Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 05:25 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times

Advertisements

Ahhhh. The false war of liberals vs conservatives.

Fascinating at how many continue to fight it, instead of focusing on issues at hand.

This is what being blinded by political dogma means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 05:26 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,838,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Yes you should believe it is not entrenched. Because there are other reasons to be concerned about the refugees from Syria than race. Just as there are other reasons to be concerned about illegal immigration other than race. But you want to make everything about race.

Exactly, there is no conservative that would deny entry to any Syrian Refuge that was Christian, Jewish, Buddhist or any other faith. The issue is that it is not possible to establish whether or not Muslim Refugees are well intentioned or not. Sorry, but Paris has proven that to be the case.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:28 PM

2,960 posts, read 3,528,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
We're bigoted against liberal democrat morons too.

Btw, our president just went around the world complaining about the more than 50% of Americans who don't agree with him. Do you think that that was a uniting action?
Mr. Joshua, I couldn't agree with you more. The no brain liberals pollute this forum with crap like this and can't come up with any kind of substance and resort to meaningless name calling.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:32 PM

31,003 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The Syrian refugee crisis is yet another example of how American Conservatives are significantly influenced by bigoted views of people not like them.

Conservatives will cry that they get unfairly labeled as hateful and ignorant, but give them a chance to paint an entire group according to the actions of a minority, and they'll run with it. It doesn't matter how deplorable to the stereotype or absurd the "solution," there are Conservatives in positions of power ready to implement it.

This is nothing new to anyone that's listened Conservative discourse in this country. They do it to Black Americans, they do it to Hispanic Americans, they do it to LGBTQ Americans, and now it's time to do it to Muslim Americans.

It's ironic how a party that claims Democrats try to create division and focus on race, will do the same things if it means they get to punish certain communities. Suggest that Muslim Americans are being unfairly demonized in this country and Conservatives will say that it's playing identity politics. Suggest the Muslim Americans get tagged and put under surveillance and Conservatives applaud.

In a few years time, when Muslim Americans start favoring Democrats 90/10, how will Conservatives shift the blame to say that either Democrats or Muslims are at fault?
Lets see why Muslims get a bad Rap?

1) Thier Prophet was a Man who married a 9 years old girl, had slaves, and killed people who wrote poems about him. Doesn't really sound like the peaceful Prophet to me.

2) The shining star(country) of Moderate Islam is Indonesia, a country that enjoys the reputation of having the largest percentage of women missing their Clitoris. Why? Because the Back-az Muslim clerics in that country have the people convinced to cut the dam things off
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preval...ntry#Indonesia

Somalia, Egypt and many other countries the same practice, so about 1/3 of the worlds Muslim women are missing this body part, You ever want to have sex with your privates mutilated

3) Slavery? The only countries in the world that employ Slavery today, as was done in colonial times is who? Muslim Countries of Mauritania, Mali, Sudan.

Saudi Arabia, home of wondrous Mecca, abolished Slavery in 1962, but it really continues there today

Saudi Arabia: The Middle East

4) Who has the most Terrorist organizations in the World with second place not even being close? Christians you say
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rrorist_groups

5) How about that other shining star of Islam: Secular Turkey, where gay couple can be seen holding hands in the parks unlike here where Right wing police attack thier parades

Whats most interesting about Muslims as a whole, is they have an excuse for every instance of violence by their group and deny that Islam ever was spread by the Sword...of course not
Attached Thumbnails
Are we really supposed to believe that bigotry isn't entrenched in Conservative ideology?-images.jpg  

Old 11-20-2015, 05:35 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Krab View Post
Conservatives like to put on this "tough guy" front, but conservatism at its core appeals to the fearful. It's really that simple.
Said the guy who's party invented Pajama Boy.

Bwahahahahahahahahaaaaa!

Old 11-20-2015, 05:35 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,838,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Krab View Post
Conservatives like to put on this "tough guy" front, but conservatism at its core appeals to the fearful. It's really that simple.

Yeah, right. And the left tells black audiences that the GOP is going to put them back in chains. OR that the GOP wants to bring back Jim Crow

VP Biden Says Republicans Are 'Going to Put Y'all Back in Chains' - ABC News

OR that the GOP wants to bring back Jim Crow.

DWS: GOP wants to bring back 'Jim Crow' - POLITICO

The left tells female audiences that the GOP is going force them into back alley abortions.

The left tells older audiences that the GOP wants old people to die.

Grayson: GOP wants 'you to die' - POLITICO

They warn workers that GOP wants to take away protections of workers.

Republican Platform: Road Map to Dismantle Workers

The left warns that the GOP is going to take away SS and let old people die in the streets.

But conservatives appeal to the fearful.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:44 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Trump never said that. Nice try.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:45 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default Conservatives are bigoted mummies

Nobody takes Republicans seriously, especially when it comes to race. It is common knowledge that they are the party of Dixie, the party for the most bigoted, racist people in this society. They condemn all refugees just like they think all blacks are inferior, lazy, and criminally inclined. Pretty pathetic, the MUMMIES.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:46 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Sounds familiar for what liberals do to gun owners, blame the mass for the actions of a few? Suggesting bans, regulations, screening and policy revision be enacted while using insulting names and claims like "gun nut", "gun fetishes", "rednecks", and "people clinging to their guns at the forsake of people"?

If a islamic terrorist uses a gun over here won't liberals run with it?
Not even remotely close. You're comparing regulating a product to discriminating a person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
I don't see it as bigotry, I see it as common sense.

We have tens of thousand of people that we can't do proper background checks on and even if we COULD there is no guarantee that they don't become radical later, like the woman who blew herself up in France that used to be a party girl.
There's no guarantee about letting anyone into the country. You have former vets who've turned terrorist. Would you suggest banning the return of all vets b/c "there is no guarantee?" Or is just b/c you're looking at Muslims that this "guarantee" seems necessary? This is the bigotry I'm pointing out to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Here's a news flash for you regarding these 'refugees', Eddie:

YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO GAMBLE WITH THE LIVES OF YOUR FELLOW AMERICANS SIMPLY TO ASSUAGE YOUR GUILT AND NEED FOR DIVERSITY.
I just want you to know that this was a nonsense post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Has anyone seen a more hateful and lying group than today's left? Really, these people are simply insane. The rantings in this thread from the left makes me think of pudgy, sweats wearing, spittle covered 20 somethings posting from mom's basement or their junior college student lounge.
Meanwhile, your leading Conservative voices are suggesting locking up, monitoring, and/or deporting certain groups not like them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
This is total and unadulterated BULLS**T!

Bigotry my ass.

Not all Conservatives are that far to the right. Only the Tea Party Christian fundamentalists (some, not all) may lean that way.

The Syrian issue is safety from terrorists.

Black issue, I cant speak to because I haven't seen any more prejudiced views from Conservatives than libs. Plenty of black conservatives out there starting with Ben Carson

Closing the borders is, again, a safety issue.

Punishing groups?

All the Dems want to do is spend us deeper into debt (and, yes, plenty of Republicans are helping that!)

The OP is painting with a pretty broad brush
It is not a safety issue. It's an "I'm scared of anything that exists outside of my bubble" issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsmith713 View Post
But isn't this what liberals do when trying to push their gun control agenda? Liberals always lump in law abiding gun owners with the individual(s) that performed the crime. Also, I hope the background checks performed are better with these refugees than with an american citizen.

FBI Director Says Background Check System Failed, Allowing Alleged SC Shooter to Purchase Gun - ABC News
Nothing like guns. Regulating a product is not the same as discriminating against a person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Conservatives will cry that they get unfairly labeled as hateful and ignorant"

And we have MORE "conservatives hate (fill in the blanks)" posts by "hateful and ignorant," liberals.

The worst, uncivil discourse in the last decade occurred in the Bush years when the president was vilified and attacked and demonized, compared to Nazis. He was called Hitler. There was the article in "The New Republic," a leading liberal magazine that began, by an editor, "I hate George Bush. There I said it."

I'm SURE you chastised your fellow liberals EVERY time W. bush was demonized. Or maybe you were one of them.

You should try looking into a mirror sometime!
Meanwhile you Conservative leaders are standing in front of the people who elected them and advocating the bigotry of surveillance, deportation, and internment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
No point in responding to your post which has the only purpose of baiting conservatives into an argument.

Re: Your post title of "Are we really supposed to believe yada yada yada..............".

Believe what the hell you want. I'm tired of arguing with people like you. Call me a bigot, a racist, a xenophobe, a redneck, a gun clinger, a woman hater (which would be interesting since I AM one), a poor hater, an immigrant hater (which would also be interesting since I WAS one), or someone who hates gays. Heard it all non-stop for more than a handful of years. It don't mean sh*t anymore. People like you overplayed their hand. People like you always overplay their hand. Nobody cares about the insults.. Not anymore. There are now more things to be concerned about than your stupid insults.
If everyone kept calling me fat, at some point I'd have to look in the mirror and get on a scale, not eat another slice of pizza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
This is a troll thread.
If you can't handle being confronted with your own ugly realities, admit it. Don't try to derail the conversation with false cries of "WAAAAAAAAH!"

If you think I'm trolling, point me to the things that shut down my argument. You can't because this news cycle has been wall to wall with the asinine comments of your thought leaders. If the best you can do when someone points it out to you is complain that it's not fair that I'm using facts, then go hangout in a thread that won't call you out on your nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
It has nothing to do with them being Syrian, but everything to do with them being Muslim.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
*clap*clap*clap*clap*

(Don't forget the modern day conservative suffers from a perpetual persecution complex too)
Thank you. I can't wait for FOX News to stop covering the War on Christians so they can back to demonizing Muslims.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:50 PM

285 posts, read 176,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Said the guy who's party invented Pajama Boy.

Bwahahahahahahahahaaaaa!
You have no idea what party I support. How presumptuous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Yeah, right. And the left tells black audiences that the GOP is going to put them back in chains. OR that the GOP wants to bring back Jim Crow

VP Biden Says Republicans Are 'Going to Put Y'all Back in Chains' - ABC News

OR that the GOP wants to bring back Jim Crow.

DWS: GOP wants to bring back 'Jim Crow' - POLITICO

The left tells female audiences that the GOP is going force them into back alley abortions.

The left tells older audiences that the GOP wants old people to die.

Grayson: GOP wants 'you to die' - POLITICO

They warn workers that GOP wants to take away protections of workers.

Republican Platform: Road Map to Dismantle Workers

The left warns that the GOP is going to take away SS and let old people die in the streets.

But conservatives appeal to the fearful.
I never said that the left doesn't use fear-tactics – but what the left says doesn't change the fact that conservatism is uncomfortable with challenges to traditional power structures. All those links, yet you can't disprove my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies