Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: are the adult male refuges cowards?
no 27 36.99%
yes 46 63.01%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 06:58 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyu86 View Post
A bunch of spoiled armchair warrior Americans who support all kinds of police, military, and intelligence abuses in the name of security commenting on anyone's courage behind the safety of their monitors in exurbia or suburbia is about as absurd as it possibly gets.
"is about as absurd as it possibly gets."

No more ABSURD then your baseless rant!

Old 11-20-2015, 07:03 AM

906 posts, read 712,477 times
I dont think their identity is tied up in being Syrian as much as it is in being Muslim...its different in America where lots of people are more American than anything.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:11 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
They are mostly soldiers of ISIS invited in by insane Western leaders coming to the West to rape infidel girls and to cause destruction.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:24 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkinhead View Post
I couldn't even fathom leaving my homeland without fighting back in a scenario such as the one taking place in Syria. If all of these able bodied men really wanted to stay in their country they could easily defeat ISIS by shearer numbers. We're talking millions upon millions of men old enough to understand the situation and still young enough to pull a trigger.
Seems like the sort of thing that's easy to say when you're being an internet tough guy from the comfort of your home. Get back to us when your own government is dropping bombs out of the sky at you and terrorists want to chop off your head.

Quote:
By letting these men flee, we're not helping them. This goes back to the whole why you don't feed a stray thing.It sounds heartless, but the best thing we can do is arm them, and let them fight the good fight. The only people that can really defeat ISIS are the ones running from them.
Arm them with what? They face two enemies. One has no qualms about killing and also no issue with being killed themselves. The other has the capability to drop bombs from the air.
Quote:
I'm not saying give them tanks and jets. I'm saying we spend a few million on some old Nagant surplus rifles with ammo, and call it a day
So basically you think we should arm them with insufficient weaponry and tell them to sit around and wait to be murdered. I assume you'll be taking responsibility when those weapons wind up in the hands of ISIS, right?

Old 11-20-2015, 07:27 AM

15,862 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Who would they fight? The civil war has been going on for years. THEN ISIS infiltrated. There are no good options. You're fighting your government on one hand and ideologues on the other.

Most of the refugees who make it to Europe are middle to upper class. The men are educated, often speak English, and were exactly the type of people the government has been targeting for years.

This is not your typical war. To say anything else is willful ignorance.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:32 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,096,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Who would they fight? The civil war has been going on for years. THEN ISIS infiltrated. There are no good options. You're fighting your government on one hand and ideologues on the other.

Most of the refugees who make it to Europe are middle to upper class. The men are educated, often speak English, and were exactly the type of people the government has been targeting for years.

This is not your typical war. To say anything else is willful ignorance.
I'd hate to see the Syrian child who could have cured cancer not get the chance due to people thinking he was a terrorist.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:39 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,087 times
Wonder if the OP has ever been electrocuted for days on end, then had burning coals put on his stomach and genitals and then watched as his friend was beaten to death in front of him? Just one refugee story ( who fled Assad ) who got caught taking photos of a demonstration.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:43 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,839,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
Wonder if the OP has ever been electrocuted for days on end, then had burning coals put on his stomach and genitals and then watched as his friend was beaten to death in front of him? Just one refugee story ( who fled Assad ) who got caught taking photos of a demonstration.
Sound like some of those Resistance fellows in WW2.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkinhead View Post
I'm not a right winger.

This is just common sense. I'm not saying give them tanks and jets. I'm saying we spend a few million on some old Nagant surplus rifles with ammo, and call it a day

We're talking millions of men running from thousands of men. If Russian Peasants backed down the Nazis, I'm pretty sure Syrian nationals can take out ISIS....................if they really wanted to
Be careful. Lots of Americans came here as refugees.

Know what I mean? (Hint, hint)

Old 11-20-2015, 08:35 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Don't know if you can really call them cowards because staying alive is a biological basis of human behavior

This being said, I think these adult males are just not desperate enough. Desperate people make desperate decisions. When my brother was serving in the Marine Corps, he said he would kill himself before getting captured because the enemies would torture the hell out of him. He also said he would fight till he took the last breath. He had no problem give his life to his fellow Marines, his cos, etc. But now in peace time, he would only take a bullet for families, not everybody else.

I doubt these male refugees are desperate enough. They have so many options, why fight? lose your country? no problem, come to another country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies