Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 08:49 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Please also do not forget that Tenet and others have now confirmed that they knew something was coming for months and nothing was done.
Intelligence tells us that today something is coming but they don'T know what or when. Terrorists hide,then strike. What you post is irrelevant . Even with more safeguards we are sitting ducks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 09:46 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Sure we can beat IS - not even close to being as formidable as Saddam's Republican Guard. You may even see it happen in the next 6 months but we need to learn from the past so we don't repeat it.

Most seem to miss is that:

1) we beat the Taliban in every battle - and 13+ years later they are still there
2) we beat Saddam in 3 weeks; years later we beat the Sunni insurgency in 3 months; 10+ years later IS still rose and are now are as bad or worse than Al Queda
3) Our so-called Allies (Turkey, Saudi, Kuwait, etc.) and Iran - are only too happy to have us bloody our hands killing Muslims - they keep theirs clean and then blame us for any negative results and we get to suffer the terror consequences.

The ME is a mess - one that we should stay out of. Our troops have no business being in the ME unless we are attacked in which case we should respond in kind.
That is just it, we beat little battles here and little battles there. We held ground and took a lot of casualties. The eraser was not used and they come right back....

Evil will always exploit good.... That is why war is hell.
Lebanon was a Judeo Christian Nation up until the 1980's and the muslims came in as refugees from Jordan(Ever hear of the Lebanese Liberation Army, part of the Muslim Brotherhood?) Their mission was to massacre Christians on the way to a front door to Israel. The Muslim Brotherhood, created in 1924, has made its way into the Whitehouse as they had originally planned in 1992 how to infiltrate political power in the west. CAIR for 1000, Alex....

Last edited by BentBow; 11-19-2015 at 10:01 AM..

Old 11-19-2015, 09:58 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Intelligence tells us that today something is coming but they don'T know what or when. Terrorists hide,then strike. What you post is irrelevant . Even with more safeguards we are sitting ducks.
Always have been. Whether we are watching a movie in our local movie theater, in school, or walking across campus. We can't control our own crazies who were raised in the same culture.

I learned that lesson 9-11 when sil watched it out his window, and had to walk to get his son, and then make their way 100 blocks north. Son was on the first charter allowed in the air, but somebody forgot to tell the Air Force. They were forced to land in somewhere Alabama, accompanied by 2 fighter planes. They did get to NYC.

The kindness of New Yorkers was evident everywhere.

Killing each other's kids for the next 100 years is not going to solve this problem. We need a new way of doing things.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:07 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Always have been. Whether we are watching a movie in our local movie theater, in school, or walking across campus. We can't control our own crazies who were raised in the same culture.

I learned that lesson 9-11 when sil watched it out his window, and had to walk to get his son, and then make their way 100 blocks north. Son was on the first charter allowed in the air, but somebody forgot to tell the Air Force. They were forced to land in somewhere Alabama, accompanied by 2 fighter planes. They did get to NYC.

The kindness of New Yorkers was evident everywhere.

Killing each other's kids for the next 100 years is not going to solve this problem. We need a new way of doing things.
It is not us but the muslims. They will Not quit. They want to destroy all Christians and Jews or convert them. One cannot negotiate with them because their absolute goal is to take over the world.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:47 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Bill O'Reilly: BillOReilly.com Column - Our Jayvee President

He seems disconnected from reality.

Old 11-19-2015, 06:31 PM

1,676 posts, read 945,482 times
Quote:
Please also do not forget that Tenet and others have now confirmed that they knew something was coming for months and nothing was done.
Just like now when we've been warned, but Obama and his liberal cronies continue insisting that ISIS is a JV Team that has been contained?

Old 11-19-2015, 06:42 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Same question... If GOP voters are "low information," why do they earn so much more than Dem voters, on average? Why are those who can't get a job that pays sufficient income to support themselves overwhelmingly Dem voters? How does "high info voter" translate so overwhelmingly into "I can't even earn enough to support myself?"
If they don't even earn enough to support themselves, how can that be taken as any kind of indication of having a high level of info?
You are equating high salary with being smart. Knowing something in one field does necessarily translate to being aware in all fields.

I once lent a fever thermometer to a neighbor because her child was ill. She returned a different one, I said this is not mine. She said we had to buy a new one because my husband boiled it to sterilize
it. He had a doctorate in Physics and did research at Wash u?

The people,I know making 250 a year have little interest in any government on any level. Work, kids and acquiring stuff is their priority.

Old 11-19-2015, 06:42 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Overwhelming force with no constraints. We wiped out , with allies, the Nazi ideology, and also the Japanese WWII mentality. Those shadows on sidewalks of Hiroshima were once our enemies.
Yikes. How can anyone post smiley faces after that statement? My skin is crawling.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:01 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,998 times
Wow! This thread is nothing but a bash fest. Nothing new. No real solutions to the problems at hand. President Obama has received nothing but this bashing for his entire presidency. My skin is more than crawling at these bash posts. I have not changed my opinion of the president since he was first voted into office. There are many more who think the same. No, I don't have any 'data' or poll numbers, but I won't blithely state a 'percentage' as I think for myself.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:13 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is not us but the muslims. They will Not quit. They want to destroy all Christians and Jews or convert them. One cannot negotiate with them because their absolute goal is to take over the world.
What does mean in practical terms? Are you suggesting we kill all Muslims including US citizens? Internment camps?
Deaths only create more terrorists, more radicals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies