Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 09:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Only a very, very small percentage of ISIS falls within your example, and most of them that do are not terrorists. And of course, there were Germans and Japanese and Koreans after their war who did not follow what you consider a reasonable reaction.
I asked what you would do and it doesn't take very many does it?

Quote:
Resorting to terrorism is actually the minority reaction to your example.
They call it retaliating. We had NO excuse or reason to bomb Syria in the first place.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:25 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As will attacking countries that have done absolutely nothing to us. Wrong is wrong. We have caused thousands of deaths needlessly.

We killed more innocent people with one bomb into a hospital than they have in stoning people in years.
I'm sorry, but neither country was innocent in this instance. Iraq was invaded for continuously flaunting the surrender agreement they signed after the first Gulf War. They kicked out weapons inspectors for years, and sponsored terrorism, and attempted to assassinate a U.S. president (the elder Bush).

And Afghanistan under the Taliban was just as bad. They allowed OBL and al Qaeda to train there so they could plan the 9/11 attacks and I'm sure other earlier attacks as well.

To say that they did absolutely nothing to us is just wrong.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Retaliation to being attacked does not = terrorist attack.
EXACTLY! We were retaliating against THEM for being attacked on 9/11!

Old 11-19-2015, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I'm sorry, but neither country was innocent in this instance.

I'm not sure how many times I need to point this out. Just because they are wrong does not excuse us.

Quote:
Iraq was invaded for continuously flaunting the surrender agreement they signed after the first Gulf War. They kicked out weapons inspectors for years, and sponsored terrorism, and attempted to assassinate a U.S. president (the elder Bush).
I'll not rehash things that have been debunked for years.

Quote:
And Afghanistan under the Taliban was just as bad. They allowed OBL and al Qaeda to train there so they could plan the 9/11 attacks and I'm sure other earlier attacks as well.
We trained Timothy McVeigh.

Quote:
To say that they did absolutely nothing to us is just wrong.
They did nothing. And even if they did that was 14 years ago....what is the point now?

Old 11-19-2015, 10:42 AM

Quote:
EXACTLY! We were retaliating against THEM for being attacked on 9/11!
Which they were retaliating for..........a never ending story.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure how many times I need to point this out. Just because they are wrong does not excuse us.

I'll not rehash things that have been debunked for years.

We trained Timothy McVeigh.

They did nothing. And even if they did that was 14 years ago....what is the point now?
Are you saying Saddam Hussein did not kick out UN Weapons inspectors and not allow them back in for years, and we had no right to enforce our agreement? We should have just let them go on indefinitely?

Personally, I didn't support the Iraq War so I hate defending it here, but to say we had no right to go there is just not reality. We had the right, but we probably should have considered all the consequences a little more.

And, yeah, we've trained a lot of sick idiots, including Timothy McVeigh and Lee Harvey Oswald. So what? It doesn't make us evil.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:56 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,846,702 times
Triple Cross: Bin Laden's Spy in America (2006 TV Movie) Nat'l Geographic Video

http://www.amazon.com/Triple-Cross-B...DateDescending

This is the true story of Egyptian spy Ali Mohamed. He infiltrated U.S. intelligence agencies, including the CIA and FBI, and joined the U.S. Army. At the same time, he took orders from the Egyptian Islamic Jihad terrorist organization and later joined forces with al Qaeda. He trained Osama bin Laden's jihadist warriors and helped plan terrorist attacks including the 1998 African embassy bombings.

How did Ali A. Mohamed, a radical ex-Egyptian Army sergeant, survive inside the United States for more than 14 years as a mole for Egyptian Islamic Jihad and al Qaeda? This master spy convinced the CIA to hire him and worked for the FBI as an informant, but he was "triple crossing" U.S. officials. This special connects the dots using insight from FBI, military and justice department officials who help reveal how one man exploited gaps in the U.S. intelligence community.

I saw Triple Cross:Bin Laden's Spy In America several years ago when it aired on the National Geographic Channel. It is a gripping story of the ineptness of our CIA,FBI and DOD! Even after Egypt warned us that Ali Mohamed was dismissed from the Egyptian army for being a radical Muslim they still allowed him to join our military, where he proceeded to create the training manuals for the future Al-Qaeda,and recruited terrorists in America's mosques from coast to coast!
Will surely make all viewers ask themselves WHY,and many more questions about our government that NEED to be asked!

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 11-19-2015 at 11:07 AM..

Old 11-19-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Are you saying Saddam Hussein did not kick out UN Weapons inspectors and not allow them back in for years, and we had no right to enforce our agreement? We should have just let them go on indefinitely?
Basically yeah, we had no right. Why no war with Pakistan? India? Israel? Russia? China? Why only Iraq?

Quote:
Personally, I didn't support the Iraq War so I hate defending it here, but to say we had no right to go there is just not reality. We had the right, but we probably should have considered all the consequences a little more.
You hate doing it but damned if you will let that stop you.

Quote:
And, yeah, we've trained a lot of sick idiots, including Timothy McVeigh and Lee Harvey Oswald. So what? It doesn't make us evil.
If we had lost the Revolutionary War, Jefferson and Washington would have likely been tried and executed for treason.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:21 AM

563 posts, read 524,202 times
The announcement that 1000+Imams? What does that even mean? It seems like these Imams do not carry much sway with many in Islam. Are there really a thousand? This number seems to be about as verifiable as Ben Carson's childhood. Even if Google were to believe this claim and post it as fact, how would they really know for certain. Additionally, the number 1,000, seems like it could have been pulled straight out of the Koran. This claim seems to raise questions of credibility and perhaps even relevance. Imam's in India? I don't think that it will make many of us sleep better at night.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:05 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
I asked what you would do and it doesn't take very many does it?

They call it retaliating. We had NO excuse or reason to bomb Syria in the first place.
You mean ISIS - who happened to be IN Syria at the time. And I guess by "we" you mean the international coalition which is involved in the air strikes against ISIS in Syria.

And I guess you're forgetting about ISIS beheading Americans.

My gosh, you're acting as if the United States is just dropping bombs randomly on Syria just because we feel like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies