Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 06:59 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This may get through the senate but I doubt it, in the end I cannot believe that the US congress would actually not accept women and children that are desperate when nations like France and Germany are taking in hundreds of thousands. This is a truly sad statement regardless if the veto is overridden.
That's a ridiculous argument. Hundreds of thousands of Germans were refugees during WWII and we didn't take them in. Germans starved by the millions and instead of rescuing them we firebombed their cities. Most of them weren't Nazi's. Most of them were innocent. But it had to be done to win the war. Most historians agree that the allies winning WWII was the better outcome, regardless of the costs on both sides.

History will judge our generation with contempt if we allow the Muslim militants to continue to wreak havoc around the World. They will eventually get access to a nuclear weapon and when they do millions of innocent people will die. They need to be stopped and as unpleasant as it is, we have to do what's necessary to stop them.

Muslim militants blow up our planes, our buildings, our pentagon, our embassies, our consulates, our ships, our marathons, and our soldiers. They chant Allah Al Akbar in the streets when Americans die. We are war and it's time we start acting like it.

Also, you might take note that other Middle Eastern countries aren't taking these refugees in. Why is that?

As far as I'm concerned not vetting these refugees before admitting them is the height of stupidity.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:17 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
That's a ridiculous argument. Hundreds of thousands of Germans were refugees during WWII and we didn't take them in. Germans starved by the millions and instead of rescuing them we firebombed their cities. Most of them weren't Nazi's. Most of them were innocent. But it had to be done to win the war. Most historians agree that the allies winning WWII was the better outcome, regardless of the costs on both sides.

History will judge our generation with contempt if we allow the Muslim militants to continue to wreak havoc around the World. They will eventually get access to a nuclear weapon and when they do millions of innocent people will die. They need to be stopped and as unpleasant as it is, we have to do what's necessary to stop them.

Muslim militants blow up our planes, our buildings, our pentagon, our embassies, our consulates, our ships, our marathons, and our soldiers. They chant Allah Al Akbar in the streets when Americans die. We are war and it's time we start acting like it.

Also, you might take note that other Middle Eastern countries aren't taking these refugees in. Why is that?

As far as I'm concerned not vetting these refugees before admitting them is the height of stupidity.
Where did the WW2 analogy come from is that the standard?

These are innocent people for the most part women and children, they are already here and for the most part peaceful. Generalizing and equating innocent people to the very same radicals that they are running from is an absurd argument.

Turkey, Jordan and other ME countries are in fact taking in refugees to the breaking point and we need to make it more difficult to accept any refugees to the point that they may never come.

They are already vetted under existing policy which you obviously know nothing about, approximately 90% are rejected for various reasons. Rad up on the existing policy and proposed changes before you make you state an opinion.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:25 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:

No doubt....we need to cheer their deaths......rah, rah.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:27 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
DO you honestly believe that ?
About Democrats, the party whose figurehead (Hilary Clinton) met with Michael Brown's mother because her poor son (a thug who almost killed a cop) was killed by a cop. Democrats are evil and need to be stopped as soon as possible.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:57 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No doubt....we need to cheer their deaths......rah, rah.
I fought in Iraq as a member of a scout/sniper platoon in the airborne infantry, so if you don't mind I won't ever cheer for death on either side. But that's because I probably know a little more about what the dark places of the World look like than you do.

However, I can assure you that they cheer our deaths. They would dance in the street if they had the opportunity to cut your head off, even as you worked to protect their rights. You are obviously an idealist and that's fine. I don't begrudge you your opinions. I base my opinion on the reality I experienced over there in the sandbox, along with the cumulative experiences of many of my friends who went back there over and over again. Most of those of us who served sadly accept the harsh, ugly reality that is this war.

You might not like the fact that combat vets like myself have long understood that the only way we are going to win this war is to take the gloves off, stop apologizing, and commit ourselves to victory no matter the costs. We are at war. This is a clash of ideals. We need to win.

People like you can pass judgement and express your outrage publicly without concern for your own safety because rough men stand ready in the night to kill on your behalf. Without us, people like you would be a 2 minute ISIS video.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:24 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
I fought in Iraq as a member of a scout/sniper platoon in the airborne infantry, so if you don't mind I won't ever cheer for death on either side. But that's because I probably know a little more about what the dark places of the World look like than you do.

However, I can assure you that they cheer our deaths. They would dance in the street if they had the opportunity to cut your head off, even as you worked to protect their rights. You are obviously an idealist and that's fine. I don't begrudge you your opinions. I base my opinion on the reality I experienced over there in the sandbox, along with the cumulative experiences of many of my friends who went back there over and over again. Most of those of us who served sadly accept the harsh, ugly reality that is this war.
I'm a realist....we cheer deaths also.

Quote:
You might not like the fact that combat vets like myself have long understood that the only way we are going to win this war is to take the gloves off, stop apologizing, and commit ourselves to victory no matter the costs. We are at war. This is a clash of ideals. We need to win.
We can't win.

Quote:
People like you can pass judgement and express your outrage publicly without concern for your own safety because rough men stand ready in the night to kill on your behalf. Without us, people like you would be a 2 minute ISIS video.
I believed you were in the military until the last part. Real military men don't go for this Facebook meme crap.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:34 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
On topic, it was great to see 47 Dems choose country over party.

Old 11-20-2015, 04:15 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I think the word is "moral"

Taking in refugees is moral. Turning them away is immoral.
What about tripping them as they run by us?

Old 11-20-2015, 04:22 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
I didn't realize America needed thousands more welfare cases. What other disadvantaged group can we import next?
And thank a hero- the middle class taxpayer

Old 11-20-2015, 04:28 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I think the word is "moral"

Taking in refugees is moral. Turning them away is immoral.
You sponsoring a refugee family with your own money- moral
Demanding your neighbor take in a refugee family and support them- immoral

Guess which example applies to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies