Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 09:15 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You still have a long ways to catch up. Obama is doing everything in his power to HELP ISIS. You have to see that by now. Our president is nothing but a traitor.

I wish there were Sound effects!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 09:17 PM

1,676 posts, read 945,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
You know what is more disturbing? The FRENCH Intelligence Agencies that didn't see this attack coming and now you want to "dump" President Obama over this?
The President who said he would get "Bin Laden" eventually and actually did? While "Dubya" said he wasn't interested in searching for him & even "mocked" his search by looking under a table during a press conference at the White House?
The President who so far has kept "America" safe for 7 years and hasn't involved our Nation in any other foreign Wars since then?

As for the Syrian refugees the 10,000 will have to be vetted over 18-24 months! You act like they just washed up on Coney Island and are running around in the US!

Perhaps you should vote for a "third" Bush since he wants 10,000 US troops in Syria to fight ISIS now. I hope you have Sons who can go ahead & fight against your presumed "Obama's foreign policy" weaknesses.

Have a Good day.
Do you know how expensive it is to vet someone? Many EU countries can't even afford it. Besides, the Democrats running want to increase the number to between 60,000 and 200,000, which will take more time. Not only that, but where will their documentation be found in a destroyed country with pretty much no government? And how will we afford to take care of all of these people when we can't even take care of all Americans (and illegals) that are here?

Old 11-18-2015, 09:25 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I have always been a strong supporter of President Obama, voted for him twice. When people said negative things about him, I always spoke up to defend him. However, because of recent events, I am rethinking my position.

What is disturbing me very much now is that he seems very weak to me in his foreign policies.........especially in light of the recent Paris attacks. He is still treating ISIS as if they are simply law breakers instead of waking up to realize they consider themselves a country and that they are a very serious threat to the rest of the world. He keeps talking about bringing the people who attack others to justice instead of acknowledging that there is a war going on and he needs to act now and do it in a forceful way. His bone head idea to take in tons of refugees also is guiding my dislike for his policies too.

What also concerns me is that Hillary (who I would have probably voted for) seems to think along the same lines as Obama. Not so sure who I would vote for now. Not ready to support a loose cannon like Trump yet, but I do think we need someone with some guts in that job, someone who will not play games with terrorist organizations and who is not afraid to meet force with force.

I don't want this to turn into another beat down Obama thread, just wanted to say that I am not as confident in him as I once was.

Don

You might as well vote for Trump. I don't particularly like him but he makes lots of sense.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:43 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
You might as well vote for Trump. I don't particularly like him but he makes lots of sense.

Odd you say this. We have quite a few Dem friends who never gave Trump any thought at all. In no shape way or form.

Truly and sincerely. You ought to hear them now. I think they are just sick and tired of the illegal mess to tell you the truth, and now with this situation, and the way OBAMA is acting and handling it. They are totally disgusted and feel let down by Man they voted for some twice.

More then half no joking will be voting for Trump even if just because, this means they are fed the hell up with a person they voted for. They happen to think Trump makes sense too, even if they do not agree with everything he says.

I talked to someone last night, who is so fed up with Obama and his antics, and having the wrong priorities, I am happy as heck, who cares the reason, they have now come to realize the man they voted for his not their Messiah.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:58 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Odd you say this. We have quite a few Dem friends who never gave Trump any thought at all. In no shape way or form.

Truly and sincerely. You ought to hear them now. I think they are just sick and tired of the illegal mess to tell you the truth, and now with this situation, and the way OBAMA is acting and handling it. They are totally disgusted and feel let down by Man they voted for some twice.

More then half no joking will be voting for Trump even if just because, this means they are fed the hell up with a person they voted for. They happen to think Trump makes sense too, even if they do not agree with everything he says.

I talked to someone last night, who is so fed up with Obama and his antics, and having the wrong priorities, I am happy as heck, who cares the reason, they have now come to realize the man they voted for his not their Messiah.
I think Trump will fix a lot of things for us. There will be voter ID, there will be controlled immigration. There will be jobs brought back to the US from overseas and there will be penalties for companies that outsource and put Americans out of work to save a few bucks. That's just a couple of things that Trump will accomplish.

And it will be nice to have a real American be the President again.

I also think he will be good for the Republican Party. He will help them focus on the truly important issues and drop some of the lamebrained idiocy that has sidetracked them for the last decade. Jobs, values, accountability...that is what Republicans should stand for.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:00 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
I have always been a strong supporter of President Obama, voted for him twice. When people said negative things about him, I always spoke up to defend him. However, because of recent events, I am rethinking my position.
Nobody supports a politician 100%. I don't always agree with Obama, but I feel I voted for the right person, considering the alternatives.

Quote:
What is disturbing me very much now is that he seems very weak to me in his foreign policies.........especially in light of the recent Paris attacks. He is still treating ISIS as if they are simply law breakers instead of waking up to realize they consider themselves a country and that they are a very serious threat to the rest of the world.
Where are you getting this stuff? He is not talking about letting "tons of refugees" enter our country, only 10,000. Are you listening to Donald Trump? Why are you afraid? Are you buying into the rumors that the Paris bombers were Syrian refugees? The attacks on Paris were committed by people who were from France and Belgium.

Please tell me what you mean by "they consider themselves a country." Which country?

How can you call Obama weak? You don't think we've sent enough drones to kill people in the Middle East? When we kill terrorists, we also kill innocent civilians. We just bombed a hospital for pity's sake. How can you say Obama is treating ISIS like a "simple law breaker?" That's ridiculous! Do we bomb car thieves and drug dealers?
Quote:
What also concerns me is that Hillary (who I would have probably voted for) seems to think along the same lines as Obama.
No, she is much more of a hawk than Obama. I am supporting Hillary (for now) but that's one thing that frightens me. We've been in a perpetual state of war for decades and we need to stop fighting battles in countries where there will never be a positive outcome. Still, any Democrat will be better than one of the Republicans currently running.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:01 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,225 times
I am not quite sure what people on this forum (low IQs in abundance noted) expect Obama to do? We have been bombing ISIS for over a year, Russia is doing the same, and now is France. Should we declare an all out war and send ground troops in? How many - thousands? For how long - decades? How much will it cost (lives without saying) - trillions? And what the **** is our objective - to "wipe out" ISIS? How the **** do you eradicate an ideology?

Its like we live in a society that cannot think. Some people seem to think that we can only possibly be doing something if we are blowing some **** up. I swear, we could elect Jeb who would literally have us at war AGAIN in the ME, put us trillions more in debt and cause more problems in the region, and the "send in the troops" peeps on this board would be his biggest cheerleaders.

Since 9/11 more toddlers with guns have killed Americans than ISIS - so what's with the sudden "let's spend trillions of dollars and risk our soldiers lives fighting these douchebags in the desert" crap?

Old 11-18-2015, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It is disconcerting when you watch the president give a speech about ISIL, and he seems bored and disinterested, and cautiously chooses he words so as not to cause ISIL members to tilt their heads or furrow a brow.
Bored? I saw a very angry man who is disgusted with the Republican politicians who are using a very serious situation for political gain by pandering to racism and fear.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
I am not quite sure what people on this forum (low IQs in abundance noted) expect Obama to do? We have been bombing ISIS for over a year, Russia is doing the same, and now is France. Should we declare an all out war and send ground troops in? How many - thousands? For how long - decades? How much will it cost (lives without saying) - trillions? And what the **** is our objective - to "wipe out" ISIS? How the **** do you eradicate an ideology?

Its like we live in a society that cannot think. Some people seem to think that we can only possibly be doing something if we are blowing some **** up. I swear, we could elect Jeb who would literally have us at war AGAIN in the ME, put us trillions more in debt and cause more problems in the region, and the "send in the troops" peeps on this board would be his biggest cheerleaders.

Since 9/11 more toddlers with guns have killed Americans than ISIS - so what's with the sudden "let's spend trillions of dollars and risk our soldiers lives fighting these douchebags in the desert" crap?
I can't give you another rep point, so I'll just say that I agree with your comment. (hope I'm not one of the low IQ people to whom you were referring!)

What this thread proves to me is that people are scared, which is exactly how the terrorists (and some Republicans) want us to feel. I mentioned this before, but last year a woman in Florida told me we were all going to die from Ebola and that Obama was being "weak" by not closing the borders. Apparently fear mongering does work.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:22 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:

What is disturbing me very much now is that he seems very weak to me in his foreign policies.........especially in light of the recent Paris attacks. He is still treating ISIS as if they are simply law breakers instead of waking up to realize they consider themselves a country and that they are a very serious threat to the rest of the world. He keeps talking about bringing the people who attack others to justice instead of acknowledging that there is a war going on and he needs to act now and do it in a forceful way. His bone head idea to take in tons of refugees also is guiding my dislike for his policies too.

What also concerns me is that Hillary (who I would have probably voted for) seems to think along the same lines as Obama. Not so sure who I would vote for now. Not ready to support a loose cannon like Trump yet, but I do think we need someone with some guts in that job, someone who will not play games with terrorist organizations and who is not afraid to meet force with force.

I don't want this to turn into another beat down Obama thread, just wanted to say that I am not as confident in him as I once was.

Don
I am a Republican and don't like most of them... I like Ben Carson.. he is strong.. like his common sense.

Trump can be a loose cannon but I do think if he becomes president, he will tone it down and become more presidential... hopefully he will make this country great again. He is attracting many people from all parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies