Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 09:56 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What did the last Republican President do to control any of this? I must have missed it and it's entirely possible that I did. So perhaps you could bring me up to speed.
LOL, a Democrat has been president for the last 7 years and you're still trying to 'BLAME ANYONE BUT DEAR OBAMA"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 09:58 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, a Democrat has been president for the last 7 years and you're still trying to 'BLAME ANYONE BUT DEAR OBAMA"
They wouldn't even go back to Clinton when he gave Bin Laden a pass.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:59 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,362 times
I don't support Nationalism, because that can lead to fascism. I do believe in American's Safety first! I don't believe in isolationism and I think that our country is a better place because of legal immigration. That being said, close our borders, take out anyone who seeks to destroy us or out allies and focus our efforts on our own people.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:33 AM

589 posts, read 300,195 times
The government would like you to think that it is doing the best interest for the American Citizens. However, we all know, they are corrupt and is pandering to the elitist FED, aka a Federal Reserve, a PRIVATE entity that controls our money supply.

Both the Dem and Rep answer to them, so we know that it is not a PARTY issue since it's the same coin just on different side to seem like a democracy and have the citizens argue about parties, instead of looking at the root cause.

Why do we destroy countries only to use OUR funding to rebuild THEIR countries we just destroyed? Why do we NOT ENFORCE our immigration laws and give out all these handouts to them that costs us BILLIONS? Why do we have unnecessary income taxes? All comes down to servicing the FED and weakening the US financially and leading to their agenda of NWO.

So, we need to end the FED AND ENFORCE our immigration laws to secure our borders. We also need to secure our border by air by NOT planting any future attackers here and taking in these refugees. In short, I support going to American first policy.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:52 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I don't support Nationalism, because that can lead to fascism. I do believe in American's Safety first! I don't believe in isolationism and I think that our country is a better place because of legal immigration. That being said, close our borders, take out anyone who seeks to destroy us or out allies and focus our efforts on our own people.

I agree with a lot of what you say. Blind nationalism is dangerous, and it brought the likes of Hitler and Stalin to power! I too have no issue with LEGAL immigration, and those who do so, and become part of our culture while leaving the bulls*** behind, and honestly if you're not going to leave the bulls*** behind that caused you to leave in the first place, why come here? Having said that I do believe that until we have our house in order, we really need to put forth more restrictions on who we allow in here. Finally as for isolationism... there is isolationism, and then there is non-interventionalism, which I support. The problem is again, we and other Western nations injected our influence into a crappy region of the world that has been a hot mess since biblical times, and therefore; opened up that can of worms by doing so! We don't belong there, and not one more drop of American blood should be shed there, nor should we risk anymore American lives over that region, and continue to pander to the global elitists running the show to further their agenda! The sad thing is, I feel we're in way too deep now, and there is no turning back!

Old 11-17-2015, 11:25 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
No. These are ALL issues that have been going on for YEARS AND YEARS.

But Obama is to wave his magic wand and fix them all.

I was actually speaking to the poster who intimated that the reason none of these things have been done (see OP's original post) is because there is a Kenyan in the WH.

False on all accounts.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:33 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
No. These are ALL issues that have been going on for YEARS AND YEARS.

But Obama is to wave his magic wand and fix them all.

I was actually speaking to the poster who intimated that the reason none of these things have been done (see OP's original post) is because there is a Kenyan in the WH.

False on all accounts.
He might not be able to wave a magic wand but he sure as hell can stop the continuation of those policies but he's only furthering them.

Old 11-17-2015, 02:18 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Nationalism(and all its forms), or internationalism. That is your only real choice.

I prefer nationalism(IE cultural protectionism) to internationalism. But we have to be careful when discussing what exactly a nation is. America is not by any reasonable definition, a nation, it is an economic union, held together by force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I agree with a lot of what you say. Blind nationalism is dangerous, and it brought the likes of Hitler and Stalin to power! I too have no issue with LEGAL immigration, and those who do so, and become part of our culture while leaving the bulls*** behind, and honestly if you're not going to leave the bulls*** behind that caused you to leave in the first place, why come here? Having said that I do believe that until we have our house in order, we really need to put forth more restrictions on who we allow in here. Finally as for isolationism... there is isolationism, and then there is non-interventionalism, which I support. The problem is again, we and other Western nations injected our influence into a crappy region of the world that has been a hot mess since biblical times, and therefore; opened up that can of worms by doing so! We don't belong there, and not one more drop of American blood should be shed there, nor should we risk anymore American lives over that region, and continue to pander to the global elitists running the show to further their agenda! The sad thing is, I feel we're in way too deep now, and there is no turning back!
First, Stalin wasn't brought to power by nationalism. And Hitler wasn't really brought to power by nationalism either. Both Stalin and Hitler were brought to power because of economic and geopolitical circumstances. Stalin's job was to build the Soviet economy, and Soviet military, for the purpose of resisting Western imperialism.

And Hitler rose to power, mainly because of the German hyperinflation of the 1920's, the French occupation of the Ruhr, and then the start of the Great Depression. Hitler's job was equally to rebuild the German economy, and the German military, for the purpose of resisting Western imperialism.

The problem between the Soviet Union and Germany, was that Germany and the Soviet Union were effectively neighbors. Hitler was worried about the rising Soviet and American giants. Who, because of their size and resources, would eventually become too powerful to resist. Hitler didn't want to become an American or Soviet colony. And thus, Hitler needed enough population and resources be "independent", and powerful enough to maintain that independence in the face of foreign threats.

To put it in perspective, here are the words of one of America's most important founding fathers, Alexander Hamilton....

"In a state so insignificant our commerce would be prey to the wanton intermeddlings of all nations at war with each other; who, having nothing to fear from us, would with little scruple or remorse, supply their wants by depredations on our property as often as it fell in their way. The rights of neutrality will only be respected when they are defended by an adequate power. A nation, despicable by its weakness, forfeits even the privilege of being neutral."

World War II was fought by a multitude of imperial powers, who all wanted to become the world superpower. At the start of World War II, there were at least six imperial powers who were vying for world hegemony(Britain, France, Germany, Soviet Union, United States, and Japan). At the end of World War II, the only superpowers left, were the United States and the Soviet Union. And by 1991, that number had whittled to only one, the United States(with a rising China waiting in the wing).

The United States wants to basically turn the world into one massive American colony. We want them all to speak English, to adopt our products and culture, and to otherwise do as we tell them. This "New World Order", has America in the preeminent position, as the world's policeman, enforcing an "international law", effectively set by American interests/corporations, who want to maintain control of all the world's resources and markets.

Hitler hated a world where Germany would effectively lose its sovereignty to some foreign power, who would force an internationalist/multiculturalist economic and social system on them. Hitler wanted to make sure Germany would stay German, and not become just some province in a vast global system, ruled by a bunch of sociopath elites, who had no loyalties to anyone.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:56 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Jesus would multiply the bread and fish, not forcibly redistribute it
Not everyone shares or cares.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:27 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
What did the last Republican President do to control any of this? I must have missed it and it's entirely possible that I did. So perhaps you could bring me up to speed.
We're not talking about the last Republican president here.

We're talking about what conservatives support versus what liberals like Obama support.

Now. Not 10 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies