Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2015, 10:43 AM

17,358 posts, read 14,613,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Yes, and who is paying for this ivy league education these kids are getting? How many of them are there because they are a minority or their parent's income is low? And they speak of privilege?
About 1/2 of Dartmouth kids, receive scholarships - it's funded from endowments - and based on income.

And yes, it's "easier" to gain admittance as an URM, but make no mistake - these are not kids with low GPAs and poor test scores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 10:46 AM

In related news, Princeton students have taken over the president's office ...

Princeton Students Demand Erasure Of Woodrow Wilson | The Daily Caller

Quote:
“WE DEMAND the university administration publicly acknowledge the racist legacy of Woodrow Wilson and how he impacted campus policy and culture,” the students’ demands say. “We also demand that steps be made to rename Wilson residential college, the Woodrow Wilson School of Public Policy and International Affairs, and any other building named after him. Furthermore, we would like the mural of Wilson to be removed from Wilcox Dining Hall.”

Old 11-19-2015, 10:53 AM

And in even funnier related news at Vanderbilt ...

Vanderbilt Hate Crime Is Actually Blind Girl's Dog's Poop | FOX Sports

The initial outcry ...

Quote:
"The Hidden Dores team is appalled to announce that our demonstration yesterday was met this morning with a vile act. This morning someone left a bag of feces on the porch of Vanderbilt University's Black Cultural Center. The center has served as the nexus of many aspects of Black(sic) life on Vanderbilt's campus since it's (sic) inception 31 years ago. The violation of a place that in many ways is the sole home for Black(sic) students is deplorable. As many of us sit in grief, recognize that these types of actions are what we speak of when we note the reality of exclusion and isolation of students of color and specifically Black(sic) students on our campus. This act has hurt many and will nto be received lightly. We will not allow for the desecration of the place we call home. As we announced yesterday and reaffirm today, we will not be silent."
And the hysterical truth ...

Quote:
"I would like to inform everyone on this campus that no racial threat occurred. I am a blind student on this campus with a guide dog. I was meeting with a group last night to go over our debate for one of my sociology classes. My dog did her business outside on the grass and I picked it up and put it in a bag like always...I did not want to bring the feces inside and make the building smell, so I left it outside by the door...Everyone is going to point me out now as the blind girl who left her dog feces by the black cultural center. I am sorry that I do not know where all the trash cans are on main campus...The Vanderbilt police were obviously able to look at cameras and figure out that it was Marley and I becasue I got a call asking if I left her feces outside of the door."

Old 11-19-2015, 10:56 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
About 1/2 of Dartmouth kids, receive scholarships - it's funded from endowments - and based on income.

And yes, it's "easier" to gain admittance as an URM, but make no mistake - these are not kids with low GPAs and poor test scores.
It doesn't matter how smart they are. What matters is how hypocritical they sound when they speak of white privilege, and they are attending an Ivy League school. If they are benefiting by receiving a scholarship, then they are beholden to those very white people they are angry with. If they are there because their parents are well off, then they cannot understand the lives of poor blacks any more than most whites can. You can't have it both ways.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:17 AM

19,824 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
And in even funnier related news at Vanderbilt ...

Vanderbilt Hate Crime Is Actually Blind Girl's Dog's Poop | FOX Sports

The initial outcry ...

And the hysterical truth ...

A bunch of entitled college kids were sitting around in grief, a pity party, because a blind girl's dog pooped and she bagged it and left it because she did not know where the trash cans were. Hopefully they apologized to the blind student for blowing it out of proportion and hunting her down. Flippin idiots.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:20 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
I hope they're all kicked out.

You don't get to do this no matter what your hang-up of the year is.

Go to class, study and ****. You have 4 years and no one cares what your 18-22 year old rear-end pines for. Next step? Real world. Try it there? Harassment and physical assault charges on your record…might wanna think about it.

Group think at it's best.

Bunch of asses.

I really hope Dartmouth treats whoever assaulted their fellow white students without kid gloves - like they would if it had been white on black or any other race.

I was proud to be part of last night's protest - until it turned ugly

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6990

Black Lives Matter Mob Invades Dartmouth Library, Reportedly Harasses White Students Relentlessly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJAuVQlLxD0

You can't fix stupid...

Old 11-19-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Verbally assaulting people because they are white, is racism. Is racism allowed at Dartmouth?

Only if you are black and it's against Whites then it's all good.....they are still studying the concept of Hypocrisy and hope to have it figured out in the next millennia....stay tuned...

Old 11-19-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
In related news, Princeton students have taken over the president's office ...

Princeton Students Demand Erasure Of Woodrow Wilson | The Daily Caller
Let's start with the removal of the students and send them to the local community college...they should have more time to complain over there....better yet, kick them out and let them apply to some jobs where they can espouse their knowledge as they wait for the rejection letters that are soon to be overflowing....

Get in line privates.....left right left right....

Old 11-19-2015, 11:25 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
I cannot believe the University staff is supporting the demonstrators and not the students inside a quiet area who were disturbed.

I admit I would not file a complaint either if I were one of the students inside the room. I think an adult should be able to handle negative views by others without resorting to calling the authorities. Well I speak as a guy who can take care of himself. I understand a young lady was so harassed she burst into tears.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:27 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Black Lives Matter advocating for safe spaces (segregation)

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies