Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 08:15 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times

Advertisements

I wonder if these governors lock their doors at night? have fences.. live anywhere near middle class or lower neighborhoods or have a clue how much a loaf of bread costs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 08:17 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Terrorist threat aside, my question is.. where are these refugees going to live and who is going to pay for it???

You can bet your azz they wont taking up in a spare room of the white house or any of the governors mansions...

So yea, its easy to say come on, your welcome in my state/country - as long as you stay on the other side of the tracks.
We have always taken in refugees, this is nothing new.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:18 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,521,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Conservatives are about as consistent as the bible.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:19 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We have always taken in refugees, this is nothing new.
nothing new? when in history have we taken in refugees in a case where there was a fair chance some would commit terrorists acts?

Old 11-18-2015, 08:19 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
States that have surrendered to ISIS (map):

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/...psebcsoq8x.jpg
That's completely backwards. States wanting to allow in muslims are surrendering to the global caliphate.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:28 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,096,310 times
When it comes to destinations, and considering all the hatred directed at them from some of our citizens, the Syrians who end up getting stuck here may feel like they're getting the short end of the stick.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:38 PM

271 posts, read 390,323 times
Glad I live in a state without an Obama butt-kissing governor.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:00 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple1975 View Post
Glad I live in a state without an Obama butt-kissing governor.

I am thrilled for you, not for my stupid STATE.
And what will the first Governor do, who has a refugee that kills someone just because!

Old 11-18-2015, 09:01 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I wonder if these governors lock their doors at night? have fences.. live anywhere near middle class or lower neighborhoods or have a clue how much a loaf of bread costs
Our governor's personal residence is in a middle class neighborhood. Her husband works a decidedly middle class job. Quite sure they know how much bread costs since they go to the store and buy it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1
That's completely backwards. States wanting to allow in muslims are surrendering to the global caliphate.
No.

No matter how much hateful right wingers try to paint a billion+ people as a bunch of Sharia-loving terrorists, it's still not true.

You want to empower ISIS and increase the threat of radical Islam? Just do what Republicans are currently doing and make it clear that all the horrible things the extremists say about us are true. IS wants Muslims to associate western countries with hatred against Muslims.

The right is playing right into their hands. Al Qaeda set out to destroy us from within and that's exactly what the right set about doing. IS sees western hatred for Muslims as key to their success, and once again, the right is giving them exactly what they want.

If you want to defeat IS, it's probably not the best idea to do exactly what they want us to do. Why not cut out all the noise and just go ask al-Baghdadi for foreign policy advice?

As an aside, here's a fun fact. We had al-Baghdadi in custody in 2004 but released him.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:07 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,096,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Our governor's personal residence is in a middle class neighborhood. Her husband works a decidedly middle class job. Quite sure they know how much bread costs since they go to the store and buy it.
No.

No matter how much hateful right wingers try to paint a billion+ people as a bunch of Sharia-loving terrorists, it's still not true.

You want to empower ISIS and increase the threat of radical Islam? Just do what Republicans are currently doing and make it clear that all the horrible things the extremists say about us are true. IS wants Muslims to associate western countries with hatred against Muslims.

The right is playing right into their hands. Al Qaeda set out to destroy us from within and that's exactly what the right set about doing. IS sees western hatred for Muslims as key to their success, and once again, the right is giving them exactly what they want.

If you want to defeat IS, it's probably not the best idea to do exactly what they want us to do. Why not cut out all the noise and just go ask al-Baghdadi for foreign policy advice?
Why does the right think ISIS said they were going to sneak in with the Syrians? Think that they would tell people that if they didn't want to sow fear of Syrians, thus driving the west away from the Syrians and getting the Syrians all butt hurt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies