Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 10:27 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times

Advertisements

Montel Williams deplores lack media coverage of Iraq casualties. Fox network drops the Montel Williams shows from 17 of it’s stations across the nation. Montel will be going off the air totally. Why is Fox and the other news media so against providing coverage of this type of issue? This is a war and they want to put it on the back burner and talk about fluff news. What the hell is wrong in America when the media is owned and controlled by the rightwing conservatives who only want their agenda to be aired? Fascist media propaganda and lack of important real news!

News Hounds: Montel Williams deplores lack of Iraq casulaties coverage as media obsesses about Heath Ledger (http://www.newshounds.us/2008/01/28/montel_williams_deplores_lack_of_iraq_casulaties_c overage_as_media_obsesses_about_heath_ledger.php - broken link)

The BRAD BLOG : Montel Williams' Show Dropped After Standing up for the Troops on Fox 'News'...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 10:41 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
What the hell is wrong in America when the media is owned and controlled by the rightwing conservatives who only want their agenda to be aired?

I'm a lifelong Republican voter. In the past, I've made donations to the Republican party. They used to stand for solid principles like responsible fiscal policy, separation of church and state, and minimal intervention in foreign affairs. But those days have come to a screeching halt. The party has been taken over by mindless religious zealots and cowardly corporate toadies who refused military service in their own time but chafe at the bit to start wars for other families to send their young into.

And Fox has become the corporate mouthpiece for these neocons.

I may never vote for another Republican.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:02 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Montel Williams deplores lack media coverage of Iraq casualties. Fox network drops the Montel Williams shows from 17 of it’s stations across the nation. Montel will be going off the air totally. Why is Fox and the other news media so against providing coverage of this type of issue? This is a war and they want to put it on the back burner and talk about fluff news. What the hell is wrong in America when the media is owned and controlled by the rightwing conservatives who only want their agenda to be aired? Fascist media propaganda and lack of important real news!

News Hounds: Montel Williams deplores lack of Iraq casulaties coverage as media obsesses about Heath Ledger (http://www.newshounds.us/2008/01/28/montel_williams_deplores_lack_of_iraq_casulaties_c overage_as_media_obsesses_about_heath_ledger.php - broken link)

The BRAD BLOG : Montel Williams' Show Dropped After Standing up for the Troops on Fox 'News'...
That is something that has always bothered me. Montel Williams losing his job over his comments is a pathetic commentary on FOX news. Not that i needed to see this to confirm my opinion on them.
Besides the US military casualties, why does no one talk about the iraqi casualties? The US miltary, while tragic at least are people that voluntarily ENLISTED into the military. The iraqi civilians did not enlist in this war, yet they are paying a very high price.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:15 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,969 times
Do you really think leftwing nut shows like CNN Commi News Network would show anything that is a good thing? No. So dont blame Fox, blame them all, the lib media purposely has skewed the results to show nothing but bad things and will never show a positive.
Typical left wing freaks who will do anything to make Iraq a failure to help their adgenda.
What happen to the 6 marines who were called killers by the looney left and traitor Jack Murtha? They showed this moron on CNN over and over and over again calling them murderers, killed in cold blood etc but now all 6 were found innocent, you dont see it at all.
See the idea !!

Old 02-02-2008, 11:29 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Isn’t FOX professing to be fair and balanced?

And there isn’t much of any left wing media, if so tell me who owns it?

Old 02-02-2008, 11:46 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Question Why won't FOX support the troops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Do you really think leftwing nut shows like CNN Commi News Network would show anything that is a good thing? No. So dont blame Fox, blame them all, the lib media purposely has skewed the results to show nothing but bad things and will never show a positive.
Typical left wing freaks who will do anything to make Iraq a failure to help their adgenda.
What happen to the 6 marines who were called killers by the looney left and traitor Jack Murtha? They showed this moron on CNN over and over and over again calling them murderers, killed in cold blood etc but now all 6 were found innocent, you dont see it at all.
See the idea !!

YouTube - Montel turns the tables on a Fox Morning Television show

YouTube - Outfoxed: Fox News: Everything in Iraq is great!

YouTube - Outfoxed: Bill O'Reilly attacks 9/11 victim's son

Last edited by skoro; 02-02-2008 at 12:06 PM..

Old 02-02-2008, 12:02 PM

309 posts, read 365,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Isn’t FOX professing to be fair and balanced?

And there isn’t much of any left wing media, if so tell me who owns it?
I don't think ANY of the media outlets are truly FAIR and BALANCED!
FOX NEWS......way far right!
MANY of the rest are too far LEFT!
So......I watch bits of each and SEARCH for as close to some form of fair & balanced news......or just read between the lines the best I can and come up with my own conclusions which, I figure........is best.
Either way, I KNOW ALL news is NOT fair or balanced as it SHOULD be and they only tell us what they WANT us to know........true or not.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:12 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
So, before I decide to get outraged, what were Montel's Abritron ratings? How did they compare to his past ratings, and against his competition?

Old 02-02-2008, 03:19 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,985,006 times
It's more about the news media. Seems we ALL agree on this one.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:49 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
So, before I decide to get outraged, what were Montel's Abritron ratings? How did they compare to his past ratings, and against his competition?
Do you really think that could be an overriding factor for him to mention Iraq?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies