Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 12:29 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,563,721 times

Advertisements

My theory is this. ISIS could be afraid of Israel. Israel has the USA's backing, and a powerful army.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 01:14 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,711 times
Frankly, ISIS as an army doesn't have the capability to invade Israel.
In the short term a destabilized Syria is actually good for Israeli security. Hizbullah is too busy fighting ISIS to focus on Israel, and they, along with their Iranian backers are bleeding resources that would otherwise go into fighting Israel. Who knows what sort of discussions are going on between Israel and the Gulf States behind the scenes, but they typically stay out of these regional conflicts as most Sunni states cannot be seen as being allied with Israel, even Jordan, Turkey and Egypt.

Anyway, they are at least tactically engaged in the Syrian proxy war against Iran.

Old 12-19-2015, 02:12 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,509,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
anyone other than me wondering why isis doesnt screw with Isreal? thoughts opinions?
Because israel has a real military, guns tanks planes and they will defend themselves to the last man or woman? And US will have to deploy troops too. We are allies.
Chasing a bunch of unarmed men women and children out of "your" land is easy compared to trying to chase someone out who can f up your day.

Old 12-19-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Because israel has a real military, guns tanks planes and they will defend themselves to the last man or woman? And US will have to deploy troops too. We are allies.
Chasing a bunch of unarmed men women and children out of "your" land is easy compared to trying to chase someone out who can f up your day.
ISIS is a deadlier version of street gangs. Actually, street gangs in the USA would be easier to flush out than than ISIS. We know where the gang members are. They are citizens of this country. Consider this. There were a group of men who gained contacts with Ghaddafi. They planned to have government buildings in the USA bombed. Was this a cell of ISIS, Al-Qaeda, or the Taliban? No. It was a Chicago-based African-American street gang known as the Black P-Stones. They also go by the name Al-Rukns. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almigh...._Stone_Nation

Stopping them was easy. Tap the phones, cut off Jeff Fort by putting him in the Supermax. Stopping ISIS is harder. ISIS has the goal of establishing a Caliphate via killing anyone who isn't for it. The "Almighty" Black P. Stone Nation is a bunch of gang members who sell drugs, kill each other and other African-Americans, and basically, be wreckless and do nilly-willy. The P. Stones operate in specific neighborhoods in the USA, and in the USA, we have rule of law. ISIS, however, operates in places where law and order is a joke.

Basically, ISIS is similar to a street gang in the sense that they don't answer to the President of the respective nations. They answer to violence and their own goal of a Caliphate. They know that if they go against a nation that has rule of law, and will use force when attacked, and is better equipped to deal with it, well, it won't end well. Look what happened to Hezbollah.

Operate like an army, get attacked like an army. Operate like a street gang, well, it's harder to deal with.

Old 12-19-2015, 03:40 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
anyone other than me wondering why isis doesnt screw with Isreal? thoughts opinions?
Maybe all an Israeli has to do is say: "Six Day War" as a little reminder?

Old 12-19-2015, 06:53 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Your links are nothing more than racist, holocaust denying, anti-Jew propaganda. Only white-supremists feed off such garbage.
I'm a Jew! If you're so bent over the links that I posted, simply Google it yourself and you'll find dozens of other links that no matter how you twist it, can't all be construed as "racist, holocaust denying, anti-Jew propaganda"! Sounds to me like your mind is so twisted that you can't handle the TRUTH when it goes against your desires!

Old 12-19-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Maybe all an Israeli has to do is say: "Six Day War" as a little reminder?
I suspect that would be a factor. That and memories of Hezbollah.

In addition, Israel is pretty much the only democratic nation in the Middle East outside of Turkey. ISIS depends on an unstable or nonfunctional government to flourish. Israel does not fit that mold.

Old 12-20-2015, 01:08 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,820,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
I'm a Jew! If you're so bent over the links that I posted, simply Google it yourself and you'll find dozens of other links that no matter how you twist it, can't all be construed as "racist, holocaust denying, anti-Jew propaganda"! Sounds to me like your mind is so twisted that you can't handle the TRUTH when it goes against your desires!
I stand behind what I said about your links. Beitbart is anti-Jew. One of your other sources I looked up on Wikipedia that states that they support Holocaust denial. Your dozen or so other links undoubtedly point back to the same bogus "news" article. That's the way propaganda works. Somebody makes something up and a dozen other racist sites reference it like it's a fact.

Furthermore, I'm not the slightest bit impressed that you claim you're a Jews. On of the most virulent antisemites I know claims he's a Jew too. I don't know whether such people are liars or self-hating Jews. If you're going to convince anyone that Israel supports Isis, you're going to have to do MUCH better than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies