Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 02:44 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
But despite your statement, Sharia is still about abuse and murder.

Dress police.
Stopping women's rights.
Beatings and other abuses along with murder of women and children.
Rape of women and children.
LOTS of rape and murder regarding non-Muslims near them.
Non productive and mostly on the dole 90%
Sharia law may be all you say or even worse.

But your original question was about banning sharia law.

And the answer remains the same. If american law and sharia law don't disagree, then sharia law doesn't need to be banned.

If sharia law disagrees with american law, then a perpetrator is prosecuted under american law, and sharia law doesn't need to be banned, since it never was in force anyway..

Our current SCOTUS has five roman catholics and two jews. Please explain under what possible circumstances they would uphold sharia law over american law. Not to mention all the lower court judges that any case would have to face.

The strongest protection we have is in the Constitution, which basically says that government is not religion's enforcement arm, and religion is not government's basis for passing law. Why do you have so little faith in american tradition and in your fellow americans?

Old 11-18-2015, 03:01 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Sharia law may be all you say or even worse.

But your original question was about banning sharia law.

And the answer remains the same. If american law and sharia law don't disagree, then sharia law doesn't need to be banned.

If sharia law disagrees with american law, then a perpetrator is prosecuted under american law, and sharia law doesn't need to be banned, since it never was in force anyway..

Our current SCOTUS has five roman catholics and two jews. Please explain under what possible circumstances they would uphold sharia law over american law. Not to mention all the lower court judges that any case would have to face.

The strongest protection we have is in the Constitution, which basically says that government is not religion's enforcement arm, and religion is not government's basis for passing law. Why do you have so little faith in american tradition and in your fellow americans?
I agree, Sharia should be given little power or consideration. Wish all courts would follow the law and always Judge the same way. There have been localized issues in Muslim areas in America though.
So we need to take nothing for granted.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:54 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
What is that, a restaurant or a prison community?

I'll show respect where I need to. I wouldn't yell inside a church or something like that. And I understand the health codes that require you to wear a shirt and shoes in certain places. And I try not to swear around people in public. But if I am out in the good old USA sitting in a public park, for instance, I'll wear what I please as long as it's within the laws of that particular city, county, state or this country. If I'm wearing shorts and someone comes up to me and tells me showing my legs is immodest, I'll laugh at them and then wiggle my toes at them.
It's a community of very orthodox Hasidic Jews in New York. I am trying to imagine the porcine squeals of rage if a Muslim community put up a sign like that.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:20 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,894,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It's a community of very orthodox Hasidic Jews in New York. I am trying to imagine the porcine squeals of rage if a Muslim community put up a sign like that.
Oh, I see no problems with anyone putting a sign up like that. You can put up a sign asking people to wear clown spots when they walk in front of your house. But enforcing something like that is what we're questioning here.

I'm just saying, if there's a Hasidic church (or house or party somewhere) and I am invited in, I'll dress and act as they request out of respect.

If there is a Hasidic neighborhood and a public street runs through it and I want to walk on that public street, I'll dress as I please. Again, this is America and our laws trump religion - everyone's religion. That's why if your religion includes sacrificing chickens, too bad, that's against the law here. Same if your religion includes shooting your daughter because she doesn't marry who you pick out for her or cutting off someone's hands if they steal something.

I guess I'm just saying to the world, I don't give a happy rat's butt what religion you say you are - if it conflicts with US law, put your religious laws where the sun doesn't shine and if you want to make an issue out of that, here I am. And I'll still say that, no matter how many planes people crash or how many abortion clinics get blown up. Nobody's specific religion is going to take over the US while I have anything to say about it and that's the end of that.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:09 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,076,689 times
Yes, we have the U.S. Constitution, U.S. Code, Every state has a Constitution and a Criminal procedure law and a penal code. You would think that's all that would be needed that when a Judge is sworn in to preserve and protect, that they would abide by there sworn oath. But we always hear about the rogue Judge. It's because of them that laws have to be passed to ban Sharia.

Old 11-19-2015, 05:51 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Oh, I see no problems with anyone putting a sign up like that. You can put up a sign asking people to wear clown spots when they walk in front of your house. But enforcing something like that is what we're questioning here.

I'm just saying, if there's a Hasidic church (or house or party somewhere) and I am invited in, I'll dress and act as they request out of respect.

If there is a Hasidic neighborhood and a public street runs through it and I want to walk on that public street, I'll dress as I please. Again, this is America and our laws trump religion - everyone's religion. That's why if your religion includes sacrificing chickens, too bad, that's against the law here. Same if your religion includes shooting your daughter because she doesn't marry who you pick out for her or cutting off someone's hands if they steal something.

I guess I'm just saying to the world, I don't give a happy rat's butt what religion you say you are - if it conflicts with US law, put your religious laws where the sun doesn't shine and if you want to make an issue out of that, here I am. And I'll still say that, no matter how many planes people crash or how many abortion clinics get blown up. Nobody's specific religion is going to take over the US while I have anything to say about it and that's the end of that.
That looked like a private development to me. If that's the case, yes, they can enforce a dress code.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:26 AM

314 posts, read 400,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Under our laws we are not to govern by religion
Tell that to judge Roy Moore.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
That looked like a private development to me. If that's the case, yes, they can enforce a dress code.
Like a condo development - they can ban certain colors of houses and things of that nature. That makes sense. But even so, this community still can't do something illegal just because it's a "private" community. If they made it a point to pass around the cocaine, their fannies would be in jail as soon as anyone else's. Likewise, unless they put up a wall, how are they going to stop their members from seeing women with their arms uncovered? Private or not, their influence stops at the boundaries. If their eyes go a little further than that, well, that's not my problem.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finecognac View Post
Tell that to judge Roy Moore.
Tell that to George w. Bush and Ben Carson!

Old 11-19-2015, 11:48 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Like a condo development - they can ban certain colors of houses and things of that nature. That makes sense. But even so, this community still can't do something illegal just because it's a "private" community. If they made it a point to pass around the cocaine, their fannies would be in jail as soon as anyone else's. Likewise, unless they put up a wall, how are they going to stop their members from seeing women with their arms uncovered? Private or not, their influence stops at the boundaries. If their eyes go a little further than that, well, that's not my problem.
You really can't compare a population where 25% or more are acting out as a violent death cult with a condo/apartment association IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies