Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 03:25 PM

1,676 posts, read 945,849 times

Advertisements

No they shouldn't have. Israel has ALWAYS been Jewish land. Look up the flag for the British Mandate of Palestine, or their currency. Look up any ancient history book or documentary. The Jews returned to our land. Maybe the Palestinians should do the same and go back to Egypt and Jordan.

And once again, why should we think the Palestinians would have a fair shot, when Arab countries have and STILL haven't prospered, but instead engage in extremism? Your argument doesn't make any sense, and sounds like Obama's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 03:25 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
The West Bank was never "Palestinian" land, no matter how many times you try to convince us otherwise, it will never be true. Jordan was ruling over that land when they attacked Israel and LOST. Now Israel is just supposed to give it back (not even to the Jordanians mind you) to create a new Gaza for what exactly?
I am not try to convince you of anything, that is just what the people who live in West Bank call themselves. This is why I don't ever expect to see this issue settled in my lifetime, we all know the West Bank and Gaza Strip exist, we all know there are people who live there that do not have the same freedoms that others have in other parts of Israel. This is what causes tension. We also know those two areas of land wish to gain statehood to govern themselves.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:26 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well in 1948, the British were seen as an invading force and treated as such. I don't think any agreement was going to come out of that. Had the British invasion never happened, we wouldn't be talking about this today.

The 2008 plan was a weak attempt from Israel to try and swap useless land for the land the Israelis had settled on within the West Bank. So again, I can understand why that was rejected. If Israel is ever interested in presenting an honest offer, it will be returning all of the land within the West Bank and Gaza Strip back to the Palestinians, and allowing them to have their statehood without Israeli occupation.
Let's see what you know and don't know. Let's cover one region at a time: The Gaza Strip.

As of 2005 it has a defined border. There are no Jews, no IDF and no Israeli security check points in the Gaza Strip. There are defined border crossings into Israel and into Egypt. Since 2005, what legal growth directions have the Arabs followed in order to have real economic growth in that region?

Old 11-19-2015, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
No they shouldn't have. Israel has ALWAYS been Jewish land. Look up the flag for the British Mandate of Palestine, or their currency. Look up any ancient history book or documentary. The Jews returned to our land. Maybe the Palestinians should do the same and go back to Egypt and Jordan.

And once again, why should we think the Palestinians would have a fair shot, when Arab countries have and STILL haven't prospered, but instead engage in extremism? Your argument doesn't make any sense, and sounds like Obama's.
And many different empires controlled that land, so no it hasn't "always been Jewish land." The British invaded the Middle East to create the state of Israel. This is historical information that we all know. Also you realize a number of Arab countries are prospering quite well, though I get you are trying to make a generalized statement to try to prove a point.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:30 PM

To recreate the state of Israel, you mean. Israel was occupied by other countries---maybe now you'll understand it better, since I put it in language that you can understand. Nevertheless, Jews always lived there, no matter who controlled it. As far as you not thinking the issue will be solved in your lifetime, I know it will be solved soon, just not in the way that you like.

And other Arab nations prosper? What, the oil-rich Gulf states, with their people being oppressed and poor? Just because you have beach resorts and pretty skyscrapers doesn't mean the nation is doing very well on a whole.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Let's see what you know and don't know. Let's cover one region at a time: The Gaza Strip.

As of 2005 it has a defined border. There are no Jews, no IDF and no Israeli security check points in the Gaza Strip. There are defined border crossings into Israel and into Egypt. Since 2005, what legal growth directions have the Arabs followed in order to have real economic growth in that region?
Why start with the Gaza Strip? We should be starting with the West Bank.

Though starting with Gaza Strip, do they have access to the West Bank? Are they able to use ports for shipping as well as getting good to and from the West Bank? The better question is, what connections to those in Gaza Strip have to the West Bank and other countries?

It is hard for an area to have any real economic growth when they are cut off from the outside.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:33 PM

The only thing they'd ship in are weapons. This has been proven time and time again. Israel lets them have imports after they pass a thorough inspection. And why should Gaza be connected to the West Bank? We're not connected to Hawaii or Alaska, yet it's still ours? Oman and Azerbaijan have territory that isn't connected to them either, and so does Turkey and the United Kingdom.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
To recreate the state of Israel, you mean. Israel was occupied by other countries---maybe now you'll understand it better, since I put it in language that you can understand. Nevertheless, Jews always lived there, no matter who controlled it. As far as you not thinking the issue will be solved in your lifetime, I know it will be solved soon, just not in the way that you like.

And other Arab nations prosper? What, the oil-rich Gulf states, with their people being oppressed and poor? Just because you have beach resorts and pretty skyscrapers doesn't mean the nation is doing very well on a whole.
One could say the same thing about the US as well. Though again you continue to make generalizations about an entire region in hopes that I won't notice.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
The only thing they'd ship in are weapons. This has been proven time and time again. Israel lets them have imports after they pass a thorough inspection. And why should Gaza be connected to the West Bank? We're not connected to Hawaii or Alaska, yet it's still ours? Oman and Azerbaijan have territory that isn't connected to them either, and so does Turkey and the United Kingdom.
Last time I checked, we can travel to and from Alaska and Hawaii, I wasn't talking about a physical land connection between the two areas.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
One could say the same thing about the US as well. Though again you continue to make generalizations about an entire region in hopes that I won't notice.
Not an entire region, just the Arab World. Turkey and Israel are doing really well, and even Iran and the Kurds, to some degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies