Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 09:30 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
LOL do you work for the NRA or gun manufacturers? Nice attempt to pump even more guns into America
Don't have to. Your little tin God, Obama, is doing a fine job of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 09:38 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Did you bother to read the article? It was a face-to-face sale. Armslist is being sued because they "facilitated the sale". Wisconsin does not require a permit to purchase a pistol. The failure here is on the part of the seller, not Armslist.

A snippet from the article...

"Haughton then contacted Devin Linn to buy a .40-caliber handgun Linn had posted for sale. Haughton also said he needed high-capacity magazines. The pair met and made the deal in the front seat of Linn's car in a McDonald's parking lot in Germantown on Oct. 20, 2012, the day before the shooting. Haughton paid Linn $500 for the gun and magazines. Linn did not return calls for comment Thursday."

And another one...

"Haughton was able to buy a gun despite a Milwaukee County judge issuing a restraining order against him just three days before the shooting. The restraining order barred him under federal law from owning a firearm or buying one from a gun dealer.
Haughton sidestepped the federal law by purchasing the gun privately.
Private sellers are not required to run background checks and do not have to follow a 48-hour waiting period, required at the time of the shooting for gun dealers in Wisconsin."

You seem to think that arranging a deal online is the same as buying a firearm online. It's not. Sorry. That dog don't hunt.
Another swing and a miss. LOL
Firearms Shipping Guide- GunBroker.com Help Center
Pretty much spells it out.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:39 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,836,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
Don't have to. Your little tin God, Obama, is doing a fine job of that.
Isn't it funny how I try to call out a deliberate lie and all of a sudden I'm a shill for the NRA or a gun company?

I'm still waiting on a an order confirmation or anything showing me someone bought a gun online and having it shipped to their home. I thought this would have been easy.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:47 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Isn't it funny how I try to call out a deliberate lie and all of a sudden I'm a shill for the NRA or a gun company?

I'm still waiting on a an order confirmation or anything showing me someone bought a gun online and having it shipped to their home. I thought this would have been easy.
It's par for the corse. I have been told that the NRA makes all its money by selling guns.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:55 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,836,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
It's par for the corse. I have been told that the NRA makes all its money by selling guns.
Makes no difference that NRA is a 501 (c)(3). They're teh debils!

Old 11-18-2015, 05:56 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Did you bother to read the article? It was a face-to-face sale. Armslist is being sued because they "facilitated the sale". Wisconsin does not require a permit to purchase a pistol. The failure here is on the part of the seller, not Armslist.

A snippet from the article...

"Haughton then contacted Devin Linn to buy a .40-caliber handgun Linn had posted for sale. Haughton also said he needed high-capacity magazines. The pair met and made the deal in the front seat of Linn's car in a McDonald's parking lot in Germantown on Oct. 20, 2012, the day before the shooting. Haughton paid Linn $500 for the gun and magazines. Linn did not return calls for comment Thursday."

And another one...

"Haughton was able to buy a gun despite a Milwaukee County judge issuing a restraining order against him just three days before the shooting. The restraining order barred him under federal law from owning a firearm or buying one from a gun dealer.
Haughton sidestepped the federal law by purchasing the gun privately.
Private sellers are not required to run background checks and do not have to follow a 48-hour waiting period, required at the time of the shooting for gun dealers in Wisconsin."

You seem to think that arranging a deal online is the same as buying a firearm online. It's not. Sorry. That dog don't hunt.
He still contacted the seller online through Armslist, without their website facilitating the contact there is no sale.

Most websites such as Ebay, Craigslist refuse to accept gun advertisements. Why is the ability to ship so important, very easy to search for a dealer in your area as was the case here.

Old 11-18-2015, 06:27 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No need to prove what already exists.

Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence
anyone of us w/o an ffl would be classified as an unlicensed seller.

purchase online goes thru an ffl and then a nics check depending on the state.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:03 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He still contacted the seller online through Armslist, without their website facilitating the contact there is no sale.

Most websites such as Ebay, Craigslist refuse to accept gun advertisements. Why is the ability to ship so important, very easy to search for a dealer in your area as was the case here.
Most major newspapers (at least in the south) still have guns in their classifieds section. Facebook even has private groups for arranging face to face sales of guns.

As long as there are buyers and sellers, they will figure out a way to meet.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:08 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Another swing and a miss. LOL
Firearms Shipping Guide- GunBroker.com Help Center
Pretty much spells it out.
armslist is not gunbroker....

Old 11-18-2015, 07:25 AM

401 posts, read 287,448 times
I have only bought guns at a local flea market...theres always many sellers there and there are always brand new guns for a big discount over any gun store price. No checks, no waiting, no names, cash only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies