lot of women in a niqab here in southern California. (especially in the shopping malls)

This is how I think, if they can identify themselves as Muslims in public, they perhaps have nothing to hide. I don't worry about women in niqab, if I have to worry, I worry about those who blend into the society with no problems.

My friend who is a combat Marine said that in Middle East, women in niqab are dangerous. You don't know what they are really hiding. Plus, There are some terrorists in drag lol bombs beneath the burqa. But we are not in combat zone, if the women want to cover themselves in hot summers, let them.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:55 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
Do you know that issues like this are going to further usher in the use of the RFID chip .

Old 11-17-2015, 09:04 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Unfortunately I don't think you can ban it.

However, I think it should be ridiculed and derided as sexist and misogynistic, and women should NOT be praised for wearing it.

I don't want to read articles from some braindead convert-for-attention to Islam droning on about how it's her "choice" to wear the hijab, or that it's "empowering" to her.

I'm sure the women of the FLDS church think it's their "choice" to wear dumpy fully length skirts and blouses and never cut their hair, too.... but the rest of us are intelligent to call out that nonsense. Maybe because we don't fear being called xenophobic or racist for same.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Unfortunately I don't think you can ban it.

However, I think it should be ridiculed and derided as sexist and misogynistic, and women should NOT be praised for wearing it.
How about we just mind our own business?

Quote:
I don't want to read articles from some braindead convert-for-attention to Islam droning on about how it's her "choice" to wear the hijab, or that it's "empowering" to her.
Don't.

Quote:
I'm sure the women of the FLDS church think it's their "choice" to wear dumpy fully length skirts and blouses and never cut their hair, too.... but the rest of us are intelligent to call out that nonsense. Maybe because we don't fear being called xenophobic or racist for same.
It's really none of my business what clothes they wear or how they fix their hair.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:20 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
How about we just mind our own business?
Nope. Because when it becomes accepted, it will eventually become EXPECTED.

Quote:
Don't.

Well unlike some people I actually just don't block out everything that is displeasing to me.

If you're putting your perspective into the open, you invite criticism and critique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp
It's really none of my business what clothes they wear or how they fix their hair.

And it's none of my business if my neighbor beats his wife and molests his kids, either, I suppose. But I'm still going to speak out against it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies