Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 10:00 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,053,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeSuisFrance View Post
Reading comments on this forum and elsewhere on American boards and sites, it seems like people support and care so much about veterans which is good to an extent but think about it twice - why put so much money into military and vets that cost tax payers billions of dollars when the authority could think twice and maybe perhaps stop putting so much money and invest in your own country instead? Why does America need to spend so much money and why not spend as much money as Canada, UK, Sweden, France, Germany and other countries does?! I also think that some vets who join the army are lazy individuals who go for the easy way getting free housing, college education, support, etc. by risking their lives rather than doing like most other people working on their own and pay for their own stuff. Don't get me wrong or offended, but would never allow my child to join the army to go the easy and lazy way around getting free 'living' without an education and regular hard work, no freebies!
I would not say lazy but it is a career choice for most, at least the guys I grew up with and kids I talk to today. The hero worship that is pushed IMO is just Propaganda put out there to recruit more desperate men and women who in this day and age can not afford college or get a stable job. There was a reason tuition free college ended in the 70s at the same time the draft ended.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:19 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,253,222 times
Quote:
Reading comments on this forum and elsewhere on American boards and sites, it seems like people support and care so much about veterans which is good to an extent but think about it twice - why put so much money into military and vets that cost tax payers billions of dollars when the authority could think twice and maybe perhaps stop putting so much money and invest in your own country instead? Why does America need to spend so much money and why not spend as much money as Canada, UK, Sweden, France, Germany and other countries does?! I also think that some vets who join the army are lazy individuals who go for the easy way getting free housing, college education, support, etc. by risking their lives rather than doing like most other people working on their own and pay for their own stuff. Don't get me wrong or offended, but would never allow my child to join the army to go the easy and lazy way around getting free 'living' without an education and regular hard work, no freebies!
I bet you have never heard of Normandy .

Old 11-18-2015, 02:24 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No one sent my Father, Uncles, Aunts, Cousins, Sons or Myself off to fight anywhere or anything, everyone of us Joined. Oh and every one of is considered to be a Liberal.
Thank you for your service!

Old 11-18-2015, 05:11 PM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorhead1977 View Post
It's also what conservatives see as someone else's kids to fight a war that will rake millions in for their friends. You want to play that game, well here you go.
I served 8 years in the Navy in Desert Storm and Bosnia. Dad, uncle, brother-in-law, father-in-law, & wife's nephew served in the Navy in WW2, Korea, Vietnam, and the current war. Grandfather, uncle, & brother-in-law served in Army in WW2, Korea, and Desert Storm.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:16 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times
Quote:

As a veteran let me say 1 thing... You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. There is nothing lazy about the US military.

The rest of your post is total nonsense. Anything else I have to say will get me banned.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:16 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Cheney? Tancredo? Rove? Bush? Delay? Santorum? Rubio? Christie? Cruz? About the only one you got is Sarah Palin....who I doubt you love.
Clinton? Obama? Truman? Johnson? Wilson? Roosevelt? Kennedy?

Those were all actual presidents who sent people off to war, unlike your list.

So, again, you lose.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:17 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times
Quote:
It's also what conservatives see as someone else's kids to fight a war that will rake millions in for their friends. You want to play that game, well here you go.

It's mostly conservatives that serve. I'm one of them.

Liberals run away to Canada.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:28 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
It's mostly conservatives that serve. I'm one of them.

Liberals run away to Canada.
That's nonsense. My neighbours and a few guys I worked with were dodgers from the U.S. and they were all Social Credistes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social...arty_of_Canada

Old 11-18-2015, 05:33 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Yeah right. Having your legs blown off so you can sit on your lazy a** all day is the easy way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies