Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 01:07 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times

Advertisements

Ohhh My...I'm trying to envision just what this ID badge would look like?? But but but..They would be beautifully designed ones..they would be proud to wear it, don't ya know?!

This falls right in line with the "Scarlet Letter" or that "Yellow Star" ordered to be sewn on the Jewish clothing during the "Nazi" war on the Jew's!

History of the Yellow Star

Nothing would surprise me by what comes out of mouths of these politicians or their supporters for that matter!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 01:08 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The Syrian refugee crisis is yet another example of how American Conservatives are significantly influenced by bigoted views of people not like them.

Conservatives will cry that they get unfairly labeled as hateful and ignorant, but give them a chance to paint an entire group according to the actions of a minority, and they'll run with it. It doesn't matter how deplorable to the stereotype or absurd the "solution," there are Conservatives in positions of power ready to implement it.

This is nothing new to anyone that's listened Conservative discourse in this country. They do it to Black Americans, they do it to Hispanic Americans, they do it to LGBTQ Americans, and now it's time to do it to Muslim Americans.

It's ironic how a party that claims Democrats try to create division and focus on race, will do the same things if it means they get to punish certain communities. Suggest that Muslim Americans are being unfairly demonized in this country and Conservatives will say that it's playing identity politics. Suggest the Muslim Americans get tagged and put under surveillance and Conservatives applaud.

In a few years time, when Muslim Americans start favoring Democrats 90/10, how will Conservatives shift the blame to say that either Democrats or Muslims are at fault?
This is total and unadulterated BULLS**T!

Bigotry my ass.

Not all Conservatives are that far to the right. Only the Tea Party Christian fundamentalists (some, not all) may lean that way.

The Syrian issue is safety from terrorists.

Black issue, I cant speak to because I haven't seen any more prejudiced views from Conservatives than libs. Plenty of black conservatives out there starting with Ben Carson

Closing the borders is, again, a safety issue.

Punishing groups?

All the Dems want to do is spend us deeper into debt (and, yes, plenty of Republicans are helping that!)

The OP is painting with a pretty broad brush

Old 11-20-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
We're bigoted against liberal democrat morons too.

Btw, our president just went around the world complaining about the more than 50% of Americans who don't agree with him. Do you think that that was a uniting action?
No way in Hell was obuma uniting when speaking out. He is so far in over his head that only his ass is showing above the water line because he is floating in a sea of lies and just plain lunacy.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnownUnknown View Post
The biggest danger to blacks, hispanics and the LGBTQ community are American conservative whites, and they always have been in this country. But I don't think you're suggesting a race war.
Horse puckies!!!!!!!!

Old 11-20-2015, 01:17 PM

252 posts, read 275,965 times
Quote:
Or maybe we recognize that punishing an entire group based on the actions of a minuscule few that MIGHT be there is deplorable... We don't live in fear of boogey men, and we don't let that fear dictate what's right and fair.
But isn't this what liberals do when trying to push their gun control agenda? Liberals always lump in law abiding gun owners with the individual(s) that performed the crime. Also, I hope the background checks performed are better with these refugees than with an american citizen.

FBI Director Says Background Check System Failed, Allowing Alleged SC Shooter to Purchase Gun - ABC News

Old 11-20-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
No, it's the self-righteous "progressives" with their policies of demonizing and stereotyping their opposition, and their strategy of manipulating their own following, (which they view as a coalition of special interests who can all benefit at the expense of the conservative minority); they are the real hate-mongers.

Said much better than I ever could

Old 11-20-2015, 01:22 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
I've only heard my fellow Conservatives state that its the threat of terrorists infiltrating the ranks of the refugees as the reasoning behind the opposition to taking them in. Its about being proactive and screening these people carefully, to protect fellow US citizens.

But that's being twisted by the left to suggest we oppose these refugees simply because of their race. Everything comes down to race issues with the left -- and for those who constantly claim they want equality, they excel and dividing everyone into groups to treat differently based on their race, gender, religion or sexual orientation.

It's always bigotry if the left says it is. Conservatives are capable of understanding the difference between judging someone and examining facts and discerning the difference between what makes sense with regard to safety and the security of the nation.

While the left stands around patting each other on their backs in the name of tolerance, it will always be the conservative "bigots" who take the blame for keeping them safe.

Actually, if you think about progressives, they are like teenagers who hate their parents because they "are soo uncool" and "just don't get it" only to beg for a ride to the mall and beg for spending money an hour later. They feel that conservatives should have no say in the policies of the nation, but that they should be stripped of as much of their money as possible. Because Conservative.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:25 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnownUnknown View Post
I'm just looking at who passes and enforces the laws that hurt others with explicit language designed to deny equal rights.
Presumably you can provide an actual example of such a law, right?

Old 11-20-2015, 01:28 PM

59,067 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
The Syrian refugee crisis is yet another example of how American Conservatives are significantly influenced by bigoted views of people not like them.

Conservatives will cry that they get unfairly labeled as hateful and ignorant, but give them a chance to paint an entire group according to the actions of a minority, and they'll run with it. It doesn't matter how deplorable to the stereotype or absurd the "solution," there are Conservatives in positions of power ready to implement it.

This is nothing new to anyone that's listened Conservative discourse in this country. They do it to Black Americans, they do it to Hispanic Americans, they do it to LGBTQ Americans, and now it's time to do it to Muslim Americans.

It's ironic how a party that claims Democrats try to create division and focus on race, will do the same things if it means they get to punish certain communities. Suggest that Muslim Americans are being unfairly demonized in this country and Conservatives will say that it's playing identity politics. Suggest the Muslim Americans get tagged and put under surveillance and Conservatives applaud.

In a few years time, when Muslim Americans start favoring Democrats 90/10, how will Conservatives shift the blame to say that either Democrats or Muslims are at fault?
"Conservatives will cry that they get unfairly labeled as hateful and ignorant"

And we have MORE "conservatives hate (fill in the blanks)" posts by "hateful and ignorant," liberals.

The worst, uncivil discourse in the last decade occurred in the Bush years when the president was vilified and attacked and demonized, compared to Nazis. He was called Hitler. There was the article in "The New Republic," a leading liberal magazine that began, by an editor, "I hate George Bush. There I said it."

I'm SURE you chastised your fellow liberals EVERY time W. bush was demonized. Or maybe you were one of them.

You should try looking into a mirror sometime!

Old 11-20-2015, 01:29 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Here's a news flash for you regarding these 'refugees', Eddie:

YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO GAMBLE WITH THE LIVES OF YOUR FELLOW AMERICANS SIMPLY TO ASSUAGE YOUR GUILT AND NEED FOR DIVERSITY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies