Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2008, 07:34 AM

5,224 posts, read 4,996,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You obviously have no information regarding Mrs. Clintons plan. Another candidate, who has dropped out, Senator Edwards, was even more draconian.

It is/was Government run. Private health insurance companies would, basically, go out of business.

I pay for car insurance because I might have an accident. I pay for health insurance because I might get sick.

Do you have nationalized car insurance

Comparing CAR INSURANCE to health insurance is quite frankly RIDICULOUS!! You may own a car and NEVER get into an accident.

HOWEVER.. you WILL get sick from time to time. .. there is no "maybe". Bodies age..we are organic and wear down.. we have viruses, bacterial infections.. you can catch at any time. NO ONE IS IMMUNE TO GETTING ILL AND NEEDIND MEDICAL ATTENTION unless they live in a bubble! Like Bubble Boy !!

People can also choose NOT to drive cars and take a bus so they don't have to pay insurancee.. YOU CAN'T CHOOSE NOT TO HAVE YOUR BODY THAT WILL GET SICK FROM TIME TO TIME SO THAT YOU DON'T NEED INSURANCE!!!

An Accident is brought on , usually, by your own carelessness or someone else's.. ILLNESSES ARE BROUGHT ON BY GENETICS WITH ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OVER IT BY YOU!

7,923 posts, read 8,829,215 times
NO the cost to the taxpayer would be far far higher as fewer will pay for the same amount of hospitals etc. Because the spread of the people on UHC would be vast you would still have to build hospitals clinics etc al over the USA but fewer using them

25,100 posts, read 39,187,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
What's the penalty for not pyaing your income taxes? This is simply going to be a tax automatically removed from you paycheck..

What happens if you don't pay taxes.. property is levy and siezed.

What happens if you don't pay property taxes? Your property is siezed!

This would be NO DIFFERENT!
Again - what about those Americans who do not get a "normal" paycheck?

Millions and millions of Americans do not get "normal" paychecks.

I will give you an "for instance" (very common). My agents are "independent contractors". Their check have absolutely no deductions taken from them. Tax returns? Their problem - not mine.

If they don't file a return - they have to deal with IRS that is true. How many years might it take for the IRS to get to them? 3 /4 / 5 / 6????

Do they get coverage during that time?

And, what about all the millions who get paid cash - cold hard cash (the underground economy) - what about all those people? Do you cover them too?

Old 02-04-2008, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Not true in Canada - it is a major financial drain with waiting lines.

Not true in England

Not true in France (in fact, many French are shunning the national system )

BS.. I've heard evidence to the contrary. I've seen interviews with AMERICANS LIVING IN FRANCE. that praise the system..
PROPOGANDA PROPOGANDA PROPOGANDA put forth by insurance companies who want to continue to hold the rest of us by the balls...
And again.. what makes you think suddenly more people will get sick all of a sudden with UHI? You already said hospitals are currently full.. Dr's offices are always busy.. . and we're not waiting in lines? That won't change.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Comparing CAR INSURANCE to health insurance is quite frankly RIDICULOUS!! You may own a car and NEVER get into an accident.

HOWEVER.. you WILL get sick from time to time. .. there is no "maybe". Bodies age..we are organic and wear down.. we have viruses, bacterial infections.. you can catch at any time. NO ONE IS IMMUNE TO GETTING ILL AND NEEDIND MEDICAL ATTENTION unless they live in a bubble! Like Bubble Boy !!

People can also choose NOT to drive cars and take a bus so they don't have to pay insurancee.. YOU CAN'T CHOOSE NOT TO HAVE YOUR BODY THAT WILL GET SICK FROM TIME TO TIME SO THAT YOU DON'T NEED INSURANCE!!!

An Accident is brought on , usually, by your own carelessness or someone else's.. ILLNESSES ARE BROUGHT ON BY GENETICS WITH ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OVER IT BY YOU!
I'm sorry but, I know an 80 year old who has been to the Doctor twice in his life -

As for ever going to the hospital - he says "I was not born in a hospital - I ain't ever going to one neither" - I love this guy - he is a lot of fun. But, he is serious

I recognize what you are saying - and, I can agree - to a point. But you must realize that not everything is as absolute as you try to paint it.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
BS.. I've heard evidence to the contrary. I've seen interviews with AMERICANS LIVING IN FRANCE. that praise the system..
PROPOGANDA PROPOGANDA PROPOGANDA put forth by insurance companies who want to continue to hold the rest of us by the balls...
And again.. what makes you think suddenly more people will get sick all of a sudden with UHI? You already said hospitals are currently full.. Dr's offices are always busy.. . and we're not waiting in lines? That won't change.
When a system, like Canada's, decides that someone is not worth the treatment, I say that is wrong?

You?

Old 02-04-2008, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Again - what about those Americans who do not get a "normal" paycheck?

Millions and millions of Americans do not get "normal" paychecks.

I will give you an "for instance" (very common). My agents are "independent contractors". Their check have absolutely no deductions taken from them. Tax returns? Their problem - not mine.

If they don't file a return - they have to deal with IRS that is true. How many years might it take for the IRS to get to them? 3 /4 / 5 / 6????

Do they get coverage during that time?

And, what about all the millions who get paid cash - cold hard cash (the underground economy) - what about all those people? Do you cover them too?
They'll face the same consequences ANY person faces that doesn't pay taxes or evades taxes.. seizure of property jail time!! come on. .that won't change! yeah.. they'll get it, but then they'll get their property siezed or go to jail!

It's not enough to make THAT much of a different.

I never said THIS SYSTEM would be perfect.. perfect is reserved for heaven.. but this system, by far, would be better than the system we have now!

Old 02-04-2008, 07:45 AM

Quote:
They'll face the same consequences ANY person faces that doesn't pay taxes or evades taxes.. seizure of property jail time!! come on. .that won't change! yeah.. they'll get it, but then they'll get their property siezed or go to jail!

It's not enough to make THAT much of a different.

I never said THIS SYSTEM would be perfect.. perfect is reserved for heaven.. but this system, by far, would be better than the system we have now!
You are now suggesting - if you realize it or not - that the government have total and complete control over you. Don't you see that?

Men and women have fought and died to preserve our freedoms - our way of life. You want to throw that all away.

There are other ways, besides UHI, to accomplish what you want to accomplish, yet still preserve our freedoms.

Let the American people decide - not the government. WE - the People -

Old 02-04-2008, 07:46 AM

YES it is wrong and so is denying treatment to ALL who cannot afford it. They die everyday but no one cares. In the UK my wife has private health cover. She can use NHS and private. Because there is a NHS and the Insurance companies do not have a monopoly, there are some great healthcare packages available. We pay Just opver £100 per month for her private health care. If she decides to go into a NHS hospital for treatment and stays in the hospital, she recieves $100 per day of her stay from the insurance company. They do this as it is cheaper than paying for her bed and all her treatment. This only happens because to get customers the insurance companies HAVE TO BE competative. So if you want Private and you don't want to pay through the nose, then UHC will help you too.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:48 AM

Do the private health companies have total and complete control over you. They are only doing what a UHC would do. Take your money and administer hospital care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies